Forum Search:
RSD No Spam
rec.sport.disc without the spam


Home » RSD » RSD Posts » Sorry Florida
Re: Sorry Florida [message #22607 is a reply to message #22602] Sun, 03 May 2009 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jim Mallon
Messages: 130
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
On May 3, 11:31 am, ageric...@yahoo.com wrote:
> > I would vote that spitting on someone is worse. There's lots of germs
> > and stuff in a loogie. Plus it's like you don't even respect someone
> > enough to waste the effort of punching them.
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> ---yes.
> however...it wasn't even 'good' spit.
> drymouth foam really...probably not as many germs as i would have
> liked.
> less respect to spit than punch?????....ok....i agree....and that's
> probably about right.
>
> we're joking a bit here...right?
> good.

"Drymouth foam." Yet another reason to stay hydrated, dude. Punching
can harm the throwing hand, as well.
Re: Sorry Florida [message #22613 is a reply to message #22607] Sun, 03 May 2009 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agerics20
Messages: 8115
Registered: October 2008
Senior Member
> "Drymouth foam."  Yet another reason to stay hydrated, dude. Punching
> can harm the throwing hand, as well.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


---yes.
Re: Sorry Florida [message #22621 is a reply to message #22570] Sun, 03 May 2009 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dar
Messages: 86
Registered: September 2008
Member
On May 3, 10:08 am, ulticri...@live.com wrote:
> On May 2, 8:03 pm, dar <minor_ch...@hotmail.com> wrote:.
>
> > i guess i was assumin' you were usin' google and pagin' back is a
> > little easier.  maybe not what you were doin', but still, ask a
> > nurse.
>
> first off, if i had a nurse, getting her to show me how to navagate
> rsd is the last hing that would be on my mind.  second, i was just
> checkin to see what your reply to my contention that you were just too
> much of a pup to see any real ulti if you missed out on old school
> nyny.  When did you start playin ulti again?

i played lacrosse for the first few years of college before tearin' my
kidney in half. sat out a year of sports to heal, then started playin
ultimate to get back in shape for lacrosse. so, let's see....started
playin' in '98 i believe. too young for the nyny years. didn't care
about boston either. there's nothin' to contend here.

dar.
Re: Sorry Florida [message #22624 is a reply to message #22570] Sun, 03 May 2009 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jondorty17
Messages: 15
Registered: April 2009
Junior Member
On May 3, 11:08 am, ulticri...@live.com wrote:
> On May 2, 8:03 pm, dar <minor_ch...@hotmail.com> wrote:.
>
> > i guess i was assumin' you were usin' google and pagin' back is a
> > little easier.  maybe not what you were doin', but still, ask a
> > nurse.
>
> first off, if i had a nurse, getting her to show me how to navagate
> rsd is the last hing that would be on my mind.  second, i was just
> checkin to see what your reply to my contention that you were just too
> much of a pup to see any real ulti if you missed out on old school
> nyny.  When did you start playin ulti again?

This is your life people!
Re: Sorry Florida [message #22627 is a reply to message #22575] Sun, 03 May 2009 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joe Seidler
Messages: 482
Registered: September 2008
Location: San Francisco
Senior Member
On May 3, 9:18 am, ulticri...@live.com wrote:
> On May 3, 10:54 am, jacob <jacobsi...@gmail.com> wrote:.
>
> > Joe, speaking of grammar, I think you mean "matches," not "match."
> > Sorry, I couldn't resist.
>
> OUCH!!!  and dont forget to critique him on his contention too jake.
> I mean he's pretty much deamonizing ANYBODY that plays a sport, even
> on an amature level, just because that sport is also played
> professionally too.  Or at the least he is elevating ultimate players
> to be "above" or "better" than athletes of other sports.  And as jerry
> seinfeld explained to his lil buddy gc when making comparisons with
> ted dansin......"your worse........much, much worse"

May I suggest you read my words and not impress your "story" on top of
them:
> > I am also proud of the great Ultimate athletes who play
> > purely for the enjoyment and will to win with no financial gain
> > whatsoever

At no time do I denigrate other athletes in any sport. You decided
that by lauding Ultimate players because they play without the reward
of money, that I meant something more. You and I obviously do not
agree on almost anything, but it is of no help for either of us to
"make up" meanings of what the other posted with no support for your
contention. Sports that pay their athletes are great. But I give
Ultimate players who spend 6 months of their lives practicing and
giving up much of their social and family lives to try to play the
sport as best they can a lot of praise. It is inspiring to me.
Re: Sorry Florida [message #22628 is a reply to message #22552] Sun, 03 May 2009 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joe Seidler
Messages: 482
Registered: September 2008
Location: San Francisco
Senior Member
On May 3, 7:54 am, jacob <jacobsi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Joe, speaking of grammar, I think you mean "matches," not "match."
> Sorry, I couldn't resist.

