Forum Search:
RSD No Spam
rec.sport.disc without the spam


Home » RSD » RSD Posts » College Nationals 2010 in Madison!
College Nationals 2010 in Madison! [message #43030] Mon, 26 October 2009 16:40 Go to next message
BladingSawBladeWithBl
Messages: 66
Registered: September 2008
Member
Get Ready, Madison!

We are the hosts of 2010 UPA College National Championships. Thanks to
the efforts of Kate Arnold, the greatest stage for our sport's college
series will happen here in Madison, WI. Kate is the Tournament
Director, so next time you see her on the field, thank her and offer
to help. The Finals will be at Breese Stevens Field on early blocks of
East Washington. It's going to be amazing.

Outstanding questions:
How many people can we pack those stands with?
Where's the tournament party going to happen?
Who's going to host the most out-of-town Ultimate fans?
Will Bella Donna win it all?
Will the Hodags make semis?
Will Robin Davies be able to resist coming out of retirement?
Who's gonna do the halftime show?
Will Palotti able to compete with hecklers at the national scale?

So, if you've ever wondered how you might convince your neighbor,
colleague, or boss that Ultimate is awesome, mark your (and their)
calendar(s): May 28-31, 2010. It's on.

News Release:
http://upa.org/media/2010collegechampio ... ostrelease
Re: College Nationals 2010 in Madison! [message #43080 is a reply to message #43030] Mon, 26 October 2009 17:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
H
Messages: 249
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
On Oct 26, 5:40 pm, BladingSawBladeWithBladesComingOutOfItAndStuff
<chrislimb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Get Ready, Madison!
>
> We are the hosts of 2010 UPA College National Championships. Thanks to
> the efforts of Kate Arnold, the greatest stage for our sport's college
> series will happen here in Madison, WI. Kate is the Tournament
> Director, so next time you see her on the field, thank her and offer
> to help. The Finals will be at Breese Stevens Field on early blocks of
> East Washington. It's going to be amazing.
>
> Outstanding questions:
> How many people can we pack those stands with?
> Where's the tournament party going to happen?
> Who's going to host the most out-of-town Ultimate fans?
> Will Bella Donna win it all?
> Will the Hodags make semis?
> Will Robin Davies be able to resist coming out of retirement?
> Who's gonna do the halftime show?
> Will Palotti able to compete with hecklers at the national scale?
>
> So, if you've ever wondered how you might convince your neighbor,
> colleague, or boss that Ultimate is awesome, mark your (and their)
> calendar(s): May 28-31, 2010. It's on.
>
> News Release:http://upa.org/media/2010collegechampio... ostrelease

bump
Re: College Nationals 2010 in Madison! [message #43081 is a reply to message #43080] Mon, 26 October 2009 17:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BladingSawBladeWithBl
Messages: 66
Registered: September 2008
Member
full url: http://upa.org/media/2010collegechampionships_hostrelease
Re: College Nationals 2010 in Madison! [message #43095 is a reply to message #43030] Mon, 26 October 2009 18:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agerics20
Messages: 8115
Registered: October 2008
Senior Member
> Get Ready, Madison!
>
> We are the hosts of 2010 UPA College National Championships.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`


---OH YES!!!
Nationals RETURNS to Madison for the first time since 1991!
i LOVED Madison!
Student Union on the lake....
Cool buildings...
Fun main street with all sorts of kookie shops....
Bike lanes...
Buritos as big as your head!!!

oh hell....i'm gonna start getting in shape right
NOW!!!!............to observe!

College teams......if there's a year to make Nationals....THIS IS IT!

if it's the same field site....it's awesome!
huge bunch of fields.....in 91, finals were on the outfield of a
baseball stadium, i believe.

.......Madison was just as fun 2 years later when Club Worlds were
there!(two teams from Wilmington NC participated!)
Re: College Nationals 2010 in Madison! [message #43096 is a reply to message #43081] Mon, 26 October 2009 18:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matt.davidman
Messages: 24
Registered: January 2009
Junior Member
On Oct 26, 7:40 pm, BladingSawBladeWithBladesComingOutOfItAndStuff
<chrislimb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> full url:  http://upa.org/media/2010collegechampionships_hostrelease

bump
Re: College Nationals 2010 in Madison! [message #43109 is a reply to message #43095] Mon, 26 October 2009 18:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pete
Messages: 166
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
On Oct 26, 8:26 pm, Reggie Fanelli <ageric...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Get Ready, Madison!
>
> > We are the hosts of 2010 UPA College National Championships.
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
>
> ---OH YES!!!
> Nationals RETURNS to Madison for the first time since 1991!
> i LOVED Madison!
> Student Union on the lake....
> Cool buildings...
> Fun main street with all sorts of kookie shops....
> Bike lanes...
> Buritos as big as your head!!!
>
> oh hell....i'm gonna start getting in shape right
> NOW!!!!............to observe!
>
> College teams......if there's a year to make Nationals....THIS IS IT!
>
> if it's the same field site....it's awesome!
> huge bunch of fields.....in 91, finals were on the outfield of a
> baseball stadium, i believe.
>
> ......Madison was just as fun 2 years later when Club Worlds were
> there!(two teams from Wilmington NC participated!)

Finals is going to be at Breese Stevens Field, a wonderful old stadium
currently used for high school and college sports. It's an excellent
place to watch a sporting event, and is located just a few blocks from
the State Capitol at the very heart of the city. It'll provide a great
backdrop to the event.
Re: College Nationals 2010 in Madison! [message #43110 is a reply to message #43109] Mon, 26 October 2009 18:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agerics20
Messages: 8115
Registered: October 2008
Senior Member
> the State Capitol at the very heart of the city. It'll provide a great
> backdrop to the event

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

---i have that Capitol building on video from back in 93
worlds.....and some folks in a canoe....and my teammate, Matt Mann
shouting to them.....HELLO WISONSIN PEOPLE!!!!
Re: College Nationals 2010 in Madison! [message #43247 is a reply to message #43110] Tue, 27 October 2009 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dave Wiseman
Messages: 13
Registered: March 2009
Junior Member
On Oct 26, 8:56 pm, Reggie Fanelli <ageric...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> ---i have that Capitol building on video from back in 93
> worlds.....and some folks in a canoe....and my teammate, Matt Mann
> shouting to them.....HELLO WISONSIN PEOPLE!!!!

I know I'll be canoeing to the games. Carrying the cooler from the
canoe counts as a warmup, right?
Re: College Nationals 2010 in Madison! [message #43253 is a reply to message #43247] Tue, 27 October 2009 19:20 Go to previous message
agerics20
Messages: 8115
Registered: October 2008
Senior Member
> I know I'll be canoeing to the games. Carrying the cooler from the
> canoe counts as a warmup, right?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


--Worlds in 93.....during the big floods that summer...
the lakes bordering the fields....were.....waaayyyyy up over the
fields.
some fields were out of play due to flooding.
some pulls landed out there....where you'd need a canoe to reach.....

or if it was the other team's disc...if they wouldn't swim out to get
it......we would...and kept them.
i think i have discs from Australia's Dingo a go go from out in that
lake....and some others...
Previous Topic:Midwest Warmup:: Field Finalized
Next Topic:Santa Clara Classic, Bay Area Tournament Nov. 7-8th
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Nov 22 18:05:32 PST 2019
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.0RC2.
Copyright ©2001-2009 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software