Forum Search:
RSD No Spam
rec.sport.disc without the spam


Home » RSD » RSD Posts » Oh the shame! Your terrible call has been caught on film!
Oh the shame! Your terrible call has been caught on film! [message #912] Mon, 29 September 2008 16:43 Go to next message
Henry Cook
Messages: 1
Registered: September 2008
Junior Member
Hey #61 on Wiretap, I just wanted to give you another chance to take
back that atrocious "contest" call you made after fouling me Sunday at
Mid-Atlantic Sectionals.

First of all, I'd like to make it clear that I'm not making this about
which team won or who finished in what place (for the record, Wiretap
beat us in the back-door final to finish 2nd - definitely not going to
take anything away from them for that win).

Now, without further ado, check out these pictures:

1. Approach - http://www.ultiphotos.com/p763831334/h1688e05e#h1688e05e
I'm not sure if you could see the disc, but you're jumping too
early. I'm about to jump straight up and catch the disc.

2. Initial contact - http://www.ultiphotos.com/p763831334/h1688e05e#h11b55d9a
I'm still focusing on trying to catch the disc. I don't know
what you're looking at, but it's not the disc.

3. Clothesline - http://www.ultiphotos.com/p763831334/h1688e05e#h11203c25
Notice how the disc remains untouched. I wasn't able to catch it
before you hit me and you definitely missed it on your way to
bulldozing me

4. Follow-thru - http://www.ultiphotos.com/p763831334/h1688e05e#h18094018
Looks like you're landing on your feet as you continue to knock
me on my ass

5. Foul call - (not shown)
I called "foul" because I believe that I could have caught that
frisbee if I hadn't been tackled before I even touched this disc. I
mean, that's even a foul in football.

6. Contest - (not shown)
You said "contest" because you "never touched me." You actually
said that. I remember your words because I was speechless when
confronted with such complete nonsense.

It wasn't an observed game, but there were two other Wiretap players
nearby who pretty good sight-lines on the play, I have to admit I was
surprised that they supported you on that call. #19 is visible in the
first couple shots, I wonder what he thought of the whole play?

Anyway, I guess we'll just have to let history be the judge on this
one.

Mowry
Medicine Men #25

(Disclaimer: The views expressed in this post belong solely to me and
should not be construed to be indicative of a Medicine Men team
policy. I only put my team affiliation on here so you'd know who I
am).
Re: Oh the shame! Your terrible call has been caught on film! [message #924 is a reply to message #912] Mon, 29 September 2008 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Max
Messages: 343
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
From the photo perspective, that looks like a clear foul, and the
resulting "contest" a spirit violation.
Re: Oh the shame! Your terrible call has been caught on film! [message #926 is a reply to message #912] Mon, 29 September 2008 18:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kevin
Messages: 28
Registered: September 2008
Junior Member
On Sep 29, 7:43 pm, Henry Cook <henry.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey #61 on Wiretap, I just wanted to give you another chance to take
> back that atrocious "contest" call you made after fouling me Sunday at
> Mid-Atlantic Sectionals.
>
> First of all, I'd like to make it clear that I'm not making this about
> which team won or who finished in what place (for the record, Wiretap
> beat us in the back-door final to finish 2nd - definitely not going to
> take anything away from them for that win).
>
> Now, without further ado, check out these pictures:
>
> 1.  Approach -http://www.ultiphotos.com/p763831334/h1688e05e#h1688e05e
>      I'm not sure if you could see the disc, but you're jumping too
> early.  I'm about to jump straight up and catch the disc.
>
> 2.  Initial contact -http://www.ultiphotos.com/p763831334/h1688e05e#h11b55d9a
>      I'm still focusing on trying to catch the disc.  I don't know
> what you're looking at, but it's not the disc.
>
> 3.  Clothesline -http://www.ultiphotos.com/p763831334/h1688e05e#h11203c25
>      Notice how the disc remains untouched.  I wasn't able to catch it
> before you hit me and you definitely missed it on your way to
> bulldozing me
>
> 4.  Follow-thru -http://www.ultiphotos.com/p763831334/h1688e05e#h18094018
>      Looks like you're landing on your feet as you continue to knock
> me on my ass
>
> 5.  Foul call - (not shown)
>      I called "foul" because I believe that I could have caught that
> frisbee if I hadn't been tackled before I even touched this disc.  I
> mean, that's even a foul in football.
>
> 6.  Contest - (not shown)
>      You said "contest" because you "never touched me."  You actually
> said that.  I remember your words because I was speechless when
> confronted with such complete nonsense.
>
> It wasn't an observed game, but there were two other Wiretap players
> nearby who pretty good sight-lines on the play, I have to admit I was
> surprised that they supported you on that call.  #19 is visible in the
> first couple shots, I wonder what he thought of the whole play?
>
> Anyway, I guess we'll just have to let history be the judge on this
> one.
>
> Mowry
> Medicine Men #25
>
> (Disclaimer:  The views expressed in this post belong solely to me and
> should not be construed to be indicative of a Medicine Men team
> policy.  I only put my team affiliation on here so you'd know who I
> am).

