Forum Search:
RSD No Spam
rec.sport.disc without the spam


Home » RSD » RSD Posts » WHATS THE BEST SHOWCASED GAME OF ALL TIME
Re: WHATS THE BEST SHOWCASED GAME OF ALL TIME [message #26197 is a reply to message #26190] Fri, 29 May 2009 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daag Alemayehu
Messages: 249
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
On May 29, 1:30 pm, jacob <jacobsi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, you called him a Cock-licker, too, but it's good to see you
> backing down and lying about what you meant there, Reggie.

Cock licker quip aside, I'm pretty sure he's been using "queer" to
mean odd for quite some time now.
Re: WHATS THE BEST SHOWCASED GAME OF ALL TIME [message #26229 is a reply to message #26197] Fri, 29 May 2009 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sanfordcw
Messages: 153
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
On May 29, 11:28 am, Daag Alemayehu <daag.alemay...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 29, 1:30 pm, jacob <jacobsi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Well, you called him a Cock-licker, too, but it's good to see you
> > backing down and lying about what you meant there, Reggie.
>
> Cock licker quip aside, I'm pretty sure he's been using "queer" to
> mean odd for quite some time now.

right. when you say cock licker and queer together you mean "someone
that sucks dicks" and "odd."

regardless of him saying "queer" means odd, reggie certainly knows the
word has more than one meaning.

don't be a fucking idiot, daag.
Re: WHATS THE BEST SHOWCASED GAME OF ALL TIME [message #26233 is a reply to message #26229] Fri, 29 May 2009 19:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daag Alemayehu
Messages: 249
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
On May 29, 9:31 pm, sanfor...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Cock licker quip aside, I'm pretty sure he's been using "queer" to
> > mean odd for quite some time now.
>
> right.  when you say cock licker and queer together you mean "someone
> that sucks dicks" and "odd."

Well, if we're gonna be all analytical about things, I might point out
that those two comments came in separate posts (posts #9 and #13 if
you're using Google to read RSD). Alls I'm saying is that he uses the
word "queer" nearly incessantly and it's typically NOT accompanied by
anything remotely homophobic. It's an MG trademark. Look it up.

> don't be a fucking idiot, daag.

You don't even know me, Corey. You'd probably like me. Next time
you're in Atlanta maybe I'll buy you a beer. Maybe. Don't be so
quick to judge.
Re: WHATS THE BEST SHOWCASED GAME OF ALL TIME [message #26251 is a reply to message #26233] Sat, 30 May 2009 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agerics20
Messages: 8115
Registered: October 2008
Senior Member
separate posts (posts #9 and #13 if
> you're using Google to read RSD).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

---oh. burn.
Re: WHATS THE BEST SHOWCASED GAME OF ALL TIME [message #26252 is a reply to message #26233] Sat, 30 May 2009 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
scpoulos
Messages: 225
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
On May 29, 10:38 pm, Daag Alemayehu <daag.alemay...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 29, 9:31 pm, sanfor...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > > Cock licker quip aside, I'm pretty sure he's been using "queer" to
> > > mean odd for quite some time now.
>
> > right.  when you say cock licker and queer together you mean "someone
> > that sucks dicks" and "odd."
>
> Well, if we're gonna be all analytical about things, I might point out
> that those two comments came in separate posts (posts #9 and #13 if
> you're using Google to read RSD).  Alls I'm saying is that he uses the
> word "queer" nearly incessantly and it's typically NOT accompanied by
> anything remotely homophobic.  It's an MG trademark.  Look it up.
>
> > don't be a fucking idiot, daag.
>
> You don't even know me, Corey.  You'd probably like me.  Next time
> you're in Atlanta maybe I'll buy you a beer.  Maybe.  Don't be so
> quick to judge.

yeah Corey, Daag is a cool dude. played on my winter league team a
year ago. you guys would get along. good ol' rsd. nothing gets people
talking shit more!
Re: WHATS THE BEST SHOWCASED GAME OF ALL TIME [message #26256 is a reply to message #26233] Sat, 30 May 2009 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ulticritic
Messages: 8204
Registered: April 2009
Senior Member
On May 29, 10:38 pm, Daag Alemayehu <daag.alemay...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Well, if we're gonna be all analytical about things, I might point out
> that those two comments came in separate posts (posts #9 and #13 if
> you're using Google to read RSD).  Alls I'm saying is that he uses the
> word "queer" nearly incessantly and it's typically NOT accompanied by
> anything remotely homophobic.  It's an MG trademark.  Look it up.


also a family guy trademark.......only i think theres more insinuation
of fagotry there. Take, for example, episode 420 (of which, best song
ever on family guy or simpsons) where quagmyer gets pussy whiped by
and ACTUAL CAT (classic) to start the episode. The crippled cop
called him a "queer" after quag blew off drinking beer with his pals
to go cat shit shopping in the next town. I personally dont think HE
was using "queer" in anything other than a derogitory manner. Ive
often herd brian ask stewie if he was "queer".....of which he wasnt
sure. AND BELIEVE IT OR NOT seth mcfarlin claims to be a gay rights
advocate (as mike probably is to?). so it just goes to show you that
one can use terms like "turd burgurlar" in a derogetory manner and not
be a homophobe, right? not to say that mike didnt use the term to
mean "odd".......as i often do myself.
Re: WHATS THE BEST SHOWCASED GAME OF ALL TIME [message #26263 is a reply to message #26256] Sat, 30 May 2009 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jacob
Messages: 576
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
Daag: "Well, if we're gonna be all analytical about things, I might
point out that those two comments came in separate posts."

Well, Corey did use the word "together" to describe Reggie's use of
these two terms, but this could be interpreted to mean 'together on
the same thread," not "together on the same post." Even if Corey did
mistakenly intend the latter, who cares? Reggie used the word "cock
licker" to insult Corey once, then uses the word "queer" to insult him
a second time. It's legitimate to connect dots which are not in the
exact same location, then draw a reasonable inference from this
connection.

Daag: "Alls I'm saying is that he uses the word 'queer' nearly
incessantly and it's typically NOT accompanied by anything remotely
homophobic."

And a lot of people say "that's gay" to refer to things which they do
not like, without having any overt intent to directly link the thing
they are insulting to homosexuality. However, I think they are making
an indirect connection between those things and homosexuality; as in:
"that thing is bad, just like being gay is bad." Otherwise, why use
the term "gay" in a negative context? I suggest you reconsider your
standards for judging the word "remotely."