You're right...
Re: Sorry Florida [message #22629 is a reply to message #22574] Sun, 03 May 2009 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joe Seidler
Messages: 482
Registered: September 2008
Location: San Francisco
Senior Member
On May 3, 9:13 am, ulticri...@live.com wrote:
> On May 3, 12:57 am, Joe Seidler <j...@seidler.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > On May 2, 4:34 pm, ulticri...@live.com wrote:
>
> > > On May 2, 4:34 pm, Joe Seidler <j...@seidler.com> wrote:
>
> > > > I am also proud of the great Ultimate athletes who play
> > > > purely for the enjoyment and will to win with no financial gain
> > > > whatsoever
>
> > > thas gotta be about the stupidest thing ive ever read.  Hey joe, have
> > > you ever seen that college ad campaign where the college athletes talk
> > > about what % of em go pro in something "other than sports".  How in
> > > the FUCK do you get the ego to think that your son and his ultimate
> > > fribee playin friends are any better than people that compete in other
> > > sports on an amature level.  you are one fucked up dude.
>
> > > THIS is the problem with the mentality of the spirit zealot in a
> > > nutshell.
>
> > The content of your posts match their grammar and spelling.
>
> thats the best comeback ya got??????  i like how you convieniently
> DONT address mine or petersons analogy with amature athletes that play
> a wide variety of other sports.  could it be that you realize the
> error in your thinking and rather that continue the debate or eat crow
> you resort to critisizing my grammar?  seriously joe......dot ya thin
> you are taking the easy way out here.  man up and justify your insane
> contention!!!!  dont make me call ya a lil pussy

Seriously toad, do you even know what "analogy" means?
Re: Sorry Florida [message #22633 is a reply to message #22596] Sun, 03 May 2009 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ulticritic
Messages: 8204
Registered: April 2009
Senior Member
On May 3, 2:00 pm, Jim Mallon <El_Horn...@charter.net> wrote:
> On May 2, 4:22 pm, dar <minor_ch...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On May 2, 11:53 am, ulticri...@live.com wrote:
>
> > > i think punchin someones worse.......it would sure hurt worse.
> > > really, whats a little spit.  you swap spit with your wife all the
> > > time.
>
> > spittin's probably worse.  i've been punched in a game, the duder was
> > suspended for at least one year and i think two even.  it certainly
> > didn't hurt and it was laughable really.  had he spit in my face, i
> > assure you it would have bene a much different story and we'd both
> > have been suspended.  there's more to the story but it's not relavant
> > here so i won't post about it.
>
> > dar.
>
> I would vote that spitting on someone is worse. There's lots of germs
> and stuff in a loogie. Plus it's like you don't even respect someone
> enough to waste the effort of punching them.

so you just spit back, right? i would think punching someone is
punnishible by law too.......if spitting on someone isnt, how could it
be worse?
Re: Sorry Florida [message #22635 is a reply to message #22621] Sun, 03 May 2009 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ulticritic
Messages: 8204
Registered: April 2009
Senior Member
On May 3, 3:36 pm, dar <minor_ch...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On May 3, 10:08 am, ulticri...@live.com wrote:
>
> > On May 2, 8:03 pm, dar <minor_ch...@hotmail.com> wrote:.
>
> > > i guess i was assumin' you were usin' google and pagin' back is a
> > > little easier.  maybe not what you were doin', but still, ask a
> > > nurse.
>
> > first off, if i had a nurse, getting her to show me how to navagate
> > rsd is the last hing that would be on my mind.  second, i was just
> > checkin to see what your reply to my contention that you were just too
> > much of a pup to see any real ulti if you missed out on old school
> > nyny.  When did you start playin ulti again?
>
> i played lacrosse for the first few years of college before tearin' my
> kidney in half. sat out a year of sports to heal, then started playin
> ultimate to get back in shape for lacrosse.  so, let's see....started
> playin' in '98 i believe.  too young for the nyny years.  didn't care
> about boston either.  there's nothin' to contend here.
>
> dar.

