Forum Search:
RSD No Spam
rec.sport.disc without the spam


Home » RSD » RSD Posts » Nationals updates
Nationals updates [message #43372] Thu, 29 October 2009 07:38 Go to next message
T H
Messages: 1142
Registered: July 2009
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Senior Member
If you're not following:
http://twitter.com/upanats and
http://twitter.com/#search?q=%23upa09

some interesting first round results in the making.

Re: Nationals updates [message #43375 is a reply to message #43372] Thu, 29 October 2009 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
H
Messages: 249
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
On Oct 29, 8:38 am, Torre <torre.harg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you're not following:http://twitter.com/upanatsandhttp://twitter.com/#s earch?q=%23upa09
>
> some interesting first round results in the making.
>
> --
> Posted fromhttp://www.rsdnospam.com

ozone up on riot
tau coming back on d'oh
CLX Jukebox tight
Quiet way up on OTP

wow
Re: Nationals updates [message #43376 is a reply to message #43375] Thu, 29 October 2009 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
H
Messages: 249
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
On Oct 29, 9:03 am, H <ahalv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 29, 8:38 am, Torre <torre.harg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > If you're not following:http://twitter.com/upanatsandhttp://twitter.com/#s earch?q=%23upa09
>
> > some interesting first round results in the making.
>
> > --
> > Posted fromhttp://www.rsdnospam.com
>
> ozone up on riot
> tau coming back on d'oh
> CLX Jukebox tight
> Quiet way up on OTP
>
> wow

bucket way up on amp

what a first round!
Re: Nationals updates [message #43378 is a reply to message #43376] Thu, 29 October 2009 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Douglas T Lilley
Messages: 674
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
On Oct 29, 11:05 am, H <ahalv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 29, 9:03 am, H <ahalv...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Oct 29, 8:38 am, Torre <torre.harg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > If you're not following:http://twitter.com/upanatsandhttp://twitter.com/#s earch?q=%23upa09
>
> > > some interesting first round results in the making.
>
> > > --
> > > Posted fromhttp://www.rsdnospam.com
>
> > ozone up on riot
> > tau coming back on d'oh
> > CLX Jukebox tight
> > Quiet way up on OTP
>
> > wow
>
> bucket way up on amp
>
> what a first round!

Wow, please keep it coming you guys, the only thing I have time for is
to duck into rsd (or rsdnospam!) a few times today. Much appreciated!
Re: Nationals updates [message #43391 is a reply to message #43378] Thu, 29 October 2009 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jake
Messages: 7
Registered: November 2008
Junior Member
> > > > some interesting first round results in the making.

> > what a first round!

Uh, not really.

No upsets in Open or Women's.

1 Upset in Mixed. And one that sounds like it is anybody's game to
lose: bilthesinger #upa09 at 14s, amp drops pull. Bucket can't score.
Doesn't pick up the deep and amp scores easy.

HUGE upsets in masters. Mileage (B1) goes down to Real Huck (B6). In
overtime. Now that is an exciting game that was not mentioned in the
prior hype.

DOG and Glum are also tied, according to SR. But that is the 3v4 game,
so can't be called a LARGE upset if the 4 wins.
Re: Nationals updates [message #43410 is a reply to message #43372] Thu, 29 October 2009 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dylan
Messages: 51
Registered: October 2008
Member
Streetgang (14) up on Ironside (3) 8-5 at half.
Re: Nationals updates [message #43414 is a reply to message #43410] Thu, 29 October 2009 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rchard
Messages: 35
Registered: October 2008
Member
why does the damn upa website keep crashing Mad
Re: Nationals updates [message #43417 is a reply to message #43414] Thu, 29 October 2009 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dylan
Messages: 51
Registered: October 2008
Member
And Streetgang finished it off 15-12 over Ironside.
Re: Nationals updates [message #43418 is a reply to message #43391] Thu, 29 October 2009 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
H
Messages: 249
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
On Oct 29, 9:53 am, jake <jalte...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > > > some interesting first round results in the making.
> > > what a first round!
>
> Uh, not really.
>
> No upsets in Open or Women's.
>
> 1 Upset in Mixed. And one that sounds like it is anybody's game to
> lose: bilthesinger #upa09 at 14s, amp drops pull. Bucket can't score.
> Doesn't pick up the deep and amp scores easy.
>
> HUGE upsets in masters. Mileage (B1) goes down to Real Huck (B6). In
> overtime. Now that is an exciting game that was not mentioned in the
> prior hype.
>
> DOG and Glum are also tied, according to SR. But that is the 3v4 game,
> so can't be called a LARGE upset if the 4 wins.

