Forum Search:
RSD No Spam
rec.sport.disc without the spam


Home » RSD » RSD Posts » Open seeding
Open seeding [message #2332] Mon, 13 October 2008 05:57 Go to next message
bcstout
Messages: 9
Registered: October 2008
Junior Member
Well, Doublewide, you guys screwed up seeding again. Way to go. This
leaves some serious confusion between 4 and 11 - the last five seem
relatively clear, as do the top three. In between: chaos. A first
stab:

1) Sockeye
2) Bravo
3) Ironside
4) Revolver (complicated seed, 4-6 could be switched easily. These
have the advantage of avoiding regional matchups in first round)
5) GOAT
6) Ring
7) Jam
8) Sub Zero (very mixed season, but hard to put them much lower)
9) Doublewide
10) Chain
11) Condors
12) Truck Stop
13) Machine
14) Bodhi
15) PoNY
16) El Diablo

This gives:
1) Sockeye 2) Bravo 3) Ironside 4) Revolver
8) Sub Zero 7) Jam 6) Ring 5) GOAT
9) Doublewide 10) Chain 11) Condors 12) Truck
16) El Diablo 15) PoNY 14) Bodhi 13) Machine

Should be exciting.
Re: Open seeding [message #2336 is a reply to message #2332] Mon, 13 October 2008 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spacejb
Messages: 50
Registered: October 2008
Member
On Oct 13, 6:57 am, bcst...@gmail.com wrote:
> Well, Doublewide, you guys screwed up seeding again.  Way to go.  This
> leaves some serious confusion between 4 and 11 - the last five seem
> relatively clear, as do the top three.  In between: chaos.  A first
> stab:
>
> 1)      Sockeye
> 2)      Bravo
> 3)      Ironside
> 4)      Revolver (complicated seed, 4-6 could be switched easily.  These
> have the advantage of avoiding regional matchups in first round)
> 5)      GOAT
> 6)      Ring
> 7)      Jam
> 8)      Sub Zero (very mixed season, but hard to put them much lower)
> 9)      Doublewide
> 10)     Chain
> 11)     Condors
> 12)     Truck Stop
> 13)     Machine
> 14)     Bodhi
> 15)     PoNY
> 16)     El Diablo
>
> This gives:
> 1) Sockeye                2) Bravo        3) Ironside       4) Revolver
> 8) Sub Zero               7) Jam           6) Ring            5) GOAT
> 9) Doublewide           10) Chain       11) Condors     12) Truck
> 16) El Diablo             15) PoNY      14) Bodhi         13) Machine
>
> Should be exciting.

This doesn't seem right, I don't think Revolver should be so high, nor
Chain so low. But I play coed so I'm probably off base.
That's some serious NW philatio there my man.
JB
Re: Open seeding [message #2338 is a reply to message #2332] Mon, 13 October 2008 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trtripoli
Messages: 18
Registered: October 2008
Junior Member
On Oct 13, 6:57 am, bcst...@gmail.com wrote:
> Well, Doublewide, you guys screwed up seeding again.  Way to go.  This
> leaves some serious confusion between 4 and 11 - the last five seem
> relatively clear, as do the top three.  In between: chaos.  A first
> stab:
>
> 1)      Sockeye
> 2)      Bravo
> 3)      Ironside
> 4)      Revolver (complicated seed, 4-6 could be switched easily.  These
> have the advantage of avoiding regional matchups in first round)
> 5)      GOAT
> 6)      Ring
> 7)      Jam
> 8)      Sub Zero (very mixed season, but hard to put them much lower)
> 9)      Doublewide
> 10)     Chain
> 11)     Condors
> 12)     Truck Stop
> 13)     Machine
> 14)     Bodhi
> 15)     PoNY
> 16)     El Diablo
>
> This gives:
> 1) Sockeye                2) Bravo        3) Ironside       4) Revolver
> 8) Sub Zero               7) Jam           6) Ring            5) GOAT
> 9) Doublewide           10) Chain       11) Condors     12) Truck
> 16) El Diablo             15) PoNY      14) Bodhi         13) Machine
>
> Should be exciting.