sure there is.....its that youve just been exposed to a form of
ultimate where the "player just dont have any edge". floridas
obviously got an edge to em.......and you dont like that. thats my
contention anyways.
Re: Sorry Florida [message #22648 is a reply to message #22627] Sun, 03 May 2009 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jondorty17
Messages: 15
Registered: April 2009
Junior Member
On May 3, 3:19 pm, Joe Seidler <j...@seidler.com> wrote:
> On May 3, 9:18 am, ulticri...@live.com wrote:
>
> > On May 3, 10:54 am, jacob <jacobsi...@gmail.com> wrote:.
>
> > > Joe, speaking of grammar, I think you mean "matches," not "match."
> > > Sorry, I couldn't resist.
>
> > OUCH!!!  and dont forget to critique him on his contention too jake.
> > I mean he's pretty much deamonizing ANYBODY that plays a sport, even
> > on an amature level, just because that sport is also played
> > professionally too.  Or at the least he is elevating ultimate players
> > to be "above" or "better" than athletes of other sports.  And as jerry
> > seinfeld explained to his lil buddy gc when making comparisons with
> > ted dansin......"your worse........much, much worse"
>
> May I suggest you read my words and not impress your "story" on top of
> them:
>
> > > I am also proud of the great Ultimate athletes who play
> > > purely for the enjoyment and will to win with no financial gain
> > > whatsoever
>
> At no time do I denigrate other athletes in any sport. You decided
> that by lauding Ultimate players because they play without the reward
> of money, that I meant something more. You and I obviously do not
> agree on almost anything, but it is of no help for either of us to
> "make up" meanings of what the other posted with no support for your
> contention. Sports that pay their athletes are great. But I give
> Ultimate players who spend 6 months of their lives practicing and
> giving up much of their social and family lives to try to play the
> sport as best they can a lot of praise. It is inspiring to me.

If we are on the subject of judging a person by an isolated google
fora post; why is that inspiring? Its actually quite sad given over
one billion of the world's population doesn't even have a light
switch. Personally, I don't understand how us Americans can live with
ourselves. And yes, by wasting my time with frisbee it makes me a
hypocrite, but that doesn't make it right.

-jdo
Re: Sorry Florida [message #22655 is a reply to message #22635] Sun, 03 May 2009 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dar
Messages: 86
Registered: September 2008
Member
On May 3, 2:59 pm, ulticri...@live.com wrote:
> On May 3, 3:36 pm, dar <minor_ch...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > On May 3, 10:08 am, ulticri...@live.com wrote:
>
> > > On May 2, 8:03 pm, dar <minor_ch...@hotmail.com> wrote:.
>
> > > > i guess i was assumin' you were usin' google and pagin' back is a
> > > > little easier.  maybe not what you were doin', but still, ask a
> > > > nurse.
>
> > > first off, if i had a nurse, getting her to show me how to navagate
> > > rsd is the last hing that would be on my mind.  second, i was just
> > > checkin to see what your reply to my contention that you were just too
> > > much of a pup to see any real ulti if you missed out on old school
> > > nyny.  When did you start playin ulti again?
>
> > i played lacrosse for the first few years of college before tearin' my
> > kidney in half. sat out a year of sports to heal, then started playin
> > ultimate to get back in shape for lacrosse.  so, let's see....started
> > playin' in '98 i believe.  too young for the nyny years.  didn't care
> > about boston either.  there's nothin' to contend here.
>
> > dar.
>
> sure there is.....its that youve just been exposed to a form of
> ultimate where the "player just dont have any edge".  floridas
> obviously got an edge to em.......and you dont like that.  thats my
> contention anyways.- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

oh, i like players with an edge. but when they fall from the edge, in
their own pile of shit, it's a great view from up here. so great,
you have a contention, and you're wrong. it's not the first time
you've been wrong. but who's countin'...

