Forum Search:
RSD No Spam
rec.sport.disc without the spam


Home » RSD » RSD Posts » -=UT=- UPA MASTERS DIVISI
-=UT=- UPA MASTERS DIVISI [message #41009] Tue, 13 October 2009 11:06 Go to next message
seppo
Messages: 31
Registered: September 2008
Member
To view this post in it's entirety, please visit the following link:

http://www.ultitalk.com/index.php?topic=1056.0

To reply to this post, register for your FREE UltiTalk.Com account using the following link:

http://www.ultitalk.com/index.php?action=register

-======================-

UPA MASTERS DIVISION

------------------------------

Who's going to win the 2009 UPA Masters Division?

Surly
Real Huck
O.L.D. S.A.G.
Boneyard
Glum
DoG
Troubled Past
Throwback
Mileage
Ball and Chain
Beyondors
Double Black

Place your vote and speak yo mind!


-======================-

UltiTalk.Com
The Place To Talk Ultimate.
http://www.ultitalk.com
Re: -=UT=- UPA MASTERS DIVISI [message #41113 is a reply to message #41009] Wed, 14 October 2009 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bourdox
Messages: 1
Registered: October 2009
Junior Member
My vote's for GLUM. They haven't lost to a Masters team yet this
season.
Re: -=UT=- UPA MASTERS DIVISI [message #41114 is a reply to message #41113] Wed, 14 October 2009 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
homrbush
Messages: 429
Registered: October 2008
Senior Member
Hey, we scored 6 on them. Twice! :)

They are REALLY good; took full advantage of GOAT/Phoenix retirements.

Jeff
Fossil #18

Bourdox wrote:
> My vote's for GLUM. They haven't lost to a Masters team yet this
> season.
Re: -=UT=- UPA MASTERS DIVISI [message #41115 is a reply to message #41114] Wed, 14 October 2009 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joe Seidler
Messages: 482
Registered: September 2008
Location: San Francisco
Senior Member
On Oct 14, 8:09 am, homrbush <homrb...@homerbush.net> wrote:
> Hey, we scored 6 on them.  Twice! :)
>
> They are REALLY good; took full advantage of GOAT/Phoenix retirements.
>
> Jeff
> Fossil #18
>
>
>
> Bourdox wrote:
> > My vote's for GLUM.  They haven't lost to a Masters team yet this
> > season.

Beyondors... without a doubt.
Re: -=UT=- UPA MASTERS DIVISI [message #41116 is a reply to message #41113] Wed, 14 October 2009 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keith.Larsen.TX
Messages: 41
Registered: September 2008
Member
On Oct 14, 9:39 am, Bourdox <bour...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My vote's for GLUM.  They haven't lost to a Masters team yet this
> season.

My vote is for Mileage, they have only lost 6 Masters games in 3
years, 3 to Surly, 1 to Troubled Past, 1 to DoG, and 1 to Boneyard in
'07 when their seeding into quarters didn't matter.

They are 1-3 against Surly in the last 3 years, this is the year they
will beat them when it matters.

GLUM lost 6 games alone at Nationals last year. They do look better
this year, but a 2nd place finish in pool play will have them losing
to Surly in semis this year.

My take on seeding:
1. Surly [7-0 defending champs]
2. Mileage [7-0 defending runner-ups]
3. Troubled Past [7-0, 3rd in '07 and '08]
4. GLUM [15-0, won in Canada, big wins over DoG]
5. Beyonders [6-0, could be the suprise of the tournament]
6. DoG [11-2, low seeding could make them dangerous]
7. OLDSAG [6-0, 5th in '05, 6th in '07, 5th in '08, so I'm guessing
another finish in the middle of the pack]
8. Throwback [6-2, won in '06, failed to qualify in '07, a win over
Mileage in pool play last year shows they are still a very real
threat]
9. Double Black [5-2, 2 wins over Old Style and a 1 point win over
OLDSAG last year leave a lot of room for improvement]
10. Ball & Chain [6-2, haven't been to Nationals since 2006, didn't
play Mileage close, might be able to make quarters]
11. Boneyard [4-3, revenged last years loss to Chesapeaked to make
Nationals...]
12. Real Huck [9-2, loss to Old Style, last years 12th place finisher]

This makes Pools.
A: Surly, Troubled Past, DoG, OLDSAG, Ball&Chain, Real Huck
B: Mileage, GLUM, Beyonders, Throwback, Double Black, Boneyard

Prediction: Surly vs GLUM and Mileage vs DoG in Semis, Surly vs
Mileage rematch in finals with Mileage finally getting the better of
them.