This method is not exclusive to gay slurs, either.
Re: WHATS THE BEST SHOWCASED GAME OF ALL TIME [message #26264 is a reply to message #26263] Sat, 30 May 2009 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agerics20
Messages: 8115
Registered: October 2008
Senior Member
i think that anyone who posts logic statements regarding someone's
opinion in a thread called best showcase game ever is a fucking moron.
Re: WHATS THE BEST SHOWCASED GAME OF ALL TIME [message #26267 is a reply to message #26256] Sat, 30 May 2009 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MrPinto
Messages: 601
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
On May 30, 8:09 am, ulticri...@live.com wrote:
> also a family guy trademark.......only i think theres more insinuation
> of fagotry there.  Take, for example, episode 420 (of which, best song
> ever on family guy or simpsons) where quagmyer gets pussy whiped by
> and ACTUAL CAT (classic) to start the episode.  The crippled cop
> called him a "queer" after quag blew off drinking beer  with his pals
> to go cat shit shopping in the next town.  I personally dont think HE
> was using "queer" in anything other than a derogitory manner.  Ive
> often herd brian ask stewie if he was "queer".....of which he wasnt
> sure.  AND BELIEVE IT OR NOT seth mcfarlin claims to be a gay rights
> advocate (as mike probably is to?).  so it just goes to show you that
> one can use terms like "turd burgurlar" in a derogetory manner and not
> be a homophobe, right?  not to say that mike didnt use the term to
> mean "odd".......as i often do myself.

I know that this is going to blow your mind, but Family Guy uses the
behavior of its characters as an example of what not to do. The show
is using its characters to make fun of stereotypes (e.g., Cleveland
subscribing to "Grape Soda Magazine". I think it would be a stretch
to consider Seth a supporter of everything that Peter does, or Matt a
supporter of everything that Homer does. I know that you use
Simpsons, FG and Seinfeld as the revealed word on what's right and
what's not, but they're actually supposed to be *comedies*, not
*documentaries.* Getting your son a Bar Mitzvah won't make him
smarter. Putting jet fuel in your truck won't make it fly. The
interaction between Brian (who's also a racist) and Stewie is Seth's
commentary on the goofy nature of society's relationship with
homosexuality. If you're watching it just for giggles every time any
one says "gay," I guess it's awesome that there's something
entertaining at your level of thought too, but you're not exactly
looking at the whole picture.

~p
Re: WHATS THE BEST SHOWCASED GAME OF ALL TIME [message #26268 is a reply to message #26264] Sat, 30 May 2009 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jacob
Messages: 576
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
Reggie: "i think that anyone who posts logic statements regarding
someone's opinion in a thread called best showcase game ever is a
fucking moron."

Well, Reggie, the thread was indeed about the best showcased game, but
it was you, not I, who opened the door (so to speak) on the subject of
homophobia by using gay slurs in your unsuccessful pitiful attempt to
win an argument. I'm sure you would like to live in a world where you
could express your opinions without having those opinions criticized
through the use of "logic statements," but alas, our world is not such
a place. At least not for you.

It is worth noting that I did not originally criticize what you had
said, but actually asked you to explain it. Do you understand the
difference between those two things?
Re: WHATS THE BEST SHOWCASED GAME OF ALL TIME [message #26272 is a reply to message #26263] Sat, 30 May 2009 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daag Alemayehu
Messages: 249
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
On May 30, 12:21 pm, jacob <jacobsi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> And a lot of people say "that's gay" to refer to things which they do
> not like, without having any overt intent to directly link the thing
> they are insulting to homosexuality.  However, I think they are making
> an indirect connection between those things and homosexuality; as in:
> "that thing is bad, just like being gay is bad."  Otherwise, why use
> the term "gay" in a negative context?  I suggest you reconsider your
> standards for judging the word "remotely."

Did you really just explain to me why calling something bad "gay" is
an example of homophobia?

This thread has devolved beyond silliness. If you think calling
something "gay" is ALWAYS THE EXACT SAME THING as calling something
"queer," then I have no reason to continue debating. And really, I
had no reason to begin debating in the first place. At this point I
feel like I'm being attacked/labeled as a) a homophobe, b) a homophobe
apologist, and c) someone who has no reading comprehension skills (an
"idiot," according to Corey). I'm not stupid, Jacob. I'd hope that
I've proved at least that much after all these years. And you'd be
hard pressed (read: it ain't gonna happen) to find a SINGLE quote from
me on RSD or an anecdote from even my worst enemy where I've stood up
for homophobia or acted like a homophobe myself.

This is the second time I've gotten caught up debating something
ridiculous AND ridiculously off-topic (the first time was debating why
soccer is unpopular in America in a thread about friggin' NATIONALS).
I usually find RSD highly amusing, hence my unnecessarily high posting
volume. But this is not amusing at all. It's not amusing, it's not
productive, and it's probably going to make my name pop up on Google
searches for a lot of things I don't wish to be associated with. I
quit. Go accuse people of whatever you want.

So that I can be mildly on-topic: my favorite showcase game was
College Easterns '04, but that's because of the free crawfish boil
going on at the same time. At least I THINK there was a game being
played (I wanna say it was Cal vs Tennessee). I was kinda more
interested in the best free tournament food of all time.

My least favorite showcase came was at Mudbowl this year. While I was
preoccupied with something else (probably food, again) someone shanked
a pull so badly it bopped each one of my 2 puppies on the head. Lots
of booing at that one, let me tell you.
Re: WHATS THE BEST SHOWCASED GAME OF ALL TIME [message #26275 is a reply to message #26268] Sat, 30 May 2009 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wbrecycling
Messages: 27
Registered: February 2009
Junior Member
> Well, Reggie, the thread was indeed about the best showcased game, but
> it was you, not I, who opened the door (so to speak) on the subject of
> homophobia by using gay slurs in your unsuccessful pitiful attempt to
> win an argument.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

---dumb fuck.
the thread topic is a fucking question.
i gave an answer and then had a fucking goofball trying to teach me
about arguing.
shut the fuck up.
any slur of any sort, you asked for.
now...stop trying to be so smart and shut up.
Re: WHATS THE BEST SHOWCASED GAME OF ALL TIME [message #26276 is a reply to message #26272] Sat, 30 May 2009 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jacob
Messages: 576
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
Daag: "Did you really just explain to me why calling something bad
'gay' is an example of homophobia?"

I'm actually misusing the term "homophobic," as most people misuse
it. As David Sideris points out, it is possible to dislike something
without being scared of it, so lots of anti-gay sentiment is probably
not rooted in "phobia," however empowering use of the word
"homophobia" may be for those decrying those sentiments. So I probably
just should have said "anti-gay." And yes, I did just explain to you
why using "gay" and "bad" as synonyms is anti-gay. I did this because
you had stated that Reggie uses the term "queer" and "bad" as
synonymous (although Reggie says he was using "queer" as synonymous
with "odd," it is clear from context that he finds "odd" to be
synonymous with "bad").