You want huge upset? Streetgang over Ironside.
Re: Nationals updates [message #43419 is a reply to message #43372] Thu, 29 October 2009 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
homrbush
Messages: 429
Registered: October 2008
Senior Member
Wow! Ironside could miss power pools?!
Re: Nationals updates [message #43420 is a reply to message #43418] Thu, 29 October 2009 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
btownsoulside
Messages: 62
Registered: June 2009
Location: Boston
Member

On Oct 29, 2:12 pm, H <ahalv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 29, 9:53 am, jake <jalte...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > > > > > some interesting first round results in the making.
> > > > what a first round!
>
> > Uh, not really.
>
> > No upsets in Open or Women's.
>
> > 1 Upset in Mixed. And one that sounds like it is anybody's game to
> > lose: bilthesinger #upa09 at 14s, amp drops pull. Bucket can't score.
> > Doesn't pick up the deep and amp scores easy.
>
> > HUGE upsets in masters. Mileage (B1) goes down to Real Huck (B6). In
> > overtime. Now that is an exciting game that was not mentioned in the
> > prior hype.
>
> > DOG and Glum are also tied, according to SR. But that is the 3v4 game,
> > so can't be called a LARGE upset if the 4 wins.
>
> You want huge upset?  Streetgang over Ironside.

anybody see this game? what the hell happened?


Brian Beaulieu | Boston College #8 | 7th Wheel #17
Re: Nationals updates [message #43421 is a reply to message #43418] Thu, 29 October 2009 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dub dub
Messages: 28
Registered: October 2008
Junior Member
> You want huge upset?  Streetgang over Ironside.

SG over Ironside 15-12
Pool C seems wide open for
Re: Nationals updates [message #43422 is a reply to message #43418] Thu, 29 October 2009 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davebk
Messages: 15
Registered: November 2008
Junior Member
On Oct 29, 2:12 pm, H <ahalv...@gmail.com> wrote:

>
> You want huge upset?  Streetgang over Ironside.

Interestingly, because of Ironside's huge margin of victory over
Bodhi, if Streetgang doesn't beat Bodhi here they'll go down to the
lower pools 0-1 (with Bodhi). If they do win, Ironside and Bodhi go
down. Funny to think that if this round goes to seed, the Streetgang
win becomes completely irrelevant.
Re: Nationals updates [message #43426 is a reply to message #43422] Thu, 29 October 2009 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skip
Messages: 10
Registered: October 2008
Junior Member
Anyone else think the score reporting/updating is worse than ever this
year? Seriously - I have to go through a bunch of tweets to see the
scores? Or instead go to links like this, where I can't even scroll
over to see half the teams?

http://club2009.upa.org/scores/mixed.html

What are we paying the UPA for again?
Re: Nationals updates [message #43427 is a reply to message #43426] Thu, 29 October 2009 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davebk
Messages: 15
Registered: November 2008
Junior Member
On Oct 29, 2:34 pm, 33 <dsted...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone else think the score reporting/updating is worse than ever this
> year? Seriously - I have to go through a bunch of tweets to see the
> scores? Or instead go to links like this, where I can't even scroll
> over to see half the teams?
>
> http://club2009.upa.org/scores/mixed.html
>
> What are we paying the UPA for again?

Full views:

Open: http://upa.org/scores/tourn.cgi?div=124&id=6972
Women: http://upa.org/scores/tourn.cgi?div=124&id=6121
Mixed: http://upa.org/scores/tourn.cgi?div=124&id=6122
Masters: http://upa.org/scores/tourn.cgi?div=124&id=6119
Re: Nationals updates [message #43428 is a reply to message #43422] Thu, 29 October 2009 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pizzaslot
Messages: 134
Registered: November 2008
Senior Member
On Oct 29, 1:24 pm, David Boylan-Kolchin <dav...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 29, 2:12 pm, H <ahalv...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > You want huge upset?  Streetgang over Ironside.
>
> Interestingly, because of Ironside's huge margin of victory over
> Bodhi, if Streetgang doesn't beat Bodhi here they'll go down to the
> lower pools 0-1 (with Bodhi). If they do win, Ironside and Bodhi go
> down.  Funny to think that if this round goes to seed, the Streetgang
> win becomes completely irrelevant.