-Keith
Re: -=UT=- UPA MASTERS DIVISI [message #41129 is a reply to message #41116] Wed, 14 October 2009 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Parinella
Messages: 126
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
On Oct 14, 11:32 am, Keith Larsen <keith.larsen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 14, 9:39 am, Bourdox <bour...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > My vote's for GLUM.  They haven't lost to a Masters team yet this
> > season.
>
> My vote is for Mileage, they have only lost 6 Masters games in 3
> years, 3 to Surly, 1 to Troubled Past, 1 to DoG, and 1 to Boneyard in
> '07 when their seeding into quarters didn't matter.
>
> They are 1-3 against Surly in the last 3 years, this is the year they
> will beat them when it matters.
>
> GLUM lost 6 games alone at Nationals last year. They do look better
> this year, but a 2nd place finish in pool play will have them losing
> to Surly in semis this year.
>
> My take on seeding:
> 1. Surly [7-0 defending champs]
> 2. Mileage [7-0 defending runner-ups]
> 3. Troubled Past [7-0, 3rd in '07 and '08]
> 4. GLUM [15-0, won in Canada, big wins over DoG]
> 5. Beyonders [6-0, could be the suprise of the tournament]
> 6. DoG [11-2, low seeding could make them dangerous]
> 7. OLDSAG [6-0, 5th in '05, 6th in '07, 5th in '08, so I'm guessing
> another finish in the middle of the pack]
> 8. Throwback [6-2, won in '06, failed to qualify in '07, a win over
> Mileage in pool play last year shows they are still a very real
> threat]
> 9. Double Black [5-2, 2 wins over Old Style and a 1 point win over
> OLDSAG last year leave a lot of room for improvement]
> 10. Ball & Chain [6-2, haven't been to Nationals since 2006, didn't
> play Mileage close, might be able to make quarters]
> 11. Boneyard [4-3, revenged last years loss to Chesapeaked to make
> Nationals...]
> 12. Real Huck [9-2, loss to Old Style, last years 12th place finisher]
>
> This makes Pools.
> A: Surly, Troubled Past, DoG, OLDSAG, Ball&Chain, Real Huck
> B: Mileage, GLUM, Beyonders, Throwback, Double Black, Boneyard
>
> Prediction: Surly vs GLUM and Mileage vs DoG in Semis, Surly vs
> Mileage rematch in finals with Mileage finally getting the better of
> them.
>
> -Keith

With only two pools and two teams per region (I'm assuming that 1 and
2 from each region will once again be placed in opposite pools),
seeding doesn't matter too much, unless they completely screw up and
create a pool of death. All the regional champs should be decent
teams.

The Beyondors could screw up the seeding. Looking at their roster,
I'd make them the favorite (though "without a doubt" is clear
partisanship), but you never know how good a player will be in Masters
judging him on Open play which may have been several years, a knee,
and 30 pounds ago. And they have only SW Regionals under their belts
and nothing from last year, so it's hard to rank them. DoG was in a
similar situation in 2007 and was seeded 3rd, though we did play
several tournaments in Open.
Re: -=UT=- UPA MASTERS DIVISI [message #41143 is a reply to message #41129] Wed, 14 October 2009 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joe Seidler
Messages: 482
Registered: September 2008
Location: San Francisco
Senior Member
On Oct 14, 10:24 am, Parinella <parin...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Oct 14, 11:32 am, Keith Larsen <keith.larsen...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > On Oct 14, 9:39 am, Bourdox <bour...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > My vote's for GLUM.  They haven't lost to a Masters team yet this
> > > season.
>
> > My vote is for Mileage, they have only lost 6 Masters games in 3
> > years, 3 to Surly, 1 to Troubled Past, 1 to DoG, and 1 to Boneyard in
> > '07 when their seeding into quarters didn't matter.
>
> > They are 1-3 against Surly in the last 3 years, this is the year they
> > will beat them when it matters.
>
> > GLUM lost 6 games alone at Nationals last year. They do look better
> > this year, but a 2nd place finish in pool play will have them losing
> > to Surly in semis this year.
>
> > My take on seeding:
> > 1. Surly [7-0 defending champs]
> > 2. Mileage [7-0 defending runner-ups]
> > 3. Troubled Past [7-0, 3rd in '07 and '08]
> > 4. GLUM [15-0, won in Canada, big wins over DoG]
> > 5. Beyonders [6-0, could be the suprise of the tournament]
> > 6. DoG [11-2, low seeding could make them dangerous]
> > 7. OLDSAG [6-0, 5th in '05, 6th in '07, 5th in '08, so I'm guessing
> > another finish in the middle of the pack]
> > 8. Throwback [6-2, won in '06, failed to qualify in '07, a win over
> > Mileage in pool play last year shows they are still a very real
> > threat]
> > 9. Double Black [5-2, 2 wins over Old Style and a 1 point win over
> > OLDSAG last year leave a lot of room for improvement]
> > 10. Ball & Chain [6-2, haven't been to Nationals since 2006, didn't
> > play Mileage close, might be able to make quarters]
> > 11. Boneyard [4-3, revenged last years loss to Chesapeaked to make
> > Nationals...]
> > 12. Real Huck [9-2, loss to Old Style, last years 12th place finisher]
>
> > This makes Pools.
> > A: Surly, Troubled Past, DoG, OLDSAG, Ball&Chain, Real Huck
> > B: Mileage, GLUM, Beyonders, Throwback, Double Black, Boneyard
>
> > Prediction: Surly vs GLUM and Mileage vs DoG in Semis, Surly vs
> > Mileage rematch in finals with Mileage finally getting the better of
> > them.
>
> > -Keith
>
> With only two pools and two teams per region (I'm assuming that 1 and
> 2 from each region will once again be placed in opposite pools),
> seeding doesn't matter too much, unless they completely screw up and
> create a pool of death.  All the regional champs should be decent
> teams.
>
> The Beyondors could screw up the seeding.  Looking at their roster,
> I'd make them the favorite (though "without a doubt" is clear
> partisanship), but you never know how good a player will be in Masters
> judging him on Open play which may have been several years, a knee,
> and 30 pounds ago.  And they have only SW Regionals under their belts
> and nothing from last year, so it's hard to rank them.  DoG was in a
> similar situation in 2007 and was seeded 3rd, though we did play
> several tournaments in Open.