"This thread has devolved beyond silliness"

I assume you don't hold me responsible for this. To whatever extent
you hold yourself responsible; don't be so hard on yourself.

"If you think calling something "gay" is ALWAYS THE EXACT SAME THING
as calling something "queer," then I have no reason to continue
debating."

Yes, "queer" CAN be used in a context which is unrelated to
homosexuality, I just don't think this was one of those contexts.
Like "queer," "gay" has a meaning unrelated to homosexuality which
predates its use as a gay slur. However, if some guy who I had heard
use the f word one one day called a guy he did not like "gay" the next
day, I think it is fair for me to conclude that he was not using the
word "gay" to describe that guy as happy and carefree.

"And really, I had no reason to begin debating in the first place."

Who needs a reason?

"At this point I feel like I'm being attacked/labeled as a) a
homophobe, b) a homophobe apologist, and c) someone who has no reading
comprehension skills (an
"idiot," according to Corey)."

I haven't called you a homophobic or accused you of apologizing for
the homophobic. At worst, I've argued that you misunderstood another
person's use of the term "queer." Not really an attack, Daag. As far
as questioning your reading comprehension skills; this goes with the
territory in any online discussion where more than one opinion is
expressed. I'm not saying you can't read. If I thought this, I
wouldn't be writing in response to you. I'm just disagreeing with how
you read one word.

I can't defend Corey's lack pf diplomacy.

"I'm not stupid, Jacob. I'd hope that I've proved at least that much
after all these years."

I know you are not stupid! That is obvious. Do I need to mail you a
star-shaped or smiley-face sticker for your intelligent writing?

"And you'd be hard pressed (read: it ain't gonna happen) to find a
SINGLE quote from me on RSD or an anecdote from even my worst enemy
where I've stood up for homophobia or acted like a homophobe myself."

Again, I am not accusing you of this. I don't think anyone else is,
either.

"This is the second time I've gotten caught up debating something
ridiculous AND ridiculously off-topic"

Only two times? Pretty impressive restraint.

"I usually find RSD highly amusing, hence my unnecessarily high
posting volume. But this is not amusing at all.

That's because you are perceiving an attack on you which does not
actually exist. Paranoia and amusement rarely occur together.

"it's not productive"

OK, you win on that point.

"and it's probably going to make my name pop up on Google searches for
a lot of things I don't wish to be associated with."

More paranoia. Are you wearing tin foil on your head to stop the
government from reading your thoughts?"

"I quit. Go accuse people of whatever you want."

Can I accuse you of being a quitter?"
Re: WHATS THE BEST SHOWCASED GAME OF ALL TIME [message #26277 is a reply to message #26267] Sat, 30 May 2009 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ulticritic
Messages: 8204
Registered: April 2009
Senior Member
On May 30, 1:34 pm, pinto <MrPi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I know that this is going to blow your mind, but Family Guy uses the
> behavior of its characters as an example of what not to do.


no, i think they/he uses em as a way to maximize humor. Or are you
saying that they/he dosent intentd for such crude banter to be funny
but rather informative and moral? do you also think that family guy
has a big gay following due to the leaps and bounds its making in
bridging the gap between gays and the kind of people that actually
watch the show????? YOU ARE FUCKING CRAZY!!!!!!

and on top of that, how would you "know" that to be the case?
------------------------------------------------------------ -----------




 The show
> is using its characters to make fun of stereotypes (e.g., Cleveland
> subscribing to "Grape Soda Magazine".  I think it would be a stretch
> to consider Seth a supporter of everything that Peter does, or Matt a
> supporter of everything that Homer does.

well obviously its an exagerated personification......but i still say
the average gay would be offended by family guy.....and would probably
think that it perpetuates homophobeness.
------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------------


 I know that you use
> Simpsons, FG and Seinfeld as the revealed word on what's right and
> what's not

no i dont......i believe there are tid bits of wisdom within(that i do
like to point out from time to time) but for the most part i just like
how it points out the foibles of everyday life.
------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------


, but they're actually supposed to be *comedies*, not
> *documentaries.*


as homer once said....."its funny because its true"
------------------------------------------------------------ -----------


 Getting your son a Bar Mitzvah won't make him
> smarter.  Putting jet fuel in your truck won't make it fly.  The
> interaction between Brian (who's also a racist)

but thats just because he's a dog
-------------------------------------------------------



and Stewie is Seth's
> commentary on the goofy nature of society's relationship with
> homosexuality.

so what was it when crippled cop called quagmyre a fag, i mean "queer"
because he would rather cat shit shop than drink beer with his pals.
Was that meant to be humorous to those of us that can relate to
playing the gay card in association with feminine type activities or
was that a serious morality lesson in what NOT to call your friends no
matter how gay(not to be confused with being homosexual) they become?
You sound pretty fuckin queer yourself with your interpretation of why
or how family guy is supposed to be funny.
------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------------


 If you're watching it just for giggles every time any
> one says "gay,"

but i thought you said the show was a comedy? I mean there is all
kinds of crude sexual humor in that show that isnt nessesarily
exclusive to being gay but theres an awful lot of gay conotations. I
feel sorry for you that you are so uptight that you cant enjoy it at
just the basic level......of which is the only way that show really
can be enjoyed. How can ANYONE think that family guy operates on
anything other than the most basic levels. Its pretty much basic
slapstic comedy. notice one of the ads for the show is when cleveland
and quagmire are in the tub and quagmire rips one and cleveland says
"thaaaaats naaaaasty". theres nothin to read into that. its a basic
fart joke.
------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------------------------


I guess it's awesome that there's something
> entertaining at your level of thought too, but you're not exactly
> looking at the whole picture.

leave it to punto to believe that the family guy is really a show
thats meant to teach and not simply entertain. ate up.......and
queer. come to think of it punto.....the way you talk and what
not.......you remind me a lot of stewie..........whos not really sure
weather he's gay or not...........uhmmmmm? I mean when i was calling
you a gay ass faggot queer all this time i wasnt meaning it in a
sexual way but rather a sissified way. i might have to rethink this
now.
Re: WHATS THE BEST SHOWCASED GAME OF ALL TIME [message #26278 is a reply to message #26268] Sat, 30 May 2009 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ulticritic
Messages: 8204
Registered: April 2009
Senior Member
On May 30, 1:37 pm, jacob <jacobsi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Reggie: "i think that anyone who posts logic statements regarding
> someone's opinion in a thread called best showcase game ever is a
> fucking moron."
>
> Well, Reggie, the thread was indeed about the best showcased game, but
> it was you, not I, who opened the door (so to speak) on the subject of
> homophobia by using gay slurs in your unsuccessful pitiful attempt to
> win an argument.  I'm sure you would like to live in a world where you
> could express your opinions without having those opinions criticized
> through the use of "logic statements," but alas, our world is not such
> a place.  At least not for you.
>
> It is worth noting that I did not originally criticize what you had
> said, but actually asked you to explain it.  Do you understand the
> difference between those two things?