Pools are reversed snaked at nationals
Pool a:1, 8, 12, 13
Pool b: 2, 7, 11 14
Pool c: 3, 6, 10, 15
Pool d: 4, 5, 9, 16
Re: Open seeding [message #2340 is a reply to message #2338] Mon, 13 October 2008 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trtripoli
Messages: 18
Registered: October 2008
Junior Member
On Oct 13, 8:03 am, trtrip...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Oct 13, 6:57 am, bcst...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > Well, Doublewide, you guys screwed up seeding again.  Way to go.  This
> > leaves some serious confusion between 4 and 11 - the last five seem
> > relatively clear, as do the top three.  In between: chaos.  A first
> > stab:
>
> > 1)      Sockeye
> > 2)      Bravo
> > 3)      Ironside
> > 4)      Revolver (complicated seed, 4-6 could be switched easily.  These
> > have the advantage of avoiding regional matchups in first round)
> > 5)      GOAT
> > 6)      Ring
> > 7)      Jam
> > 8)      Sub Zero (very mixed season, but hard to put them much lower)
> > 9)      Doublewide
> > 10)     Chain
> > 11)     Condors
> > 12)     Truck Stop
> > 13)     Machine
> > 14)     Bodhi
> > 15)     PoNY
> > 16)     El Diablo
>
> > This gives:
> > 1) Sockeye                2) Bravo        3) Ironside       4) Revolver
> > 8) Sub Zero               7) Jam           6) Ring            5) GOAT
> > 9) Doublewide           10) Chain       11) Condors     12) Truck
> > 16) El Diablo             15) PoNY      14) Bodhi         13) Machine
>
> > Should be exciting.
>
> Pools are reversed snaked at nationals
> Pool a:1, 8, 12, 13
> Pool b: 2, 7, 11 14
> Pool c: 3, 6, 10, 15
> Pool d:  4, 5, 9, 16- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

I stand corrected, club nationals is the normal snake format.
Re: Open seeding [message #2367 is a reply to message #2332] Mon, 13 October 2008 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kazan
Messages: 207
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
I think you have overseed Jam here. They are 0-1 against Chain, they
are 0-1 against Truck Stop, and they are 1-2 against Condors. To me,
I would put them underneath truck stop.

GOAT also seems a bit high. Losses to Sub Zero, Condors, Chain... but
they get the seeding nod above those teams? I think I disagree with
you there.
Re: Open seeding [message #2370 is a reply to message #2340] Mon, 13 October 2008 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dar
Messages: 86
Registered: September 2008
Member
1)      Sockeye
2)      Bravo
3)      Ironside
4)      Ring (head to head over revolver at Labor Day)
5)      Revolver
6)      GOAT
7)      Doublewide
8)      Chain (i know DW screws things up, but you can't really drop
Cahin below 8th in my opinion, and i can't argue seeding DW too much
higher)
9)      Jam (thought about switching with SZ here to avoid region
rematch)
10)     Sub Zero
11)     Condors
12)     Truck Stop
13)     Machine
14)     Bodhi
15)     PoNY
16)     El Diablo

This gives:
1) Sockeye                 2) Bravo       3) Ironside       4) Ring
8) Chain               7) DW          6) GOAT           5)
Revolver
9) Jam          10) Sub Zero 11) Condors     12) Truck
16) El Diablo             15) PoNY      14) Bodhi         13) Machine


dar
Re: Open seeding [message #2371 is a reply to message #2370] Mon, 13 October 2008 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Handy
Messages: 79
Registered: September 2008
Member
On Oct 13, 9:36 am, dar <minor_ch...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>  1)      Sockeye
>  2)      Bravo
>  3)      Ironside
>  4)      Ring (head to head over revolver at Labor Day)
>  5)      Revolver
>  6)      GOAT
>  7)      Doublewide
>  8)      Chain (i know DW screws things up, but you can't really drop
> Cahin below 8th in my opinion, and i can't argue seeding DW too much
> higher)
>  9)      Jam (thought about switching with SZ here to avoid region
> rematch)
> 10)     Sub Zero
> 11)     Condors
> 12)     Truck Stop
>  13)     Machine
>  14)     Bodhi
> 15)     PoNY
> 16)     El Diablo
>
> This gives:
>  1) Sockeye                 2) Bravo       3) Ironside         4) Ring
>  8) Chain                     7) DW          6) GOAT           5)
> Revolver
>  9) Jam                      10) Sub Zero 11) Condors     12) Truck
>  16) El Diablo             15) PoNY      14) Bodhi         13) Machine
>
> dar