Actually, if Streetgang wins, Ironside can still go to the power pool
with a win of 4 or more over DW, right?
Re: Nationals updates [message #43429 is a reply to message #43426] Thu, 29 October 2009 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
homrbush
Messages: 429
Registered: October 2008
Senior Member
Could be worse; could be the Canadian UPA, where you get scores updated in the middle of the night, and you cross your fingers that they are at least accurate about who won...
Re: Nationals updates [message #43430 is a reply to message #43428] Thu, 29 October 2009 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
homrbush
Messages: 429
Registered: October 2008
Senior Member
pizzaslot wrote on Thu, 29 October 2009 14:39
On Oct 29, 1:24 pm, David Boylan-Kolchin <dav...@gmail.com[/email]> wrote:
> On Oct 29, 2:12 pm, H <ahalv...@gmail.com[/email]> wrote:
>
>
>
> > You want huge upset?  Streetgang over Ironside.
>
> Interestingly, because of Ironside's huge margin of victory over
> Bodhi, if Streetgang doesn't beat Bodhi here they'll go down to the
> lower pools 0-1 (with Bodhi). If they do win, Ironside and Bodhi go
> down.  Funny to think that if this round goes to seed, the Streetgang
> win becomes completely irrelevant.

Actually, if Streetgang wins, Ironside can still go to the power pool
with a win of 4 or more over DW, right?


Correct
Re: Nationals updates [message #43432 is a reply to message #43426] Thu, 29 October 2009 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rodney Jacobson
Messages: 57
Registered: October 2008
Member
I'm also testing live score updates with no need to refresh here:
https://scorereport.net/rats/#tournament/6122
Re: Nationals updates [message #43435 is a reply to message #43428] Thu, 29 October 2009 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davebk
Messages: 15
Registered: November 2008
Junior Member
On Oct 29, 2:39 pm, pizzaslot <pizzasl...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Oct 29, 1:24 pm, David Boylan-Kolchin <dav...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Oct 29, 2:12 pm, H <ahalv...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > You want huge upset?  Streetgang over Ironside.
>
> > Interestingly, because of Ironside's huge margin of victory over
> > Bodhi, if Streetgang doesn't beat Bodhi here they'll go down to the
> > lower pools 0-1 (with Bodhi). If they do win, Ironside and Bodhi go
> > down.  Funny to think that if this round goes to seed, the Streetgang
> > win becomes completely irrelevant.
>
> Actually, if Streetgang wins, Ironside can still go to the power pool
> with a win of 4 or more over DW, right?

Ahh, of course. Actually, if Streetgang wins and Ironside wins by 3,
all three (those 2 plus Doublewide) will be 2-1 with identical point
differentials! I'm not sure, but I think the tiebreaker is point
differential vs. common opponents (Bodhi here). This strange scenario
could actually result in Streetgang and Ironside moving up and
Doublewide moving down!!
Re: Nationals updates [message #43441 is a reply to message #43435] Thu, 29 October 2009 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skip
Messages: 10
Registered: October 2008
Junior Member
RIP http://club2009.upa.org/live. LOL.
Re: Nationals updates [message #43442 is a reply to message #43441] Thu, 29 October 2009 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dylan
Messages: 51
Registered: October 2008
Member
Nice view of some bleachers now. Full of lolz so far.
Re: Nationals updates [message #43444 is a reply to message #43442] Thu, 29 October 2009 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dylan
Messages: 51
Registered: October 2008
Member
Stream up now but I would recommend it on mute as commentary is not worth it for anyone that knows ultimate.
Re: Nationals updates [message #43446 is a reply to message #43441] Thu, 29 October 2009 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skip
Messages: 10
Registered: October 2008
Junior Member
On Oct 29, 2:46 pm, 33 <dsted...@gmail.com> wrote:
> RIPhttp://club2009.upa.org/live. LOL.

It's on! http://club2009.upa.org/live
Re: Nationals updates [message #43448 is a reply to message #43446] Thu, 29 October 2009 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dylan
Messages: 51
Registered: October 2008
Member
Bodhi takes it over Streetgang 15-13 so the upset matters to seeding.
Re: Nationals updates [message #43450 is a reply to message #43448] Thu, 29 October 2009 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dylan
Messages: 51
Registered: October 2008
Member
* does not matter
Re: Nationals updates [message #43451 is a reply to message #43450] Thu, 29 October 2009 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
homrbush
Messages: 429
Registered: October 2008
Senior Member
Very few of these recent posts (Dylan's, mine) are making it to RSD.
Re: Nationals updates [message #43453 is a reply to message #43446] Thu, 29 October 2009 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
random access
Messages: 5
Registered: October 2009
Junior Member
Come one...someone give us the Mixed update we REALLY want to hear!!