MOWRY SUCKS!
Re: Oh the shame! Your terrible call has been caught on film! [message #929 is a reply to message #924] Mon, 29 September 2008 18:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tim
Messages: 21
Registered: September 2008
Junior Member
Man, #61, my spirit is so superior to your spirit.

You make unspirited calls, and I write on the internet to watch
everyone else shame you off the field.

Spirit foul +1

-Fey
Maryland #43
Re: Oh the shame! Your terrible call has been caught on film! [message #932 is a reply to message #929] Mon, 29 September 2008 19:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bbuck
Messages: 6
Registered: September 2008
Junior Member
You see this alot and the opinion that contesting the foul that took
place in those pictures is okay is just wrong. His play on the disc
was taken away by hard physical contact in the air when the opposing
player has not previously made contact with the disc.

Bottom line: that is the definition of a foul.

I could understand the claim that maybe the player who commited the
foul wasn't really aware of exactly what happened at the time, but
looking back at the pictures to see people claim that it is okay to
contest that foul, thats just a really wrong opinion....
Re: Oh the shame! Your terrible call has been caught on film! [message #938 is a reply to message #932] Mon, 29 September 2008 19:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Chira
Messages: 4
Registered: September 2008
Junior Member
BBuck you said: His play on the disc was taken away by hard physical
contact in the air when the opposing player has not previously made
contact with the disc.

If you had read what I wrote I said that in my opinion he got to the
disc before any contact happened. If you look between Photos 2 and 3
the disc has completely changed direction, the question is then
whether he got to it before or after he made contact my eyes told me
he did, but I am willing to accept that I might be wrong.

Also your post seems to imply that any time physical contact occurs it
should be a foul. I've seen and been part of plenty of plays where
there was a lot of physical contact and no one called anything or when
it went to an observer they called no foul. When there is no observer
there it is up to the players to make the right call and sometimes as
aggravating as it might be it can be a foul/contest.



On Sep 29, 10:28 pm, Bbuck <walrusultim...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You see this alot and the opinion that contesting the foul that took
> place in those pictures is okay is just wrong. His play on the disc
> was taken away by hard physical contact in the air when the opposing
> player has not previously made contact with the disc.
>
> Bottom line: that is the definition of a foul.
>
> I could understand the claim that maybe the player who commited the
> foul wasn't really aware of exactly what happened at the time, but
> looking back at the pictures to see people claim that it is okay to
> contest that foul, thats just a really wrong opinion....
Re: Oh the shame! Your terrible call has been caught on film! [message #945 is a reply to message #938] Mon, 29 September 2008 20:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
danfrisbeeman
Messages: 16
Registered: September 2008
Junior Member
On Sep 29, 7:48 pm, Andrew Chira <andrew.ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you had read what I wrote I said that in my opinion he got to the
> disc before any contact happened.  

That in itself is not proof enough that it's not a foul. You are
perpetuating a myth.
Re: Oh the shame! Your terrible call has been caught on film! [message #946 is a reply to message #938] Mon, 29 September 2008 20:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Blaine
Messages: 1
Registered: September 2008
Junior Member
The disc changed direction because it bounced off the receiver's hand
it looks like. The receiver missed it because he was in the process
of being clotheslined.