dar
Re: Sorry Florida [message #22657 is a reply to message #22648] Sun, 03 May 2009 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dar
Messages: 86
Registered: September 2008
Member
On May 3, 3:43 pm, jondort...@gmail.com wrote:
> On May 3, 3:19 pm, Joe Seidler <j...@seidler.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > On May 3, 9:18 am, ulticri...@live.com wrote:
>
> > > On May 3, 10:54 am, jacob <jacobsi...@gmail.com> wrote:.
>
> > > > Joe, speaking of grammar, I think you mean "matches," not "match."
> > > > Sorry, I couldn't resist.
>
> > > OUCH!!!  and dont forget to critique him on his contention too jake..
> > > I mean he's pretty much deamonizing ANYBODY that plays a sport, even
> > > on an amature level, just because that sport is also played
> > > professionally too.  Or at the least he is elevating ultimate players
> > > to be "above" or "better" than athletes of other sports.  And as jerry
> > > seinfeld explained to his lil buddy gc when making comparisons with
> > > ted dansin......"your worse........much, much worse"
>
> > May I suggest you read my words and not impress your "story" on top of
> > them:
>
> > > > I am also proud of the great Ultimate athletes who play
> > > > purely for the enjoyment and will to win with no financial gain
> > > > whatsoever
>
> > At no time do I denigrate other athletes in any sport. You decided
> > that by lauding Ultimate players because they play without the reward
> > of money, that I meant something more. You and I obviously do not
> > agree on almost anything, but it is of no help for either of us to
> > "make up" meanings of what the other posted with no support for your
> > contention. Sports that pay their athletes are great. But I give
> > Ultimate players who spend 6 months of their lives practicing and
> > giving up much of their social and family lives to try to play the
> > sport as best they can a lot of praise. It is inspiring to me.
>
> If we are on the subject of judging a person by an isolated google
> fora post; why is that inspiring?  Its actually quite sad given over
> one billion of the world's population doesn't even have a light
> switch.  Personally, I don't understand how us Americans can live with
> ourselves.  And yes, by wasting my time with frisbee it makes me a
> hypocrite, but that doesn't make it right.
>
> -jdo- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

then don't live with yourself. don't waste your time. it's easy to
live with yourself if you enjoy what you're doin' with your life.
there's a sayin: live the life ya love, love the life ya live. i'm
enjoyin' mine immensley and on a daily basis. sorry you can't get a
grasp on yours. there are ways out, and help yourself to them.

dar
Re: Sorry Florida [message #22660 is a reply to message #22655] Sun, 03 May 2009 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ulticritic
Messages: 8204
Registered: April 2009
Senior Member
On May 3, 6:33 pm, dar <minor_ch...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> oh, i like players with an edge.

nope, sorry, youre a hater. even your boy blw says so
------------------------------------------------



 but when they fall from the edge, in
> their own pile of shit,

like bravo seems to do every year?
-----------------------------------------------------


it's  a great view from up here.

couldnt agree more
---------------------------------------------------


 so great,
> you have a contention, and you're wrong.  it's not the first time

i happen to think i'm quite right. i think that thin air out ther has
gotten to ya
Re: Sorry Florida [message #22666 is a reply to message #22488] Sun, 03 May 2009 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MrPinto
Messages: 601
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
On May 2, 4:34 pm, ulticri...@live.com wrote:
> On May 2, 4:34 pm, Joe Seidler <j...@seidler.com> wrote:
>
> > I am also proud of the great Ultimate athletes who play
> > purely for the enjoyment and will to win with no financial gain
> > whatsoever
>
> thas gotta be about the stupidest thing ive ever read.  Hey joe, have
> you ever seen that college ad campaign where the college athletes talk
> about what % of em go pro in something "other than sports".  How in
> the FUCK do you get the ego to think that your son and his ultimate
> fribee playin friends are any better than people that compete in other
> sports on an amature level.  you are one fucked up dude.

Toadie, do us all a favor and point out where Joe said that folks who
play frisbee are "better" than people that compete at the am level in
other sports.

"Better." Where does he say "better?" There's no implication there
at all. Straw man, dude.

~p
Re: Sorry Florida [message #22690 is a reply to message #22635] Sun, 03 May 2009 17:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joe Seidler
Messages: 482
Registered: September 2008
Location: San Francisco
Senior Member
On May 3, 1:59 pm, ulticri...@live.com wrote:
> On May 3, 3:36 pm, dar <minor_ch...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > On May 3, 10:08 am, ulticri...@live.com wrote:
>
> > > On May 2, 8:03 pm, dar <minor_ch...@hotmail.com> wrote:.
>
> > > > i guess i was assumin' you were usin' google and pagin' back is a
> > > > little easier.  maybe not what you were doin', but still, ask a
> > > > nurse.
>
> > > first off, if i had a nurse, getting her to show me how to navagate
> > > rsd is the last hing that would be on my mind.  second, i was just
> > > checkin to see what your reply to my contention that you were just too
> > > much of a pup to see any real ulti if you missed out on old school
> > > nyny.  When did you start playin ulti again?
>
> > i played lacrosse for the first few years of college before tearin' my
> > kidney in half. sat out a year of sports to heal, then started playin
> > ultimate to get back in shape for lacrosse.  so, let's see....started
> > playin' in '98 i believe.  too young for the nyny years.  didn't care
> > about boston either.  there's nothin' to contend here.
>
> > dar.
>
> sure there is.....its that youve just been exposed to a form of
> ultimate where the "player just dont have any edge".  floridas
> obviously got an edge to em.......and you dont like that.  thats my
> contention anyways.