so jake......good to see ya back in the "spin" of things. do you ever
watch the family guy?
Re: WHATS THE BEST SHOWCASED GAME OF ALL TIME [message #26280 is a reply to message #26276] Sat, 30 May 2009 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agerics20
Messages: 8115
Registered: October 2008
Senior Member
hey! another thread about the use of the words gay and queer.
Re: WHATS THE BEST SHOWCASED GAME OF ALL TIME [message #26281 is a reply to message #26267] Sat, 30 May 2009 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ulticritic
Messages: 8204
Registered: April 2009
Senior Member
On May 30, 1:34 pm, pinto <MrPi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I know that this is going to blow your mind, but Family Guy uses the
> behavior of its characters as an example of what not to do.  

maybe mike, i mean reggie, is too? he is a caracter after all
Re: WHATS THE BEST SHOWCASED GAME OF ALL TIME [message #26283 is a reply to message #26281] Sat, 30 May 2009 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agerics20
Messages: 8115
Registered: October 2008
Senior Member
> maybe mike, i mean reggie, is too?  he is a caracter after all
~~~~~~~~~

---god i hope so!
Re: WHATS THE BEST SHOWCASED GAME OF ALL TIME [message #26292 is a reply to message #26233] Sat, 30 May 2009 17:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sanfordcw
Messages: 153
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
On May 29, 7:38 pm, Daag Alemayehu <daag.alemay...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> You don't even know me, Corey.  You'd probably like me.  Next time
> you're in Atlanta maybe I'll buy you a beer.  Maybe.  Don't be so
> quick to judge.


I almost definitely would like you. you play frisbee football and i'd
probably enjoy having a beer with anyone on this thread. i've called
many of my friends idiots. don't take it personally.

i trust my former teammate mr. poulous. if he says you are cool, you
are alright.

perhaps this got out of control. i tend to jump on reggie's threads
because i know that dude knows a lot about frisbee football and i
think his arguments would be stronger if he didn't always go with with
sweeping "because i said so statements." he knows his shit, he
doesn't need to go there.

jake, you are the tops.
Re: WHATS THE BEST SHOWCASED GAME OF ALL TIME [message #26294 is a reply to message #26277] Sat, 30 May 2009 18:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MrPinto
Messages: 601
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
On May 30, 1:27 pm, ulticri...@live.com wrote:

> > I know that this is going to blow your mind, but Family Guy uses the
> > behavior of its characters as an example of what not to do.
>
> no, i think they/he uses em as a way to maximize humor.  Or are you
> saying that they/he dosent intentd for such crude banter to be funny
> but rather informative and moral?

Informative and moral? He's making fun of idiots... for being
idiots. "Informative and moral" is pretty far from how I'd describe
that. That there are some idiots out there who are too idiotic to
realize that they're being made fun of... well, that's just icing on
the cake.

>  do you also think that family guy
> has a big gay following due to the leaps and bounds its making in
> bridging the gap between gays and the kind of people that actually
> watch the show?????   YOU ARE FUCKING CRAZY!!!!!!

You couldn't be more wrong. Family Guy has a huge following because
it does a very good job of making fun of the stupid things that people
do. Homophobia is but a small subset of that. It was the jew jokes
that got the show canceled the first time, I believe.

>   I know that you use
>
> > Simpsons, FG and Seinfeld as the revealed word on what's right and
> > what's not
>
> no i dont......i believe there are tid bits of wisdom within(that i do
> like to point out from time to time) but for the most part i just like
> how it points out the foibles of everyday life.

Dude, you quote line and verse from Seinfeld like it was your
"secularist" bible.

>   Getting your son a Bar Mitzvah won't make him

> so what was it when crippled cop called quagmyre a fag, i mean "queer"
> because he would rather cat shit shop than drink beer with his pals.

I imagine the segment (which I for some reason don't recall) was
making fun of something else. Perhaps the hardcore jock or cop
stereotypes that Joe is there for?

> How can ANYONE think that family guy operates on
> anything other than the most basic levels.

I guess for some people... everything operates on the most basic
level. I'm sure if someone ever tortures your ass by putting you
through a Shakespearian comedy you'll come out talking about how you
were laughing the whole time because they talked funny.

> leave it to punto to believe that the family guy is really a show
> thats meant to teach and not simply entertain.

Teaching? Who said anything about teaching anything? Where you are
and what I said, well, they're different places. Have fun over there,
just don't pretend that I'm... over there.

> i might have to rethink this
> now.

You can't REthink without having first... thought. And you might want
to take it easy with the thinking. I'm not saying you shouldn't
start, I'm just saying you should ease into it (uhm, that's what she
said?). You never know where thinking might lead.

~p
Re: WHATS THE BEST SHOWCASED GAME OF ALL TIME [message #26295 is a reply to message #26292] Sat, 30 May 2009 18:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MrPinto
Messages: 601
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
On May 30, 5:25 pm, sanfor...@gmail.com wrote:

> perhaps this got out of control.  i tend to jump on reggie's threads
> because i know that dude knows a lot about frisbee football and i
> think his arguments would be stronger if he didn't always go with with
> sweeping "because i said so statements."  he knows his shit, he
> doesn't need to go there.

I see what you're saying, but I find it endearing. It's like he's too
cool to support his arguments. Offering evidence or reasoning would
just be stooping to our level, wouldn't it? The circle is a beautiful
shape, so what better argument could there be than the circular one?

N/S @ Easterns was the best because... it was.
2 Observers is enough because... it's enough.
The ground tap is dumb because... it's dumb.

Can't we all quit fighting and just admire the beauty in the
simplicity?

~p
Re: WHATS THE BEST SHOWCASED GAME OF ALL TIME [message #26307 is a reply to message #26295] Sun, 31 May 2009 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jacob
Messages: 576
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
"dumb fuck. the thread topic is a fucking question. i gave an answer
and then had a fucking goofball trying to teach me about arguing. shut
the fuck up. any slur of any sort, you asked for. now...stop trying to
be so smart and shut up."

Is this really all you have?
Re: WHATS THE BEST SHOWCASED GAME OF ALL TIME [message #26311 is a reply to message #26089] Sun, 31 May 2009 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisdatkinson2
Messages: 83
Registered: September 2008
Member
On May 28, 3:50 pm, Daag Alemayehu <daag.alemay...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 28, 12:56 pm, Knappy <knappy...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Poultry days allstar game. Any year.
>
> > Would you rather have Refs, or Miss Chick?
>
> >http://www.versaillespoultrydays.com/misschick.htm
>
> You do know that Miss Chick is like 16-17 years old, right?

"girls flower only once, but once is enough."
-ed abbey
Re: WHATS THE BEST SHOWCASED GAME OF ALL TIME [message #26312 is a reply to message #26295] Sun, 31 May 2009 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agerics20