I realize that seeding shouldn't be done in relation to regional
matchups, and when it's only one rematch I don't see any problem fine,
but having Ironside, GOAT and Bodhi in the same pool doesn't seem to
make sense to me. That's only one game outside the region before
power pools...

-Handy
Re: Open seeding [message #2374 is a reply to message #2371] Mon, 13 October 2008 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
blw
Messages: 135
Registered: October 2008
Senior Member
Here is the link to all of the Open scores (I am fairly sure this
works)....should be available soon on the Score Reporter, I would
think.

http://tinyurl.com/49yqaj
Re: Open seeding [message #2417 is a reply to message #2374] Mon, 13 October 2008 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rdelcasino
Messages: 65
Registered: October 2008
Member
On Oct 13, 1:00 pm, blw <benlwigg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here is the link to all of the Open scores (I am fairly sure this
> works)....should be available soon on the Score Reporter, I would
> think.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/49yqa

Hmm this is a toughy.

Regardless I have some predictions,

Chain breaks seed regardless of where they are seeded to go 2-1 in
whatever pool theyre in unless pool d which I think they'd take 3-0.
Other than that teams like Bodhi and PoNY I think have good potential
for upsets. Semis will be Sockeye, Chain, Ironside, and Bravo. It is
unlikely Sockeye will lose, I'd venture to say a repeat of last years
finals.
Re: Open seeding [message #2454 is a reply to message #2332] Mon, 13 October 2008 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
muffin
Messages: 35
Registered: October 2008
Member
1)      Sockeye - Nord > All
2)      Bravo - Beau > Nord
3)      Ironside - Gibson < Beau
4)      Revolver - Stanford < Gibson
5)     Jam - Bort < Stanford
6)      Sub Zero - Hodags > Stanford
7)      GOAT - Canada < Furious
8)      Ring - North Carolina < Mike Gerics
9)      Doublewide - Texas < Georgia
10)    Chain - Zip > Dylan
11)    Truck Stop - George > DLK
12)    Condors - Dugan < Banana Slugs
13)    Machine - Hensley > Georgia Tech
14)    Bodhi - Amherst > CUT
15)    PoNY - BVH < Financial Crisis
16)    El Diablo - NE > South

This should clear things up
Re: Open seeding [message #2457 is a reply to message #2454] Mon, 13 October 2008 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jay Schulkin
Messages: 48
Registered: September 2008
Member
http://www1.upa.org/scores/scores.cgi?div=124&page=3& ;tourn=5217

Can anyone explain what the "Total" column represents? I can't figure
it out.
thanks
Re: Open seeding [message #2461 is a reply to message #2336] Mon, 13 October 2008 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
moremailforscott
Messages: 115
Registered: October 2008
Senior Member
> > This gives:
> > 1) Sockeye                2) Bravo        3) Ironside       4) Revolver
> > 8) Sub Zero               7) Jam           6) Ring            5) GOAT
> > 9) Doublewide           10) Chain       11) Condors     12) Truck
> > 16) El Diablo             15) PoNY      14) Bodhi         13) Machine
>
> This doesn't seem right, I don't think Revolver should be so high, nor
> Chain so low. But I play coed so I'm probably off base.
> That's some serious NW philatio there my man.

Fer sure. When was the last time TWO northwest open teams made it to
semis, huh? Oh yeah, that's right. Like, always.