Taod, on this point, it's quite clear what the difference is between
your and Gerics' view of sports and the majority of other Ultimate
players who have played against you and commented on rsd:

1. You and Gerics believe there is no limit to what you can do on the
field and sideline if it doesn't break a game rule. That is,
sportsmanship is simply not breaking the written game rules.
2. The majority of Ultimate players that I've seen replying to you and
Gerics on rsd believe sportsmanship is more than the game rules. It
means treating your opponents with respect even while you're trying to
whip their ass in the game.

Every athlete has a line they decide they should not cross while
playing sports. You and Gerics (and some others you have trained over
the years) draw the line in a significantly different place than
most... on the edge if you will. IMO it would seem you do not believe
in, or adhere to, SOTG, which means you are playing a different game
than most Ultimate players:
"Ultimate relies upon a spirit of sportsmanship that places the
responsibility for fair play on the player. Highly competitive play is
encouraged, but never at the expense of mutual respect among
competitors, adherence to the agreed upon rules, or the basic joy of
play."

I'm surprised you and Gerics did not long ago create a new form of
Ultimate in your neck of the woods perhaps called Ultimate Rugby where
much more physical and verbal abuse was allowed. It would be easy to
find refs from the WPBF.
Re: Sorry Florida [message #22697 is a reply to message #22690] Sun, 03 May 2009 17:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agerics20
Messages: 8115
Registered: October 2008
Senior Member
> 1. You and Gerics believe there is no limit to what you can do on the
> field and sideline if it doesn't break a game rule. That is,
> sportsmanship is simply not breaking the written game rules


---yep.....i spit on my hands when i slap fives in the line after
games....
or i don't shake hands at all...
and i shout BOOOOO when the other team does something good...
or i bump knuckles and say things like...."no repsect" in the post
game hand shake line
i "pants" people on the sidelines and then report them to the upa for
playing naked....
i steal all of the marker discs from the fields after games...and make
my team's next opponent cover all the holes again, and then i steal
THEIR discs after the game again....
i shout from the sidelines so that opponents can't hear their play
calls...
i'm a fucking maniac!!!!!!!!
all i try to do is figure out what the rules say are illegal and then
do everything they permit.
like elaine benise from seinfeld...i'm the devil....(i make those
devil horn index fingers on my head all the time)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.
> 2. The majority of Ultimate players that I've seen replying to you and
> Gerics on rsd believe sportsmanship is more than the game rules. It
> means treating your opponents with respect even while you're trying to
> whip their ass in the game.


----oh....see.....i guess that seperates me from this poster......
i would never try to "whip" anyone's "ass".
that's rude...and uncalled for...
i prefer "the battle"....and it's all about respect.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IMO it would seem you do not believe
> in, or adhere to, SOTG, which means you are playing a different game
> than most Ultimate players:


---that's queer.
i've seen some gay ass shit posted....and that's #1.
.....crazy that some folks think that playing by the rules and
encouraging others to do the same makes what we play a 'different
sport'
i don't know what an IMO is....but your opinion is dumber than hell.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> I'm surprised you and Gerics did not long ago create a new form of
> Ultimate in your neck of the woods perhaps called Ultimate Rugby where
> much more physical and verbal abuse was allowed. It would be easy to
> find refs from the WPBF.-


---YEAH>>>>>that'd be cool.
ultimate rugby...that's a great idea....how neat would that be.
no....that's queer.
i play ultimate....i coach it, teach it, encourage it, observe it,
coordinate it, direct it.
you're a fucking goofball for suggesting something that queer.
ultimate IS more physical than you know, i guess...or you haven't seen
it...or you haven't seen me....or you're just grossly illinformed.
try not to be such a fucking tool of a frisbee dad.
my mom used to bring ice cold wet towels to my soccer games when i was
young.....stick to something like that and shut the fuck up....or my
mom will throw a coke on your head like she did some prick during the
college finals in 94 in baton rouge...
Re: Sorry Florida [message #22698 is a reply to message #22690] Sun, 03 May 2009 17:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agerics20
Messages: 8115
Registered: October 2008
Senior Member
> 1. You and Gerics believe there is no limit to what you can do on the
> field and sideline if it doesn't break a game rule. That is,
> sportsmanship is simply not breaking the written game rules.
> 2. The majority of Ultimate players that I've seen replying to you and
> Gerics on rsd believe sportsmanship is more than the game rules. It
> means treating your opponents with respect even while you're trying to
> whip their ass in the game.
>
> Every athlete has a line they decide they should not cross while
> playing sports. You and Gerics (and some others you have trained over
> the years) draw the line in a significantly different place than
> most... on the edge if you will. IMO it would seem you do not believe
> in, or adhere to, SOTG, which means you are playing a different game
> than most Ultimate players:
> "Ultimate relies upon a spirit of sportsmanship that places the
> responsibility for fair play on the player. Highly competitive play is
> encouraged, but never at the expense of mutual respect among
> competitors, adherence to the agreed upon rules, or the basic joy of
> play."
>
> I'm surprised you and Gerics did not long ago create a new form of
> Ultimate in your neck of the woods perhaps called Ultimate Rugby where
> much more physical and verbal abuse was allowed. It would be easy to
> find refs from the WPBF.-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--sorry...what i meant was....