Messages: 8115
Registered: October 2008
Senior Member
> N/S @ Easterns was the best because... it was.

--presentation, officials, time, last second timeout and huck for two
pointer, crowd.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
> 2 Observers is enough because... it's enough.

--ain't had a problem with 2, don't miss any calls, when linesmen are
offered it's always like...'we don't need them'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> The ground tap is dumb because... it's dumb.

---because it's used only about 10% and no one cares and no one minds
it's not used and everyone knows that when the thrower has the disc
with a pivot that play has started and why tap the ground when the
action is out in front of you
Re: WHATS THE BEST SHOWCASED GAME OF ALL TIME [message #26315 is a reply to message #25982] Sun, 31 May 2009 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agerics20
Messages: 8115
Registered: October 2008
Senior Member
> Taking into account, presentation, level of players, level of comp,
> seriousness of game, professionalism of game, rule enforcement/game
> management and general theme..........hands down, THE 1996 NORTH SOUTH
> ALLSTAR GAME held at college easterns.  which had a 6 man ref crew
> (stripes and whistles) and used stopped time.  IT WAS THE SHIT!!!!!!!
> Tully Beatty recieved the defensive player of the game award and Stew
> Downs won the offensive player of the game award.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--this is how this thread began.
someone replied that 'oh yeah it was so great that everyone wants refs
now', sarcasticly.
i replied that i agreed with the original post, and that changing
people's opinion OR NOT about refs doesn't make or break a showcase
game. I guess that 'agreeing' with the original post would include
all the "taking into account, presentation, level of players, level of
comp, seriousness, professionalism, rule enforcement, game managment
and general theme" and experimentation stuff...


so...what were all your queer replies to me about?
Re: WHATS THE BEST SHOWCASED GAME OF ALL TIME [message #26323 is a reply to message #26315] Sun, 31 May 2009 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jacob
Messages: 576
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
Reggie, you should re-read the thread. Your "cock licker" shot was in
response to Corey, who was critical of you stating that the '96
Easterns showcase game was the best ever, despite the fact that you
obviously had not seen every showcase game. You called Corey "queer"
in response to his sarcastically stating that no one who admits their
mistakes should be respected. The issue of whether the presence of
refs at the '96 game successfully promoted the use of refs was not
connected to your use of these terms, although the issue did come up
earlier.

You and Toad were engaging in a harmless exaggeration about what was
probably indeed a great showcase game, so maybe Corey (with whom I
usually agree) was nitpicking a little in his first post. I agree
with the second of his comments mentioned above.

What my "queer replies" to you were about was to ask you to actually
articulate any connection between being gay and making the kinds of
comments Corey made. Either there is no connection, in which case
your use of "cock licker" and "queer" were misplaced, or there is some
connection, but you just don't want to explain it.

As for staying on topic of the thread: It's fair game to respond to
anything on one if these threads, particularly when the person you
have responded to has already brought up the new subject, as was the
case here ... not that you realized you were bringing the subject up.
Re: WHATS THE BEST SHOWCASED GAME OF ALL TIME [message #26328 is a reply to message #26323] Sun, 31 May 2009 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisdatkinson2
Messages: 83
Registered: September 2008
Member
> What my "queer replies" to you were about was to ask you to
actually
> articulate any connection between being gay and making the kinds of
> comments Corey made.  Either there is no connection, in which case
> your use of "cock licker" and "queer" were misplaced, or there is some
> connection, but you just don't want to explain it.

in certain gay circles, queer is defined as a politicized gay. now
that queer eye for the straight eye has appropriated the word queer,
the strength and meaning of the word is lessened/diluted. instead of
queer meaning gay advocacy, it now means flitting around trying
clothes on and being a major queen. used to be a point of pride to
call oneself queer, but now it's cringe worthy. 'course, i may be
talking out of turn here.
Re: WHATS THE BEST SHOWCASED GAME OF ALL TIME [message #26331 is a reply to message #26294] Sun, 31 May 2009 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ulticritic
Messages: 8204
Registered: April 2009
Senior Member
On May 30, 9:06 pm, pinto <MrPi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Informative and moral?  He's making fun of idiots.

no hes not......its the idiots that are making fun of all the uptight
pc types(like YOU) is what he's doin. He's glamorizing the idots.
givin em all the funny lines and what not.
------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------

for being
> idiots.

if his plan was to make fun of peter then why would he had giving him
such a hot wife?
------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------



 "Informative and moral" is pretty far from how I'd describe
> that.

wll how else would you discribe, how you put it......providing
"examples of what NOT to do"?
--------------------------------------------------------



 That there are some idiots out there who are too idiotic to
> realize that they're being made fun of...

LIKE YOU!!!!! fuckin idiot
-------------------------------------------------



>
> >  do you also think that family guy
> > has a big gay following due to the leaps and bounds its making in
> > bridging the gap between gays and the kind of people that actually
> > watch the show?????   YOU ARE FUCKING CRAZY!!!!!!
>
> You couldn't be more wrong.  Family Guy has a huge following because
> it does a very good job of making fun of the stupid things that people
> do.

and are you saying those people are gays......or pc people that can
just stomache all the derogetory gay humor? Seems like you are saying
that people should watch it, hear a line like "youre queer" and NOT
LAUGH???? but rather exlaim "thats not funny.....and thats no way to
act". Hey numbnuts.....if people were to watch the show and do that
all episode long wouldnt they just NOT WATCH to start. what gay ass
planet did you come from punto?
_----------------------------------------------------------- --------



> Homophobia is but a small subset of that.

SMALL????? its half the show.
---------------------------------------------------


 It was the jew jokes
> that got the show canceled the first time, I believe.


uhmmmm, ya mean that the tv execs couldnt figure out that seth was
trying to give examples of what "NOT to do"????
------------------------------------------------------------ --------------
>
> >   I know that you use
>
> > > Simpsons, FG and Seinfeld as the revealed word on what's right and
> > > what's not
>
> > no i dont......i believe there are tid bits of wisdom within(that i do
> > like to point out from time to time) but for the most part i just like
> > how it points out the foibles of everyday life.
>
> Dude, you quote line and verse from Seinfeld like it was your
> "secularist" bible.

well, theres lots of tid bits, what can i say. kinda why i threw out
that homer line, you dumbass