Also how did you take
"His play on the disc was taken away by hard physical contact in the
air when the opposing player has not previously made contact with the
disc. " to equal "your post seems to imply that any time physical
contact occurs it should be a foul"

He just laid out the conditions for what a foul is and you throw a
strawman up. Then you follow it up with anecdotal evidence of what
you personally have witnessed. Nothing you have said is convincing
and even your interpretation of photo evidence is suspect to say the
least, though at least you added the caveat of "I could be wrong".


> If you had read what I wrote I said that in my opinion he got to the
> disc before any contact happened.  If you look between Photos 2 and 3
> the disc has completely changed direction, the question is then
> whether he got to it before or after he made contact my eyes told me
> he did, but I am willing to accept that I might be wrong.
>
> Also your post seems to imply that any time physical contact occurs it
> should be a foul.  I've seen and been part of plenty of plays where
> there was a lot of physical contact and no one called anything or when
> it went to an observer they called no foul.  When there is no observer
> there it is up to the players to make the right call and sometimes as
> aggravating as it might be it can be a foul/contest.
Re: Oh the shame! Your terrible call has been caught on film! [message #952 is a reply to message #946] Mon, 29 September 2008 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
scoop
Messages: 76
Registered: September 2008
Member
Henry Cook:

It looks very likely from the photo evidence that this is a bad
contest. You were fouled. Congratulations.

Boo fucking hoo.

Why are you posting to RSD? Did this effect the outcome of a close
game? Oh, not even. It was a blow-out that your team lost by 8 goals?
I'd have more respect for you if you'd gotten into a fight after the
game (the adrenalin got to you) or other less-egregious anti-social
behavior at the time (I could at least invent some mitigating factors
for you).

But now? Sorry. Context matters when whining in a public forum. Check
out the RSD FAQ if you don't believe me. Isn't there some weekly
sectional whiners list-serve you could have taken this to? Wouldn't
your girlfriend listen? Did she leave you over this (there are past
RSD precedents; ask Frank).

At any rate, this has nothing to do with Toad's wombat-like obsessions
("must dig hole... must dig deeper hole."). I was in a sports bar
sunday dedicated to fantasy football, so was surrounded by 6 or more
simultaneous NFL games. Every time i looked up i thought there was a
piss poor, non-contestable call by the refs (don't get me started on
pass interference).

So yeah, some guy on the other team made a bad call. One. bad. call.
Your team of course made none. And you want to be the center of
attention over this? Maybed not such a bad idea... I guess it takes
attention away from the fact that your O-line got schooled.

Dan Murphy -- affiliated with absolutely nobody.

p.s. if team leaders from Medicine Men don't come on to rein in Henry,
who I'm hoping is a rookie, then it's safe to assume they condone your
gratuitous whining.

p.p.s. Dan is willing to be less of a dick if presented evidence that
cheating by team A deprived the superior team B of a chance at
winning.
Re: Oh the shame! Your terrible call has been caught on film! [message #955 is a reply to message #952] Mon, 29 September 2008 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
notlobjones
Messages: 16
Registered: September 2008
Junior Member
Henry,

you obviously did not see this shot. it was not included in your
aforementioned post:

http://tinyurl.com/2gk7au
Re: Oh the shame! Your terrible call has been caught on film! [message #962 is a reply to message #912] Mon, 29 September 2008 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pete
Messages: 166
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
To summarize:

Wiretap #61: made a not so good contest call guarding a deep receiver.
Medicine Men #25: is kind of a douche.
Re: Oh the shame! Your terrible call has been caught on film! [message #976 is a reply to message #962] Tue, 30 September 2008 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tozer.hammond
Messages: 6
Registered: September 2008
Junior Member
Addendum.

Wiretap #61: Also kind of a douche. I'm just saying.