Have all of Jokebox Zero's opponents made them play with observers?

Does this explain their 0-3, break seed in the negative direction
Thursday?
Re: Nationals updates [message #43456 is a reply to message #43453] Thu, 29 October 2009 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CBrowning
Messages: 190
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
On Oct 29, 4:24 pm, random access <randomacces...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Come one...someone give us the Mixed update we REALLY want to hear!!
>
> Have all of Jokebox Zero's opponents made them play with observers?
>
> Does this explain their 0-3, break seed in the negative direction
> Thursday?

You try and play a game of ultimate while carrying around hefty load
of a guilty conscience. It's not easy.
Re: Nationals updates [message #43458 is a reply to message #43453] Thu, 29 October 2009 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Douglas T Lilley
Messages: 674
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
> Come one...someone give us the Mixed update we REALLY want to hear!!
>
> Have all of Jokebox Zero's opponents made them play with observers?
>
> Does this explain their 0-3, break seed in the negative direction
> Thursday?

I just hope the spectators at all the games (including Juke Box) are
"reminding" the observers that cheating is against rules. It's
important not to forget that.
Re: Nationals updates [message #43460 is a reply to message #43451] Thu, 29 October 2009 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
T H
Messages: 1142
Registered: July 2009
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Senior Member
homrbush wrote on Thu, 29 October 2009 17:05
Very few of these recent posts (Dylan's, mine) are making it to RSD.

there is a delay for posts to get approved. this keeps the spam out. but the approval is by hand- so if a moderator isn't online...it could be a while.

hopefully as the site grows, more people will be around to help with this.
Re: Nationals updates [message #43475 is a reply to message #43460] Thu, 29 October 2009 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
homrbush
Messages: 429
Registered: October 2008
Senior Member
I understand that, but I'm talking about the other way around. They are showing up here on rsdnospam, but not on the regular rsd.
Re: Nationals updates [message #43500 is a reply to message #43460] Fri, 30 October 2009 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jared Smith
Messages: 129
Registered: October 2008
Senior Member
On Oct 29, 6:15 pm, Torre <torre.harg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> homrbush wrote on Thu, 29 October 2009 17:05
>
> > Very few of these recent posts (Dylan's, mine) are
> > making it to RSD.
>
> there is a delay for posts to get approved. this keeps the
> spam out. but the approval is by hand- so if a moderator
> isn't online...it could be a while.
>
> hopefully as the site grows, more people will be around to
> help with this.
> --
> Posted fromhttp://www.rsdnospam.com

Wow! Quiet over MTF!! Quiet is going crazy with the upsets!
Re: Nationals updates [message #43501 is a reply to message #43500] Fri, 30 October 2009 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
terp.casey
Messages: 4
Registered: November 2008
Junior Member
On Oct 30, 4:28 pm, Jared Smith <sirjaredsm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 29, 6:15 pm, Torre <torre.harg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > homrbush wrote on Thu, 29 October 2009 17:05
>
> > > Very few of these recent posts (Dylan's, mine) are
> > > making it to RSD.
>
> > there is a delay for posts to get approved. this keeps the
> > spam out. but the approval is by hand- so if a moderator
> > isn't online...it could be a while.
>
> > hopefully as the site grows, more people will be around to
> > help with this.
> > --
> > Posted fromhttp://www.rsdnospam.com
>
> Wow! Quiet over MTF!! Quiet is going crazy with the upsets!

Hell yeah! Quiet is a force to reckon with this year!
Re: Nationals updates [message #43505 is a reply to message #43501] Fri, 30 October 2009 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fuse
Messages: 9
Registered: May 2009
Junior Member
On Oct 30, 11:32 am, "terp.ca...@gmail.com" <terp.ca...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Oct 30, 4:28 pm, Jared Smith <sirjaredsm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > On Oct 29, 6:15 pm, Torre <torre.harg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > homrbush wrote on Thu, 29 October 2009 17:05
>
> > > > Very few of these recent posts (Dylan's, mine) are
> > > > making it to RSD.
>
> > > there is a delay for posts to get approved. this keeps the
> > > spam out. but the approval is by hand- so if a moderator
> > > isn't online...it could be a while.
>
> > > hopefully as the site grows, more people will be around to
> > > help with this.
> > > --
> > > Posted fromhttp://www.rsdnospam.com
>
> > Wow! Quiet over MTF!! Quiet is going crazy with the upsets!
>
> Hell yeah! Quiet is a force to reckon with this year!