------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------
>
> >   Getting your son a Bar Mitzvah won't make him
> > so what was it when crippled cop called quagmyre a fag, i mean "queer"
> > because he would rather cat shit shop than drink beer with his pals.
>
> I imagine the segment (which I for some reason don't recall) was
> making fun of something else.

nope.......quagmyer was pussy whipped to a cat and joe called him a
queer. even you cant read anything more into that.
------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------


 Perhaps the hardcore jock or cop
> stereotypes that Joe is there for?

but joe wasnt being made fun of, cracked upon, spoken to in a
derogetory manner.......IT WAS THE QUEER THAT WAS!!!!!! So as a jock
i wouldnt feel the least bit offended by that sterotype (as there are
many "people" that use the term queer or gay in that same derogatory
manner in which someone isnt nessisarily "a" homosexual but rather
being overly sissyish)......where as i could definitely see how an
actual hmosexual would be offended........much in the same way people
here are offended by similar "gay" cracks (of which......gay
cracks???? c'mon, you know seth would have had peter all over that
one). BUT, why dont you ask your buddie BLW how much of a fan of
family guy he is. My guess is that he wouldnt watch that show due to
how offensive it is to gays.
------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------
>
> > How can ANYONE think that family guy operates on
> > anything other than the most basic levels.
>
> I guess for some people... everything operates on the most basic
> level.

which are probably 99% of fg viewers. which would mean that seth is
exploiting gays for the sake of his viewers......or
viseversa........either way, he makes crazy money doin it so i doubt
he'll stop.......and if 99% of viewers think itsa funny then it will
only proegate that mentality that YOU say he is in opposition to.
------------------------------------------------------------ ------------



 I'm sure if someone ever tortures your ass by putting you
> through a Shakespearian comedy

was that sarcasm? in that YOU wouldnt find such a thing to be
torturous? see, your a queer
------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------


you'll come out talking about how you
> were laughing the whole time because they talked funny.

no....cause i wouldnt likely go in in the first place. ya see, i
wouldnt allow anyone to torture me.
------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------
>
> > leave it to punto to believe that the family guy is really a show
> > thats meant to teach and not simply entertain.
>
> Teaching?  Who said anything about teaching anything?


what word do you use to describe "providing examples of what not to
do"?
------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------



 Where you are
> and what I said, well, they're different places.  Have fun over there,
> just don't pretend that I'm... over there.

i know......you are in queer land
----------------------------------------------------------
>
> > i might have to rethink this
> > now.
>
> You can't REthink without having first... thought.  And you might want
> to take it easy with the thinking.  I'm not saying you shouldn't
> start, I'm just saying you should ease into it (uhm, that's what she
> said?).  You never know where thinking might lead.

see now that sounds EXACTLY like somthing stewie would say.......i
think i'm gonna quit calling you punto and start calling you
stewie......the boy that hasent yet figured out hes a queer
Re: WHATS THE BEST SHOWCASED GAME OF ALL TIME [message #26332 is a reply to message #26295] Sun, 31 May 2009 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ulticritic
Messages: 8204
Registered: April 2009
Senior Member
On May 30, 9:10 pm, pinto <MrPi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Can't we all quit fighting and just admire the beauty in the
> simplicity?


maybe when you go away we can
Re: WHATS THE BEST SHOWCASED GAME OF ALL TIME [message #26333 is a reply to message #26307] Sun, 31 May 2009 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ulticritic
Messages: 8204
Registered: April 2009
Senior Member
On May 31, 3:09 am, jacob <jacobsi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "dumb fuck. the thread topic is a fucking question. i gave an answer
> and then had a fucking goofball trying to teach me about arguing. shut
> the fuck up. any slur of any sort, you asked for. now...stop trying to
> be so smart and shut up."
>
> Is this really all you have?

jake, why didnt you respond to my question. It seems you are not a
big fan of using derogatory comments that might be offensive to gay
people. Have you ever watched family guy? whats your take on that
derogetory gay humor? DONT BLOW ME OFF!!!
Re: WHATS THE BEST SHOWCASED GAME OF ALL TIME [message #26336 is a reply to message #26323] Sun, 31 May 2009 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ulticritic
Messages: 8204
Registered: April 2009
Senior Member
On May 31, 11:36 am, jacob <jacobsi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> You and Toad were engaging in a harmless exaggeration about what was
> probably indeed a great showcase game,


there was no exageration on my part.


>
> What my "queer replies" to you were about was to ask you to actually
> articulate any connection between being gay and making the kinds of
> comments Corey made.  Either there is no connection, in which case
> your use of "cock licker" and "queer" were misplaced, or there is some
> connection, but you just don't want to explain it.


so jake, how about this for a scenerio.......one of your drinking
buddies blows off drinking with you because he just got a cat and is
so inthralled with it that he'd rather hang with the cat.....or shop
for cat shit, then hag out with is pals. And one of his pals calls
him a queer. how would you interpret that gesture?
------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------
>
> As for staying on topic of the thread: It's fair game to respond to
> anything on one if these threads, particularly when the person you
> have responded to has already brought up the new subject, as was the
> case here ... not that you realized you were bringing the subject up.

ok, so lests shift the focus to family guy. how about family guy
jake?
Re: WHATS THE BEST SHOWCASED GAME OF ALL TIME [message #26337 is a reply to message #26333] Sun, 31 May 2009 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisdatkinson2
Messages: 83
Registered: September 2008
Member
> derogetory gay humor?  DONT BLOW ME OFF!!!

the beavis and butthead of retired crank ultimate players.
Re: WHATS THE BEST SHOWCASED GAME OF ALL TIME [message #26338 is a reply to message #26328] Sun, 31 May 2009 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ulticritic
Messages: 8204
Registered: April 2009
Senior Member
On May 31, 1:13 pm, chrisdatkins...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> in certain gay circles, queer is defined as a politicized gay. now
> that queer eye for the straight eye has appropriated the word queer,
> the strength and meaning of the word is lessened/diluted.

not on family guy it hasent. its as strong as ever.
------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------



instead of
> queer meaning gay advocacy,  it now means flitting around trying
> clothes on and being a major queen.

but couldnt that equally imply gay advocacy?
------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------



used to be a point of pride to
> call oneself queer, but now it's cringe worthy.


cant it mean different things to different people depending on it