Are you suggesting that after beating both Furious and Jam, the second
NW team shouldn't be seeded in the top 4, just because they're not
Furious or Jam?
Re: Open seeding [message #2463 is a reply to message #2457] Mon, 13 October 2008 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aclement
Messages: 62
Registered: October 2008
Member
On Oct 13, 11:33 pm, Jay Schulkin <Jay.Schul...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www1.upa.org/scores/scores.cgi?div=124&page=3& ;tourn=5217
>
> Can anyone explain what the "Total" column represents? I can't figure
> it out.
> thanks

Rodney sets up the program to do a 16 team round robin. The total
number is the number of pairwise matchups that the team won. The 14:1
next to sockey, ironside, and bravo indicate that they won 14
matchups, which resulted in a 3 way tie. Out of those 3 teams, they
each won one matchup. The 05 at the end of doublewide's line
indicated that they won matchups against 5 teams, the 03:0 next to
pony indicates they won matchups with 3 teams, and then 0 matchups in
the resulting 3 way tie.

After the full set of round robins is done, the teams are sorted by
the number of matchups they won.... I'm sure Rodney will drop by
later with more details :)
Re: Open seeding [message #2464 is a reply to message #2457] Mon, 13 October 2008 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aclement
Messages: 62
Registered: October 2008
Member
On Oct 13, 11:33 pm, Jay Schulkin <Jay.Schul...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www1.upa.org/scores/scores.cgi?div=124&page=3& ;tourn=5217
>
> Can anyone explain what the "Total" column represents? I can't figure
> it out.
> thanks

Rodney sets up the program to do a 16 team round robin. The total
number is the number of pairwise matchups that the team won. The 14:1
next to sockey, ironside, and bravo indicate that they won 14
matchups, which resulted in a 3 way tie. Out of those 3 teams, they
each won one matchup. The 05 at the end of doublewide's line
indicated that they won matchups against 5 teams, the 03:0 next to
pony indicates they won matchups with 3 teams, and then 0 matchups in
the resulting 3 way tie.

After the full set of round robins is done, the teams are sorted by
the number of matchups they won.... I'm sure Rodney will drop by
later with more details :)
Re: Open seeding [message #2494 is a reply to message #2464] Tue, 14 October 2008 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jacob
Messages: 576
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
"Are you suggesting that after beating both Furious and Jam, the
second NW team shouldn't be seeded in the top 4, just because they're
not Furious or Jam?"

Normally, no, but this particular NW team lost Danny Karlinsky to the
Condors. A loss of epic proportions. The man is a thrower, a
receiver, a defender, a chef, a fashion model, a scholar, a
humanitarian, and occasional gigolo.
Re: Open seeding [message #2510 is a reply to message #2461] Tue, 14 October 2008 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aghesquiere
Messages: 36
Registered: October 2008
Member
Here's a different take with some justifications for discussion...
-Sockeye, Bravo, Ironside are the easy top 3.
-There are 3 contenders for the 4/5 spot - Goat, Ring, & Revolver with
Jam and Chain dropping due to Regionals losses and the rest of the
field having lost to these 3. Since the order of Goat, Ring, Revolver
is unclear I'd suggest the regional rematch between Boston/Goat and
Jam/Revolver is avoided and the seeding goes Revolver - Goat. The
order of Jam/Ring is vague since there is no head-to-head, but should
probably go to Jam since they have a better RRI and were semi-
finalists last year.
-The contenders for the next spot are Subzero, Doublewide, Chain,
Truckstop. Subzero has a win over Doublewide, who has to be seeded
above Chain who has two wins over Subzero. Complicated. Subzero,
Truckstop and Chain were all quarters teams last year but Truckstop
has two losses to the condors and worse RRI than Doublewide so
probably fall out here. I think the regional rematch concern is
trumped by the strength of Chain and the seeding ought to go
Doublewide-Chain-Subzero.
-The rest is easy with head-to-heads and regional results supporting
it - I'm swapping Pony and El Diablo for regional reasons since they
have no head-to-head.