On Sep 30, 1:58 am, Pete <peterjustinwe...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> To summarize:
>
> Wiretap #61: made a not so good contest call guarding a deep receiver.
> Medicine Men #25: is kind of a douche.
Re: Oh the shame! Your terrible call has been caught on film! [message #980 is a reply to message #976] Tue, 30 September 2008 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
paul5301
Messages: 6
Registered: September 2008
Junior Member
Tozer, that's pretty harsh language considering the guy is your house-
mate.


On Sep 30, 9:13 am, tozer.hamm...@gmail.com wrote:
> Addendum.
>
> Wiretap #61: Also kind of a douche. I'm just saying.
>
> On Sep 30, 1:58 am, Pete <peterjustinwe...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > To summarize:
>
> > Wiretap #61: made a not so good contest call guarding a deep receiver.
> > Medicine Men #25: is kind of a douche.- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -
Re: Oh the shame! Your terrible call has been caught on film! [message #993 is a reply to message #912] Tue, 30 September 2008 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
baumanj
Messages: 18
Registered: September 2008
Junior Member
On Sep 29, 6:43 pm, Henry Cook <henry.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey #61 on Wiretap, I just wanted to give you another chance to take
> back that atrocious "contest" call you made after fouling me Sunday at
> Mid-Atlantic Sectionals.
>
> First of all, I'd like to make it clear that I'm not making this about
> which team won or who finished in what place (for the record, Wiretap
> beat us in the back-door final to finish 2nd - definitely not going to
> take anything away from them for that win).
>
> Now, without further ado, check out these pictures:
>
> 1. Approach -http://www.ultiphotos.com/p763831334/h1688e05e#h1688e05e
> I'm not sure if you could see the disc, but you're jumping too
> early. I'm about to jump straight up and catch the disc.
>
> 2. Initial contact -http://www.ultiphotos.com/p763831334/h1688e05e#h11b55d9a
> I'm still focusing on trying to catch the disc. I don't know
> what you're looking at, but it's not the disc.
>
> 3. Clothesline -http://www.ultiphotos.com/p763831334/h1688e05e#h11203c25
> Notice how the disc remains untouched. I wasn't able to catch it
> before you hit me and you definitely missed it on your way to
> bulldozing me
>
> 4. Follow-thru -http://www.ultiphotos.com/p763831334/h1688e05e#h18094018
> Looks like you're landing on your feet as you continue to knock
> me on my ass
>
> 5. Foul call - (not shown)
> I called "foul" because I believe that I could have caught that
> frisbee if I hadn't been tackled before I even touched this disc. I
> mean, that's even a foul in football.
>
> 6. Contest - (not shown)
> You said "contest" because you "never touched me." You actually
> said that. I remember your words because I was speechless when
> confronted with such complete nonsense.
>
> It wasn't an observed game, but there were two other Wiretap players
> nearby who pretty good sight-lines on the play, I have to admit I was
> surprised that they supported you on that call. #19 is visible in the
> first couple shots, I wonder what he thought of the whole play?
>
> Anyway, I guess we'll just have to let history be the judge on this
> one.
>
> Mowry
> Medicine Men #25
>
> (Disclaimer: The views expressed in this post belong solely to me and
> should not be construed to be indicative of a Medicine Men team
> policy. I only put my team affiliation on here so you'd know who I
> am).

The sequence of photos show that there was clearly physical contact
that was initiated by #61, but what is unclear is who contacted the
disc and when, and whether there was potential for a play on the disc
following the contact. Still images are rarely sufficient evidence for
determining the outcomes of plays like this.
Re: Oh the shame! Your terrible call has been caught on film! [message #995 is a reply to message #980] Tue, 30 September 2008 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cooler266
Messages: 25
Registered: September 2008
Junior Member
He has 'insider information'.