Hey, everyone is partisan compared to Parinella... the guy's a robot.
Re: -=UT=- UPA MASTERS DIVISI [message #41145 is a reply to message #41116] Wed, 14 October 2009 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joe Seidler
Messages: 482
Registered: September 2008
Location: San Francisco
Senior Member
On Oct 14, 8:32 am, Keith Larsen <keith.larsen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 14, 9:39 am, Bourdox <bour...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > My vote's for GLUM.  They haven't lost to a Masters team yet this
> > season.
>
> My vote is for Mileage, they have only lost 6 Masters games in 3
> years, 3 to Surly, 1 to Troubled Past, 1 to DoG, and 1 to Boneyard in
> '07 when their seeding into quarters didn't matter.
>
> They are 1-3 against Surly in the last 3 years, this is the year they
> will beat them when it matters.
>
> GLUM lost 6 games alone at Nationals last year. They do look better
> this year, but a 2nd place finish in pool play will have them losing
> to Surly in semis this year.
>
> My take on seeding:
> 1. Surly [7-0 defending champs]
> 2. Mileage [7-0 defending runner-ups]
> 3. Troubled Past [7-0, 3rd in '07 and '08]
> 4. GLUM [15-0, won in Canada, big wins over DoG]
> 5. Beyonders [6-0, could be the suprise of the tournament]
> 6. DoG [11-2, low seeding could make them dangerous]
> 7. OLDSAG [6-0, 5th in '05, 6th in '07, 5th in '08, so I'm guessing
> another finish in the middle of the pack]
> 8. Throwback [6-2, won in '06, failed to qualify in '07, a win over
> Mileage in pool play last year shows they are still a very real
> threat]
> 9. Double Black [5-2, 2 wins over Old Style and a 1 point win over
> OLDSAG last year leave a lot of room for improvement]
> 10. Ball & Chain [6-2, haven't been to Nationals since 2006, didn't
> play Mileage close, might be able to make quarters]
> 11. Boneyard [4-3, revenged last years loss to Chesapeaked to make
> Nationals...]
> 12. Real Huck [9-2, loss to Old Style, last years 12th place finisher]
>
> This makes Pools.
> A: Surly, Troubled Past, DoG, OLDSAG, Ball&Chain, Real Huck
> B: Mileage, GLUM, Beyonders, Throwback, Double Black, Boneyard
>
> Prediction: Surly vs GLUM and Mileage vs DoG in Semis, Surly vs
> Mileage rematch in finals with Mileage finally getting the better of
> them.
>
> -Keith

Keith,
Given the Beyondors's roster, I'm surprised you don't see them making
semis, if not finals. They have guys who won Open Nationals last year!
They probably have more National Champions (club and college) than
anyone except perhaps DoG).
Re: -=UT=- UPA MASTERS DIVISI [message #41150 is a reply to message #41145] Wed, 14 October 2009 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Knappy
Messages: 830
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
"could be the suprise of the tournament"

Surprise to who?

I hope you're not in charge of seeding.....