1) Sockeye 2) Bravo 3) Ironside 4) Revolver
8) Doublewide 7) Ring 6) Jam 5) GOAT
9) Chain 10) Subzero 11) Condors 12) Truck
16) PoNY 15) El Diablo 14) Bodhi 13) Machine

On Oct 13, 9:58 pm, "moremailforsc...@yahoo.com"
<moremailforsc...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > This gives:
> > > 1) Sockeye                2) Bravo        3) Ironside       4) Revolver
> > > 8) Sub Zero               7) Jam           6) Ring            5) GOAT
> > > 9) Doublewide           10) Chain       11) Condors     12) Truck
> > > 16) El Diablo             15) PoNY      14) Bodhi         13) Machine
>
> > This doesn't seem right, I don't think Revolver should be so high, nor
> > Chain so low. But I play coed so I'm probably off base.
> > That's some serious NW philatio there my man.
>
> Fer sure.  When was the last time TWO northwest open teams made it to
> semis, huh?  Oh yeah, that's right. Like, always.
>
> Are you suggesting that after beating both Furious and Jam, the second
> NW team shouldn't be seeded in the top 4, just because they're not
> Furious or Jam?
Re: Open seeding [message #2530 is a reply to message #2510] Tue, 14 October 2008 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MD
Messages: 98
Registered: September 2008
Member
This is what happens when you're bored at work:

1. Truck Stop ..... who has a win over
2. Machine ..... who has a win over
3. Bodhi ..... who has a win over
4. PoNY ..... who has a win over
5. Doublewide ..... who has a win over
6. Chain ..... who has a win over
7. Condors ..... who has a win over
8. Jam ..... who has a win over
9. Revolver ..... who has a win over
10. Sub Zero ..... who has a win over
11. GOAT ..... who has a win over
12. Ring ..... who has a win over
13. Bravo ..... who has a win over
14. Ironside ..... who has a win over
15. Sockeye ..... who has a win over
1. Truck Stop
Re: Open seeding [message #2540 is a reply to message #2530] Tue, 14 October 2008 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jim Mallon
Messages: 130
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
On Oct 14, 11:49 am, MD <themongodogw...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> This is what happens when you're bored at work:
>
> 1. Truck Stop ..... who has a win over
> 2. Machine ..... who has a win over
> 3. Bodhi ..... who has a win over
> 4. PoNY ..... who has a win over
> 5. Doublewide ..... who has a win over
> 6. Chain ..... who has a win over
> 7. Condors ..... who has a win over
> 8. Jam ..... who has a win over
> 9. Revolver ..... who has a win over
> 10. Sub Zero ..... who has a win over
> 11. GOAT ..... who has a win over
> 12. Ring ..... who has a win over
> 13. Bravo ..... who has a win over
> 14. Ironside ..... who has a win over
> 15. Sockeye ..... who has a win over
> 1. Truck Stop

How zen.

No one's a champion ~ everyone's a champion.
Re: Open seeding [message #2550 is a reply to message #2540] Tue, 14 October 2008 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jacob
Messages: 576
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
I do believe Red Tide from Maine won the World Championship back in
1998.
Re: Open seeding [message #3100 is a reply to message #2454] Thu, 16 October 2008 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joaqman
Messages: 115
Registered: October 2008
Senior Member
On Oct 13, 9:02 pm, muffin <bjmale...@wisc.edu> wrote:
> 11)    Truck Stop   - George > DLK
> 12)    Condors       - Dugan < Banana Slugs
>
> This should clear things up

I think you meant:
11) Truck Stop - Big Stout > Dugan
12) Condors - DLK < George (GVP)
Re: Open seeding [message #3106 is a reply to message #2336] Thu, 16 October 2008 06:47 Go to previous message
wix
Messages: 34
Registered: October 2008
Member
>
> This doesn't seem right, I don't think Revolver should be so high, nor
> Chain so low. But I play coed so I'm probably off base.
> That's some serious NW philatio there my man.
> JB


for future reference, it's spelled fellatio. this could become
important if you continue to play coed.
Previous Topic:What do YOU think?
Next Topic:The UPA responds to Cultimate's Conference1 idea
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Apr 1 12:36:43 PDT 2020
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.0RC2.
Copyright ©2001-2009 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software