context? who made you the expert on the meaning of gay words?
unlesss.........
------------------------------------------------------------ ---





'course, i may be
> talking out of turn here.

why, are you not gay? sure sounds like it.......not that theres
anything wrong with that.
Re: WHATS THE BEST SHOWCASED GAME OF ALL TIME [message #26461 is a reply to message #26338] Mon, 01 June 2009 17:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jacob
Messages: 576
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
Toad: "jake, why didnt you respond to my question?"

I'm not sure what question you are referring to. I did email you
directly to answer whether I watch the Family Guy (I don't on any
regular basis), but maybe the email did not go through.

"It seems you are not a big fan of using derogatory comments that
might be offensive to gay people."

I'm not any more worried about offending gay people than I am about
offending straight people. I just like people to explain what they
mean. In this case, Reggie has failed to explain why Corey's comments
were "queer" and/or made him a "cock licker."

"Have you ever watched family guy?"

A couple of times.

"whats your take on that derogetory gay humor?"

Everyone is fair game to be made fun of, as long as the humor is
rooted in truth. I can't speak directly about Family Guy, as I
haven't seen it enough, but gay-related humor can be funny. I hope
most gay people agree with this. (I challenge you to show me any
"humor" in Reggie's gay-related responses to Corey, by the way.)

"DONT BLOW ME OFF!!!"

Uhhh ..... yeah. I've been a little busy. Take it easy.

"so jake, how about this for a scenerio.......one of your drinking
buddies blows off drinking with you because he just got a cat and is
so inthralled with it that he'd rather hang with the cat.....or shop
for cat shit, then hag out with is pals. And one of his pals calls
him a queer. how would you interpret that gesture?"

Well, as a straight guy with two cats (in fact, you were in the same
room as one of them back at Kyle Kegel's house on 41st ave in '94), I
may not be the best person to answer this, but I will try:
1) I don't think gay guys are more likely to own cats, especially if
we are are factoring in straight guys with wives and kids; many of
whom own cats. (Now, actually SHOPPING for cat-related items- that
may indeed be a bit more common among gay guys than straight guys.)
2) Most gay guys would probably much rather have drinks with their
friends than hang out alone with their cats. Hanging out alone with
cats is really more of an activity for middle-aged/old straight women
who are single than a gay guy activity.

So, my interpretation would be that the pal calling the cat guy
"queer" doesn't really know gay people very well. That's fine by
itself. There is not, and should not be a rule that says straight
people need to know gay people well. I do think there should be a
rules that say:
1) "don't say things about gay people which are inaccurate" because
that is spreading lies.
2) "don't call straight people "queer" just because you don't like
what they are saying because then you are insulting people who are not
involved in the dispute.
3) "if you are jokingly calling a straight person 'queer,' that person
should at least be doing something that queer people actually tend to
do more than gay people," because that is where the humor, if any, can
be found.
Re: WHATS THE BEST SHOWCASED GAME OF ALL TIME [message #26485 is a reply to message #25982] Mon, 01 June 2009 20:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fetch
Messages: 28
Registered: October 2008
Junior Member
2006 ECC Finals - Seattle Sockeye vs. Buzz Bullets


2006 ECC Finals - Seattle Sockeye vs. Buzz Bullets


2006 ECC Finals - Seattle Sockeye vs. Buzz Bullets


2006 ECC Finals - Seattle Sockeye vs. Buzz Bullets


2006 ECC Finals - Seattle Sockeye vs. Buzz Bullets


2006 ECC Finals - Seattle Sockeye vs. Buzz Bullets
Re: WHATS THE BEST SHOWCASED GAME OF ALL TIME [message #26516 is a reply to message #26485] Tue, 02 June 2009 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ulticritic
Messages: 8204
Registered: April 2009
Senior Member
On Jun 1, 11:28 pm, Fetch <discoscalien...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> 2006 ECC Finals - Seattle Sockeye vs. Buzz Bullets
>
> 2006 ECC Finals - Seattle Sockeye vs. Buzz Bullets
>
> 2006 ECC Finals - Seattle Sockeye vs. Buzz Bullets
>
> 2006 ECC Finals - Seattle Sockeye vs. Buzz Bullets
>
> 2006 ECC Finals - Seattle Sockeye vs. Buzz Bullets
>
> 2006 ECC Finals - Seattle Sockeye vs. Buzz Bullets

ok, i could see how you could rate that game the best bases on level
of players, level of comp and seriousness of game(and even theme) but
what was so great about the presentation, professionalism and rule
enforcement/game management process that set it apart from other
showcased games??? Did they have refzervers? lighted scoreboard?
announcers?
Re: WHATS THE BEST SHOWCASED GAME OF ALL TIME [message #26638 is a reply to message #26073] Wed, 03 June 2009 20:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
slade.ben
Messages: 72
Registered: May 2009
Member
On May 28, 2:40 pm, matty j <maplerowf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 28, 1:01 pm, Dan <bali_ultim...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > New York New York vs New York New York at halftime of the Jets -
> > >Giantsgame in the late 80's (1988?) was pretty darn spectacular and
> > > in front of about 70,000 riveted fans.
>
> > Matty: I was there that day, long before i'd ever heard of ultimate
> > (so definitely no later than '88 -- i was at college by the next fall
> > and would have known what the game was by then). My grandfather had
> > season tickets (forty yard line, about 20 yards back. When he died,
> > family screwed up the renewal and that was the end of that). I was
> > fascinated then, knowing nothing about the game. But if i remember,
> > you guys played for, what, 10 minutes tops?
>
> we played for somewhere between 10-15 minutes, which is actually a
> pretty long time when you're out there in front of that many people.
> We also were treated like rock stars byGiantsmanagement, allowed to
> mingle with players before the game, provided our own locker room, and
> warmed up on the field while the players did a few hours before
> gametime. I'll never forget these monstrous NFL linemen who decided it
> would be fun to toss the disc with us. the disc simply disappeared in
> their huge mitts and then came rocketing out in a straight line to us
> when they threw it. they were instantly good at throwing but only in a
> straight fast line, and then laughed at us as we ran some drills.
> those linemen spent hours pregame with yoga type stretching long
> before any skill position players came out on the field, all the while
> doing slow trots and dance type agility moves to prepare. I was amazed
> at how graceful they could be when they were getting set to be such
> savages on the gridiron.
>
> Our first play was a set play to Cribber, who skied tremendously as
> the crowd roared in appreciation. After that, we had their interest
> and each layout got a cheer and a few scrapes thanks to the turf.
> We organized it all on our own, mostly thanks to connections that Mike
> Nevins had. We had our own section to sit in together, were introduced
> during the game by the announcer and stood to polite claps, and
> returned to high fives from the crowd. We wore some very cool black
> and white matching uniforms, some of us put eye black on, and we spent
> the second half drinking many many beers and enjoying the football
> game.
>
> MJ

Best post I've read on RSD in some time. Thanks for sharing that with
the rest of us.