On Oct 14, 2:45 pm, Joe Seidler <j...@seidler.com> wrote:
> On Oct 14, 8:32 am, Keith Larsen <keith.larsen...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > On Oct 14, 9:39 am, Bourdox <bour...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > My vote's for GLUM.  They haven't lost to a Masters team yet this
> > > season.
>
> > My vote is for Mileage, they have only lost 6 Masters games in 3
> > years, 3 to Surly, 1 to Troubled Past, 1 to DoG, and 1 to Boneyard in
> > '07 when their seeding into quarters didn't matter.
>
> > They are 1-3 against Surly in the last 3 years, this is the year they
> > will beat them when it matters.
>
> > GLUM lost 6 games alone at Nationals last year. They do look better
> > this year, but a 2nd place finish in pool play will have them losing
> > to Surly in semis this year.
>
> > My take on seeding:
> > 1. Surly [7-0 defending champs]
> > 2. Mileage [7-0 defending runner-ups]
> > 3. Troubled Past [7-0, 3rd in '07 and '08]
> > 4. GLUM [15-0, won in Canada, big wins over DoG]
> > 5. Beyonders [6-0, could be the suprise of the tournament]
> > 6. DoG [11-2, low seeding could make them dangerous]
> > 7. OLDSAG [6-0, 5th in '05, 6th in '07, 5th in '08, so I'm guessing
> > another finish in the middle of the pack]
> > 8. Throwback [6-2, won in '06, failed to qualify in '07, a win over
> > Mileage in pool play last year shows they are still a very real
> > threat]
> > 9. Double Black [5-2, 2 wins over Old Style and a 1 point win over
> > OLDSAG last year leave a lot of room for improvement]
> > 10. Ball & Chain [6-2, haven't been to Nationals since 2006, didn't
> > play Mileage close, might be able to make quarters]
> > 11. Boneyard [4-3, revenged last years loss to Chesapeaked to make
> > Nationals...]
> > 12. Real Huck [9-2, loss to Old Style, last years 12th place finisher]
>
> > This makes Pools.
> > A: Surly, Troubled Past, DoG, OLDSAG, Ball&Chain, Real Huck
> > B: Mileage, GLUM, Beyonders, Throwback, Double Black, Boneyard
>
> > Prediction: Surly vs GLUM and Mileage vs DoG in Semis, Surly vs
> > Mileage rematch in finals with Mileage finally getting the better of
> > them.
>
> > -Keith
>
> Keith,
> Given the Beyondors's roster, I'm surprised you don't see them making
> semis, if not finals. They have guys who won Open Nationals last year!
> They probably have more National Champions (club and college) than
> anyone except perhaps DoG).- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -
Re: -=UT=- UPA MASTERS DIVISI [message #41200 is a reply to message #41009] Wed, 14 October 2009 18:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joe Seidler
Messages: 482
Registered: September 2008
Location: San Francisco
Senior Member
On Oct 13, 11:06 am, se...@ultitalk.com (Seppo) wrote:
> To view this post in it's entirety, please visit the following link:
>
> http://www.ultitalk.com/index.php?topic=1056.0
>
> To reply to this post, register for your FREE UltiTalk.Com account using the following link:
>
> http://www.ultitalk.com/index.php?action=register
>
> -======================-
>
> UPA MASTERS DIVISION
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Who's going to win the 2009 UPA Masters Division?
>
> Surly
> Real Huck
> O.L.D. S.A.G.
> Boneyard
> Glum
> DoG
> Troubled Past
> Throwback
> Mileage
> Ball and Chain
> Beyondors
> Double Black
>
> Place your vote and speak yo mind!
>
> -======================-
>
> UltiTalk.Com
> The Place To Talk Ultimate.http://www.ultitalk.com

Winning Open Masters Nationals is IMPORTANT. Not only does it give
credit to the best team, but some players may move up in the Ultimate
History Book website "Individual Special Accomplishments" document:
http://www.ultimatehistory.com/specialaccomplishments
Re: -=UT=- UPA MASTERS DIVISI [message #41908 is a reply to message #41200] Tue, 20 October 2009 23:34 Go to previous message
Seppo[1]
Messages: 80
Registered: September 2008
Location: Kansas City
Member

Place your vote!

Glum & Beyondors tied w/ 5 votes each.

http://www.ultitalk.com/index.php?topic=1056.0

- Seppo #22
Previous Topic:MEN'S COLLEGE TOURNAMENT OCTOBER 31-NOVEMBER 1
Next Topic:-=UT=- UPA WOMEN\'S DIVIS
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Mon Jan 20 14:54:36 PST 2020
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.0RC2.
Copyright ©2001-2009 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software