On Sep 30, 9:35 am, paul5...@gmail.com wrote:
> Tozer, that's pretty harsh language considering the guy is your house-
> mate.
>
> On Sep 30, 9:13 am, tozer.hamm...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Addendum.
>
> > Wiretap #61: Also kind of a douche. I'm just saying.
>
> > On Sep 30, 1:58 am, Pete <peterjustinwe...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > To summarize:
>
> > > Wiretap #61: made a not so good contest call guarding a deep receiver..
> > > Medicine Men #25: is kind of a douche.- Hide quoted text -
>
> > - Show quoted text -
Re: Oh the shame! Your terrible call has been caught on film! [message #996 is a reply to message #912] Tue, 30 September 2008 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gking2
Messages: 9
Registered: September 2008
Junior Member
On Sep 29, 7:43 pm, Henry Cook <henry.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey #61 on Wiretap, I just wanted to give you another chance to take
> back that atrocious "contest" call you made after fouling me Sunday at
> Mid-Atlantic Sectionals.
>
> First of all, I'd like to make it clear that I'm not making this about
> which team won or who finished in what place (for the record, Wiretap
> beat us in the back-door final to finish 2nd - definitely not going to
> take anything away from them for that win).
>
> Now, without further ado, check out these pictures:
>
> 1.  Approach -http://www.ultiphotos.com/p763831334/h1688e05e#h1688e05e
>      I'm not sure if you could see the disc, but you're jumping too
> early.  I'm about to jump straight up and catch the disc.
>
> 2.  Initial contact -http://www.ultiphotos.com/p763831334/h1688e05e#h11b55d9a
>      I'm still focusing on trying to catch the disc.  I don't know
> what you're looking at, but it's not the disc.
>
> 3.  Clothesline -http://www.ultiphotos.com/p763831334/h1688e05e#h11203c25
>      Notice how the disc remains untouched.  I wasn't able to catch it
> before you hit me and you definitely missed it on your way to
> bulldozing me
>
> 4.  Follow-thru -http://www.ultiphotos.com/p763831334/h1688e05e#h18094018
>      Looks like you're landing on your feet as you continue to knock
> me on my ass
>
> 5.  Foul call - (not shown)
>      I called "foul" because I believe that I could have caught that
> frisbee if I hadn't been tackled before I even touched this disc.  I
> mean, that's even a foul in football.
>
> 6.  Contest - (not shown)
>      You said "contest" because you "never touched me."  You actually
> said that.  I remember your words because I was speechless when
> confronted with such complete nonsense.
>
> It wasn't an observed game, but there were two other Wiretap players
> nearby who pretty good sight-lines on the play, I have to admit I was
> surprised that they supported you on that call.  #19 is visible in the
> first couple shots, I wonder what he thought of the whole play?
>
> Anyway, I guess we'll just have to let history be the judge on this
> one.
>
> Mowry
> Medicine Men #25
>
> (Disclaimer:  The views expressed in this post belong solely to me and
> should not be construed to be indicative of a Medicine Men team
> policy.  I only put my team affiliation on here so you'd know who I
> am).

I know it's hard to determine how far away the other players are from
the play with these photos (in this case #99), but it sure looks like
he is lolly-gagging his way down the field while that disc is still in
the air. Perhaps assuming his teammate is going to come down with it?
It sure looks like he could have run in there and made that catch, but
perhaps the perspective isn't quite what it seems.
Re: Oh the shame! Your terrible call has been caught on film! [message #1003 is a reply to message #980] Tue, 30 September 2008 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tozer.hammond
Messages: 6
Registered: September 2008
Junior Member
On Sep 30, 9:35 am, paul5...@gmail.com wrote:
> Tozer, that's pretty harsh language considering the guy is your house-
> mate.


I'm pretty sure #61 got the joke.
Re: Oh the shame! Your terrible call has been caught on film! [message #1005 is a reply to message #993] Tue, 30 September 2008 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Todd
Messages: 6
Registered: September 2008
Junior Member
> .....Still images are rarely sufficient evidence for
> determining the outcomes of plays like this.

Must be time for the UPA to enact instant replay. Then we can just
argue about the rules.