-Ben
Re: WHATS THE BEST SHOWCASED GAME OF ALL TIME [message #26697 is a reply to message #26638] Thu, 04 June 2009 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chefdisc
Messages: 14
Registered: January 2009
Junior Member
I can't even put into words how much I love/hate this thread.

Starts off with a legitimate and thought provoking post.

What's the Best Showcase game of all time?

That's a great line that might even pull many younger players to read
about some of the great games that have been showcased over the years.
With the interest of reading about some of my old school friends and
fellow competitors I clicked on it and started reading.

So the great minds of rec.disc weigh in and....

AS USUAL,

after a few posts begin the embarrassingly ignorant comments and slurs
you guys hurl at each other
(With the exception being the Great Matty J's always sane and
informative post)

Some of you guys post fierce critiques of the UPA and constantly
bemoan the current state of the game and feel free to post your
opinions
almost everyday and I usually read most of them.
I love the idea of refzervers, agree with the inadequete marketing of
the sport and many many other ideas I have seen floated here.
But hear me out.
Can you even imagine any legitimate body of people (college programs,
sports networks, other media, influential people etc..)
you may oneday reach out to, in order to further promote the sport,
doing a background check and discovering the reams of inflammatory
curses, threats and other incredibly childish crap you have dribbled
out of your mouths on this site over the years.
Can you imagine if the Ultimate Community somehow let one of you be at
the forefront of an effort to approach one of these legitimate bodies.
Think about it? How could you represent the Ultimate community with
years of online posts calling people such things, threats etc..?

Nobody will care about any of the showcase games in the history of the
game as long as there continues to be
a bunch of you guys who, despite been excellent competitors and having
some really good ideas about how and where to take the sport to the
next level, post your own very ignorant, divisive and negative
personal feelings, and then gpoing on and on trying to justify why you
can call someone a faggot or queer or any other such name as you see
fit to rage.
If you want to curse at each other why oh why don't you call each
other directly and refrain yourselves from poisoning a perfectly
decent thread.
And don't get me wrong, my local vocabulary consists of plenty of,
oh... let's say strong language.
I just don't write it down for the world to see because the intent
gets lost.
It's a matter of tasteful expression when you are trying to reach the
masses.
All the best.


Someday this war's gonna end.

DC
Brooklyn Ultimate since 77'
Re: WHATS THE BEST SHOWCASED GAME OF ALL TIME [message #26708 is a reply to message #26697] Thu, 04 June 2009 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ulticritic
Messages: 8204
Registered: April 2009
Senior Member
On Jun 4, 2:05 pm, chefd...@yahoo.com wrote:
> informative post)
>
> Some of you guys post fierce critiques of the UPA and constantly
> bemoan the current state of the game and feel free to post your
> opinions
> almost everyday and I usually read most of them.
> I love the idea of refzervers, agree with the inadequete marketing of
> the sport and many many other ideas I have seen floated here.
> But hear me out.
> Can you even imagine any legitimate body of people (college programs,
> sports networks, other media, influential people etc..)
> you may oneday reach out to, in order to further promote the sport,
>  doing a background check and discovering the reams of inflammatory
> curses, threats and other incredibly childish crap you have dribbled
> out of your mouths on this site over the years.
> Can you imagine if the Ultimate Community somehow let one of you be at
> the forefront of an effort to approach one of these legitimate bodies.
> Think about it? How could you represent the Ultimate community with
> years of online posts calling people such things, threats etc..?


the same way i run and represent myself a succesful business that i
currently own.........and deal with lots of different professional
people on a daily basis. which would be sucessfully
------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------
>
> Nobody will care about any of the showcase games in the history of the
> game as long as there continues to be
> a bunch of you guys who, despite been excellent competitors and having
> some really good ideas about how and where to take the sport to the
> next level, post your own very ignorant, divisive and negative
> personal feelings, and then gpoing on and on trying to justify why you
> can call someone a faggot or queer or any other such name as you see
> fit to rage.

do you really think someone would go as far as to search some google
group to do a backround check prior to a business transaction.
------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------
> If you want to curse at each other why oh why don't you call each
> other directly and refrain yourselves from poisoning a perfectly
> decent thread.

or you could simply ignore it. like seth mcfar.....i mean peter
suggested you do on fg the other night.
------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------
> And don't get me wrong, my local vocabulary consists of plenty of,
> oh... let's say strong language.
> I just don't write it down for the world to see because the intent
> gets lost.

dats yo biizzzzzzness
--------------------------------------------------------
> It's a matter of tasteful expression when you are trying to reach the
> masses.

but isnt taste subjective?
--------------------------------------------

> Someday this war's gonna end.

that will be when the sport gets refs i'd say
Re: WHATS THE BEST SHOWCASED GAME OF ALL TIME [message #26728 is a reply to message #26708] Thu, 04 June 2009 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
namenzies
Messages: 8
Registered: June 2009
Junior Member
I thought the Open Finals at Worlds in Vancouver last summer was
pretty good. There were maybe 5,000+ people watching in a stadium who
were there for the game and into it. The cheering was so loud we had
to relay calling lines down the field, and had to yell just to call
our plays and such while on the line, and while there were probably a
few more people cheering for Canada, the USA cheering was really loud
as well, so it was pretty entertaining. The starting lines were
introduced over loudspeakers, as the individuals ran onto the field.
There was a massive lit scoreboard. The game was broadcast live and I
think free on the internet with commentators who knew pretty much
everyone's name. The game had very few overall calls, and maybe only
one or two bad calls. The level of play was super high - very few
crappy turns, super athletic plays, big hucks and patient cycling.
Furious/Canada vs Sockeye is the best rivalry going these days, in my
opinion. There were hot tubs on the sidelines for the hippies. There
was beer in the stands. The teams had good looking uniforms. Oh, and
then we won which was pretty sweet too, followed by 18 hours of
straight party and a pretty hilarious collection of players ripping my
house apart for the after-party.
Previous Topic:CHALLENGE MY BRUTE
Next Topic:REASONS WHY, AS PER BLW, THE MOST MARKETABLE WAY TO MARKET ULTIMATE/A SPORT IS NOT THE MOST FUN WA
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Feb 20 00:26:35 PST 2020
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.0RC2.
Copyright ©2001-2009 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software