Did GOAT - Streetgang get capped?
Re: Nationals updates [message #43507 is a reply to message #43505] Fri, 30 October 2009 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davebk
Messages: 15
Registered: November 2008
Junior Member
On Oct 30, 11:57 am, Fuse <joshuasmand...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Did GOAT - Streetgang get capped?

Seems so. And unfortunately for Streetgang, despite beating Ironside
and GOAT, they can't make the prequarters even with a win over Pike.
Their 2 point loss to Bodhi and 1 point win over GOAT means even if
Bodhi loses to GOAT to result in a three-way tie, Streetgang would
have a -1 point diff, meaning they can't finish first in pool G.

Pool G scenarios:
Bodhi wins --- Bodhi goes to prequarters
Bodhi loses by 1 and Streetgang beats Pike -- Bodhi goes to
prequarters
GOAT wins by 1 and Streetgang loses to Pike -- GOAT goes to
prequarters
GOAT wins by 2 --- GOAT goes to prequarters
Re: Nationals updates [message #43509 is a reply to message #43507] Fri, 30 October 2009 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davebk
Messages: 15
Registered: November 2008
Junior Member
>
> Pool G scenarios:
> Bodhi wins --- Bodhi goes to prequarters
> Bodhi loses by 1 and Streetgang beats Pike -- Bodhi goes to
> prequarters
> GOAT wins by 1 and Streetgang loses to Pike -- GOAT goes to
> prequarters
> GOAT wins by 2 --- GOAT goes to prequarters

Pool H scenarios:
Jam wins --- Jam goes to prequarters
Madison wins and Machine wins --- Madison goes to prequarters
Madison wins by 2 or less and Madcow wins --- Jam goes to prequarters
Madison wins by 3 or more and Madcow wins --- Madison goes to
prequarters
Re: Nationals updates [message #43513 is a reply to message #43372] Fri, 30 October 2009 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joe Seidler
Messages: 482
Registered: September 2008
Location: San Francisco
Senior Member
On Oct 29, 7:38 am, Torre <torre.harg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you're not following:http://twitter.com/upanatsandhttp://twitter.com/#s earch?q=%23upa09
>
> some interesting first round results in the making.
>
> --
> Posted fromhttp://www.rsdnospam.com

It looks like there is a good possibility DoG will play Beyondors in
the Masters quarters. For those not following Masters, that's a
rematch of DoG vs Condors in 2000... probably with the same outcome.
Re: Nationals updates [message #43519 is a reply to message #43513] Fri, 30 October 2009 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jed
Messages: 175
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
Capitals over RIOT - 16-14. Nicely done ladies!
Re: Nationals updates [message #43523 is a reply to message #43509] Fri, 30 October 2009 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Joe Seidler
Messages: 482
Registered: September 2008
Location: San Francisco
Senior Member
On Oct 30, 9:24 am, David Boylan-Kolchin <dav...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Pool G scenarios:
> > Bodhi wins --- Bodhi goes to prequarters
> > Bodhi loses by 1 and Streetgang beats Pike -- Bodhi goes to
> > prequarters
> > GOAT wins by 1 and Streetgang loses to Pike -- GOAT goes to
> > prequarters
> > GOAT wins by 2 --- GOAT goes to prequarters
>
> Pool H scenarios:
> Jam wins --- Jam goes to prequarters
> Madison wins and Machine wins --- Madison goes to prequarters
> Madison wins by 2 or less and Madcow wins --- Jam goes to prequarters
> Madison wins by 3 or more and Madcow wins --- Madison goes to
> prequarters

It looks like DoG will play Beyondors in the Masters quarters today.
For those not following Masters, that's a rematch of DoG vs Condors
from 2000... probably with the same outcome. [note: Rosters are of
course not identical to those in 2000, but it makes for good theater.]
Previous Topic:nationals quarters predictions?
Next Topic:ultimate, live it...(comedy)
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Nov 20 17:48:47 PST 2019
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.0RC2.
Copyright ©2001-2009 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software