On Sep 30, 10:36 am, "Jon \"rB\" Bauman" <baum...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 29, 6:43 pm, Henry Cook <henry.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > Hey #61 on Wiretap, I just wanted to give you another chance to take
> > back that atrocious "contest" call you made after fouling me Sunday at
> > Mid-Atlantic Sectionals.
>
> > First of all, I'd like to make it clear that I'm not making this about
> > which team won or who finished in what place (for the record, Wiretap
> > beat us in the back-door final to finish 2nd - definitely not going to
> > take anything away from them for that win).
>
> > Now, without further ado, check out these pictures:
>
> > 1.  Approach -http://www.ultiphotos.com/p763831334/h1688e05e#h1688e05e
> >      I'm not sure if you could see the disc, but you're jumping too
> > early.  I'm about to jump straight up and catch the disc.
>
> > 2.  Initial contact -http://www.ultiphotos.com/p763831334/h1688e05e#h11b55d9a
> >      I'm still focusing on trying to catch the disc.  I don't know
> > what you're looking at, but it's not the disc.
>
> > 3.  Clothesline -http://www.ultiphotos.com/p763831334/h1688e05e#h11203c25
> >      Notice how the disc remains untouched.  I wasn't able to catch it
> > before you hit me and you definitely missed it on your way to
> > bulldozing me
>
> > 4.  Follow-thru -http://www.ultiphotos.com/p763831334/h1688e05e#h18094018
> >      Looks like you're landing on your feet as you continue to knock
> > me on my ass
>
> > 5.  Foul call - (not shown)
> >      I called "foul" because I believe that I could have caught that
> > frisbee if I hadn't been tackled before I even touched this disc.  I
> > mean, that's even a foul in football.
>
> > 6.  Contest - (not shown)
> >      You said "contest" because you "never touched me."  You actually
> > said that.  I remember your words because I was speechless when
> > confronted with such complete nonsense.
>
> > It wasn't an observed game, but there were two other Wiretap players
> > nearby who pretty good sight-lines on the play, I have to admit I was
> > surprised that they supported you on that call.  #19 is visible in the
> > first couple shots, I wonder what he thought of the whole play?
>
> > Anyway, I guess we'll just have to let history be the judge on this
> > one.
>
> > Mowry
> > Medicine Men #25
>
> > (Disclaimer:  The views expressed in this post belong solely to me and
> > should not be construed to be indicative of a Medicine Men team
> > policy.  I only put my team affiliation on here so you'd know who I
> > am).
>
> The sequence of photos show that there was clearly physical contact
> that was initiated by #61, but what is unclear is who contacted the
> disc and when, and whether there was potential for a play on the disc
> following the contact. Still images are rarely sufficient evidence for
> determining the outcomes of plays like this.
Re: Oh the shame! Your terrible call has been caught on film! [message #1014 is a reply to message #952] Tue, 30 September 2008 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
La Maldad
Messages: 40
Registered: September 2008
Member
On Sep 30, 12:24 am, scoop <bali_ultim...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Henry Cook:
>
> It looks very likely from the photo evidence that this is a bad
> contest. You were fouled. Congratulations.
>
> Boo fucking hoo.
>
> Why are you posting to RSD? Did this effect the outcome of a close
> game? Oh, not even. It was a blow-out that your team lost by 8 goals?
> I'd have more respect for you if you'd gotten into a fight after the
> game (the adrenalin got to you) or other less-egregious anti-social
> behavior at the time (I could at least invent some mitigating factors
> for you).
>
> But now? Sorry. Context matters when whining in a public forum. Check
> out the RSD FAQ if you don't believe me. Isn't there some weekly
> sectional whiners list-serve you could have taken this to? Wouldn't
> your girlfriend listen? Did she leave you over this (there are past
> RSD precedents; ask Frank).
>
> At any rate, this has nothing to do with Toad's wombat-like obsessions
> ("must dig hole... must dig deeper hole."). I was in a sports bar
> sunday dedicated to fantasy football, so was surrounded by 6 or more
> simultaneous NFL games. Every time i looked up i thought there was a
> piss poor, non-contestable call by the refs (don't get me started on
> pass interference).
>
> So yeah, some guy on the other team made a bad call. One. bad. call.
> Your team of course made none. And you want to be the center of
> attention over this? Maybed not such a bad idea... I guess it takes
> attention away from the fact that your O-line got schooled.
>
> Dan Murphy -- affiliated with absolutely nobody.
>
> p.s. if team leaders from Medicine Men don't come on to rein in Henry,
> who I'm hoping is a rookie, then it's safe to assume they condone your
> gratuitous whining.
>
> p.p.s. Dan is willing to be less of a dick if presented evidence that
> cheating by team A deprived the superior team B of a chance at
> winning.

