|Discos Calientes 2012 - Chico CA [message #116442]
||Thu, 24 May 2012 19:07
Registered: September 2008
I am excited to announce Discos Calientes 2012. We have nailed down
the dates and they are August 25th/26th.
We are planning on having divisions for Open, Womens, and Mixed again
this year. We would really like it if we have enough womens teams for
that division so PLEASE get the word out to any and all womens teams.
The bid cost will still be $400 and will cover:
1) The beautiful Chico, CA fields we use every year.
2) Trainer(s) at the fields (we are planning on them having tape too).
3) 2 Full days of Ultimate (6 games guaranteed right now, but more
likely will be 7 or 8 played). This will be clarified closer to the
4) As always an amazing party (most likely for 21+ again).
We are changing a couple of things this year:
1) We are no longer going to allow people to play BOTH open/womens and
a) What this means is that, teams no longer will have to wait until
after noon to start their games or have all their games done by noon.
This will also allow for longer rounds (instead of just over an
hour). We feel that this will make our tournament even better than it
2) We are looking into/planning on making our tournament USAU
Sanctioned. When I know more information about the sanctioning and
what that entails I will let everyone know.
July 16th - Bid Deadline (you must get your email bids in by this
date), around this time I will be contacting each team with whether we
have accepted their bid and where to send the money and the like.
August 3rd - Money Deadline/Initial No Drop Date (your money must be
RECEIVED by this date, if you drop after this date you only get 50% of
your bid back).
August 11th - No Drop Date (NO MONEY BACK if you drop after this
In your bid email please include:
1) Contact information: including name and contact email.
2) Team Name
3) Division you are playing in
Send your bids to: discoscalientes at yahoo dot com
Thanks and looking forward to seeing you all in August!