"you're gay"
Re: Sorry Florida [message #22702 is a reply to message #22633] Sun, 03 May 2009 17:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MrPinto
Messages: 601
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
On May 3, 1:51 pm, ulticri...@live.com wrote:
> > I would vote that spitting on someone is worse. There's lots of germs
> > and stuff in a loogie. Plus it's like you don't even respect someone
> > enough to waste the effort of punching them.
>
> so you just spit back, right?  i would think punching someone is
> punnishible by law too.......if spitting on someone isnt, how could it
> be worse?

Toad, this might blow your mind more than the "free country" thing,
but sit in a nice comfy chair, and settle in for this:

Moral standards and legal standards aren't the same thing. In this
particular instance, it's probably moot - I'd imagine that spitting in
someone's face probably IS misdemeanor assault, or something similar.
Even if it weren't though, I think it's "worse."

As a nice counterpoint, yelling and screaming and carrying on in
ultdebates is legal, smoking pot is illegal. If I had to choose, I
would rather that my opponents smoke pot than act like temper
tantruming toddlers. I realize that, if you were my opponent, I
should expect both. Pot smoking harms me none, carrying on is just...
tiresome. So there you have it. Carrying on is less legal but more
of an asshat thing to do.

Punching a dude and spitting in a dude's face are both pretty asshat
things to do. Spitting seems more like something that would be more
likely pre-meditated, I guess. I have no idea what the circumstances
were in Mike's situation though, so I won't comment on that directly.
And a punch would depend on where. A punch in the chest? Definitely
better than spit in the face. A punch in the nuts? Well, that would
be... worse... much much worse...

I'm not guilty of any of these, but if I had to be guilty of one, I'd
rather be guilty of playing a naked point than punching or spitting at
an opponent. I'm not sure that any of them are legal in my state. I
imagine they are not, but I don't need to find out if I don't intend
to do any of them...

~p
Re: Sorry Florida [message #22703 is a reply to message #22635] Sun, 03 May 2009 17:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MrPinto
Messages: 601
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
On May 3, 1:59 pm, ulticri...@live.com wrote:

> sure there is.....its that youve just been exposed to a form of
> ultimate where the "player just dont have any edge".  floridas
> obviously got an edge to em.......and you dont like that.  thats my
> contention anyways.

Toad... have you ever seen Dar at work? I'm not sure that anyone who
had would accuse him of having no "edge..."

~p
Re: Sorry Florida [message #22704 is a reply to message #22690] Sun, 03 May 2009 17:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MrPinto
Messages: 601
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
On May 3, 5:11 pm, Joe Seidler <j...@seidler.com> wrote:

> I'm surprised you and Gerics did not long ago create a new form of
> Ultimate in your neck of the woods perhaps called Ultimate Rugby where
> much more physical and verbal abuse was allowed. It would be easy to
> find refs from the WPBF.

Hey now, there's sportsmanship in Rugby too, let's not associate them
with Toadish behavior. As an alternative, I propose Ultimate: Bush
League.

~p
Re: Sorry Florida [message #22737 is a reply to message #22660] Sun, 03 May 2009 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dar
Messages: 86
Registered: September 2008
Member
alright, if you'll sleep better -- i'm a hater. without an edge. you
fuckin' nailed it. pure genius. washed up, but pure genius. if ben
said it, or implied it even, i'll be sure to lose the sleep tonight
and tomorrow.

you're still livin' in nyny's glory and did you ever play a point with
those guys? nope. hop off their cocks for a second, clean yourself
up a bit, and have some goddamn self respect son. i'm hatin' on you.
let's make this a big deal if we can. break it down sentence by
sentence so your mind can process the info. your former nappy-ass
dreads must have polluted your mind. goddamn delirium.