I welcome call-outs and other posts like these that used to be the
meat-and-potatoes of rsd but have now been replaced by tailspinning
threads made so by the usual chodes (names known and omitted).

If not a thread like this, what the hell do you want on rsd, then?
This IS rsd. Props to Henry Cook for allowing us to weigh in
pretentiously on a play none of us actually saw. Soapboxes like these
to pontificate from are increasingly rare on rsd these days.

Foul.

Hh
Re: Oh the shame! Your terrible call has been caught on film! [message #1019 is a reply to message #912] Tue, 30 September 2008 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fish
Messages: 46
Registered: September 2008
Member
same guys... different play?:
http://www.ultiphotos.com/p763831334/h1688e05e#h14a656c9
Re: Oh the shame! Your terrible call has been caught on film! [message #1025 is a reply to message #1019] Tue, 30 September 2008 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Josh
Messages: 72
Registered: September 2008
Member
it looks pretty obvious that the defender wasn't even looking at the
frisbee to make a play. in football, DB's get flagged for playing the
reciever and not the ball, but is it the same in ultimate? is there a
ruling on that? looking at the sequence, i will have to say it sure
looks like a foul. i mean, #61 is looking away from the frisbee
straight to a clothesline tackle. how is that NOT a foul? even in
picture 2, it looks like the recievers hand is right there to catch it
before the collision. play the game the right way - hard, but
respectable. play hard and if you get scored on, tip your hat and
take 70. i dont even mind hard, physical play, but i cant stand the
idea "im gonna contest this call just to contest." hopefully thats
not how the wiretap player plays the game and lets all notice that
everything ive commented on is based off of a sequence of stills. not
the best evidence as watching the game at full speed is much different
and could very well lead me to have a different opinion. see yall at
regionals.

j no
Re: Oh the shame! Your terrible call has been caught on film! [message #1066 is a reply to message #1019] Tue, 30 September 2008 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bryan Steffen
Messages: 3
Registered: September 2008
Junior Member
Ha ha, this post is funny. To add to what Fish posted, were there
fouls called on either of these plays involving the same guys?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brandonwu/2900215223/in/set-721 57607593649103/

OR

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brandonwu/2901081442/in/set-721 57607593649103/
Re: Oh the shame! Your terrible call has been caught on film! [message #1069 is a reply to message #1066] Tue, 30 September 2008 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tim e
Messages: 10
Registered: September 2008
Junior Member
On Sep 30, 4:06 pm, Bryan Steffen <bryan.stef...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ha ha, this post is funny.  To add to what Fish posted, were there
> fouls called on either of these plays involving the same guys?
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/brandonwu/2900215223/in/set-721 576075936...
>
> OR
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/brandonwu/2901081442/in/set-721 576075936...

who is #r 11? he looks pretty fast.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/brandonwu/2900238021/in/set-721 57607593649103/
Re: Oh the shame! Your terrible call has been caught on film! [message #1078 is a reply to message #1019] Tue, 30 September 2008 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kazan
Messages: 207
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
Yeah.... I guess #25 is a wee bit of a douche-ette for whinging about
it.

But. This #61 guy - "Erik Salmi" according to score reporter - is a
super-douche for not admitting it when he hacked a guy.

And yeah, it's maybe a little lame to call explicit attention to it,
but I gotta say that I have no problem with calling someone out when
the guy knows (or ought to know, when he is confronted with proof of)
the fact that he made a really, truly, terrible and bogus call.

(Of course... congrats on getting the Med Men monkey off your back,
fellas.)
Re: Oh the shame! Your terrible call has been caught on film! [message #1087 is a reply to message #1069] Tue, 30 September 2008 17:06 Go to previous message
Vancer
Messages: 184
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
Lightning fast.
Previous Topic:Visit this sites please
Next Topic:Mid-Atlantic Mixed regionals seedings
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Feb 20 01:01:17 PST 2020
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.0RC2.
Copyright ©2001-2009 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software