yep...bravo has failed to bring home a title thus far. you don't here
me bitchin' about that or blamin' anyone do you? when you make a point
that anyone would give a shit about, please let me know. or make a
nyny reference and continue your fellatio of their ways and pass them
off as your own. you're a fuckin' sheep in shepherd's
clothin'...probably why the wolves haven't gotten to you yet.

dar.
Re: Sorry Florida [message #22754 is a reply to message #22737] Sun, 03 May 2009 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ulticritic
Messages: 8204
Registered: April 2009
Senior Member
On May 3, 10:52 pm, dar <minor_ch...@hotmail.com> wrote:,

> alright, if you'll sleep better -- i'm a hater. without an edge.  you
> fuckin' nailed it.  pure genius.  washed up, but pure genius. if ben
> said it, or implied it even, i'll be sure to lose the sleep tonight
> and tomorrow.

you do seem to be wasting significant time bolwin your idiot wind,
so.....
------------------------------------------------------------ ----

>
> you're still livin' in nyny's glory and did you ever play a point with
> those guys?  nope.

how would you know? youde have been around 8 ariund that time right?
------------------------------------------------------------ ---


 hop off their cocks for a second, clean yourself
> up a bit, and have some goddamn self respect son.

..
son? shit....... boy i could be your daddy.
------------------------------------------------------------ ------


> i'm hatin' on you.

you aint got enough hate to handle me
--------------------------------------------------------
> let's make this a big deal if we can.  break it down sentence by
> sentence so your mind can process the info.  your former nappy-ass
> dreads must have polluted your mind.  goddamn delirium.

cute
----------------------------------------------
>
> yep...bravo has failed to bring home a title thus far.  you don't here
> me bitchin' about that or blamin' anyone do you?



nope, just like i didnt hear florida bitchin or blamin, get it jack?
------------------------------------------------------------ -------

when you make a point
> that anyone would give a shit about, please let me know.

you obviously dont spend enough time on my blog here,,,,,,,,people
agree with my shit every day (not your boyfriend punto obviously)
------------------------------------------------------------ ----------



or make a
> nyny reference and continue your fellatio of their ways and pass them
> off as your own.

so i sucked their intensity, hard work and fierce competitiveness)and
maybe win at almost all cost behavior).........and now i'm claiming
that style of play as my own.......even though i credit it as a nyny
style?????? (of which windy city were even bigger assholes than
ny......its just ny was much more of a dynasty......and on the top of
the food chain when the uncw team was forming). anyways, ease up on
the effort big boy, its desperate
------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------


 you're a fuckin' sheep in shepherd's
> clothin'...probably why the wolves haven't gotten to you yet.


now that was clever, hope you didnt hurt your brain thinkin that one
up. but are you impling that you are wolf enough to "get to me". and
what the fuck are you talkin about anyways,,,,,,,i'm the wolf round
here. which would make you and your spirit zealot patrol the pussy
cats!
Re: Sorry Florida [message #22924 is a reply to message #22754] Mon, 04 May 2009 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
david
Messages: 4
Registered: December 2008
Junior Member
wow, this is lame.

popes.

On May 3, 9:54 pm, ulticri...@live.com wrote:
> On May 3, 10:52 pm, dar <minor_ch...@hotmail.com> wrote:,
>
> > alright, if you'll sleep better -- i'm a hater. without an edge.  you
> > fuckin' nailed it.  pure genius.  washed up, but pure genius. if ben
> > said it, or implied it even, i'll be sure to lose the sleep tonight
> > and tomorrow.
>
> you do seem to be wasting significant time bolwin your idiot wind,
> so.....
> ------------------------------------------------------------ ----
>
>
>
> > you're still livin' in nyny's glory and did you ever play a point with
> > those guys?  nope.
>
> how would you know?  youde have been around 8 ariund that time right?
> ------------------------------------------------------------ ---
>
>   hop off their cocks for a second, clean yourself
>
> > up a bit, and have some goddamn self respect son.
>
> .
> son? shit....... boy i could be your daddy.
> ------------------------------------------------------------ ------
>
> > i'm hatin' on you.
>
> you aint got enough hate to handle me
> --------------------------------------------------------
>
> > let's make this a big deal if we can.  break it down sentence by
> > sentence so your mind can process the info.  your former nappy-ass
> > dreads must have polluted your mind.  goddamn delirium.
>
> cute
> ----------------------------------------------
>
>
>
> > yep...bravo has failed to bring home a title thus far.  you don't here
> > me bitchin' about that or blamin' anyone do you?
>
> nope, just like i didnt hear florida bitchin or blamin, get it jack?
> ------------------------------------------------------------ -------
>
>  when you make a point
>
> > that anyone would give a shit about, please let me know.
>
> you obviously dont spend enough time on my blog here,,,,,,,,people
> agree with my shit every day (not your boyfriend punto obviously)
> ------------------------------------------------------------ ----------
>
>  or make a
>
> > nyny reference and continue your fellatio of their ways and pass them
> > off as your own.
>
> so i sucked their intensity, hard work and fierce competitiveness)and
> maybe win at almost all cost behavior).........and now i'm claiming
> that style of play as my own.......even though i credit it as a nyny
> style?????? (of which windy city were even bigger assholes than
> ny......its just ny was much more of a dynasty......and on the top of
> the food chain when the uncw team was forming).  anyways, ease up on
> the effort big boy, its desperate
> ------------------------------------------------------------ --------------- ----------
>
>   you're a fuckin' sheep in shepherd's
>
> > clothin'...probably why the wolves haven't gotten to you yet.
>
> now that was clever, hope you didnt hurt your brain thinkin that one
> up.  but are you impling that you are wolf enough to "get to me".  and
> what the fuck are you talkin about anyways,,,,,,,i'm the wolf round
> here.  which would make you and your spirit zealot patrol the pussy
> cats!
Re: Sorry Florida [message #22925 is a reply to message #22754] Mon, 04 May 2009 15:38 Go to previous message
david
Messages: 4
Registered: December 2008
Junior Member
wow, this is lame.

popes.


On May 3, 9:54 pm, ulticri...@live.com wrote:
> On May 3, 10:52 pm, dar <minor_ch...@hotmail.com> wrote:,
>
> > alright, if you'll sleep better -- i'm a hater. without an edge.  you
> > fuckin' nailed it.  pure genius.  washed up, but pure genius. if ben
> > said it, or implied it even, i'll be sure to lose the sleep tonight
> > and tomorrow.
>
> you do seem to be wasting significant time bolwin your idiot wind,
> so.....
> ------------------------------------------------------------ ----
>
>
>
> > you're still livin' in nyny's glory and did you ever play a point with
> > those guys?  nope.
>
> how would you know?  youde have been around 8 ariund that time right?
> ------------------------------------------------------------ ---
>
>   hop off their cocks for a second, clean yourself
>
> > up a bit, and have some goddamn self respect son.
>
> .
> son? shit....... boy i could be your daddy.
> ------------------------------------------------------------ ------
>
> > i'm hatin' on you.
>
> you aint got enough hate to handle me
> --------------------------------------------------------
>
> > let's make this a big deal if we can.  break it down sentence by
> > sentence so your mind can process the info.  your former nappy-ass
> > dreads must have polluted your mind.  goddamn delirium.
>
> cute
> ----------------------------------------------
>
>
>
> > yep...bravo has failed to bring home a title thus far.  you don't here
> > me bitchin' about that or blamin' anyone do you?
>
> nope, just like i didnt hear florida bitchin or blamin, get it jack?
> ------------------------------------------------------------ -------
>
>  when you make a point
>
> > that anyone would give a shit about, please let me know.
>
> you obviously dont spend enough time on my blog here,,,,,,,,people
> agree with my shit every day (not your boyfriend punto obviously)
> ------------------------------------------------------------ ----------
>
>  or make a
>
> > nyny reference and continue your fellatio of their ways and pass them
> > off as your own.
>
> so i sucked their intensity, hard work and fierce competitiveness)and
> maybe win at almost all cost behavior).........and now i'm claiming
> that style of play as my own.......even though i credit it as a nyny
> style?????? (of which windy city were even bigger assholes than
> ny......its just ny was much more of a dynasty......and on the top of
> the food chain when the uncw team was forming).  anyways, ease up on
> the effort big boy, its desperate
> ------------------------------------------------------------ --------------- ----------
>
>   you're a fuckin' sheep in shepherd's
>
> > clothin'...probably why the wolves haven't gotten to you yet.
>
> now that was clever, hope you didnt hurt your brain thinkin that one
> up.  but are you impling that you are wolf enough to "get to me".  and
> what the fuck are you talkin about anyways,,,,,,,i'm the wolf round
> here.  which would make you and your spirit zealot patrol the pussy
> cats!
Previous Topic:Iowa vs. Luther Sunday Morning Question (rules/timekeeping)
Next Topic:New Pennsylvania Women's Club Team Tryouts!
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Mon Feb 17 20:14:02 PST 2020
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.0RC2.
Copyright ©2001-2009 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software