Forum Search:
RSD No Spam
rec.sport.disc without the spam


Home » RSD » RSD Posts » Stanford Score Updates
Stanford Score Updates [message #14700] Thu, 05 March 2009 19:12 Go to next message
Mimmo
Messages: 587
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
I posted this on another thread, but I wanted to make sure people saw
this, I know I don't always check out the side threads...

I'm going to be getting down there (Ripon) somewhere between rounds 2
and 3,
I'll be watching Florida mainly (because i like playing grab-ass with
Windham), but I'll definitely walk around and try to get as many
scores as I can and text them like a fiend...check 'em out at
(stealing a page from Pittsburgh's playbook) http://twitter.com/mimmoalfano

what games do people want to see updates on the most? I don't know if
the women's side and men's side will be right near each other, i'll
try to get womens scores too.

Schedule:
http://csulbultimate.com/media/SI09_captPack.pdf
Re: Stanford Score Updates [message #14704 is a reply to message #14700] Thu, 05 March 2009 20:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kenmcwilli
Messages: 5
Registered: February 2009
Junior Member
On Mar 5, 10:12 pm, Mimmo <michaelalfan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I posted this on another thread, but I wanted to make sure people saw
> this, I know I don't always check out the side threads...
>
> I'm going to be getting down there (Ripon) somewhere between rounds 2
> and 3,
> I'll be watching Florida mainly (because i like playing grab-ass with
> Windham), but I'll definitely walk around and try to get as many
> scores as I can and text them like a fiend...check 'em out at
> (stealing a page from Pittsburgh's playbook)http://twitter.com/mimmoalfano
>
> what games do people want to see updates on the most?  I don't know if
> the women's side and men's side will be right near each other, i'll
> try to get womens scores too.
>
> Schedule:http://csulbultimate.com/media/SI09_captPack.pdf

ego vs uga do it mimmo!
Re: Stanford Score Updates [message #14707 is a reply to message #14700] Thu, 05 March 2009 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
george.brell
Messages: 24
Registered: September 2008
Junior Member
2nd Rd: Georgia v. Cal
3rd Rd: Florida v. Cal
4th Rd: Colorado v. Michigan
5th Rd: Wisconsin v. Carleton
Re: Stanford Score Updates [message #14708 is a reply to message #14700] Thu, 05 March 2009 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kenmcwilli
Messages: 5
Registered: February 2009
Junior Member
On Mar 5, 10:12 pm, Mimmo <michaelalfan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I posted this on another thread, but I wanted to make sure people saw
> this, I know I don't always check out the side threads...
>
> I'm going to be getting down there (Ripon) somewhere between rounds 2
> and 3,
> I'll be watching Florida mainly (because i like playing grab-ass with
> Windham), but I'll definitely walk around and try to get as many
> scores as I can and text them like a fiend...check 'em out at
> (stealing a page from Pittsburgh's playbook)http://twitter.com/mimmoalfano
>
> what games do people want to see updates on the most?  I don't know if
> the women's side and men's side will be right near each other, i'll
> try to get womens scores too.
>
> Schedule:http://csulbultimate.com/media/SI09_captPack.pdf

evo vs uga do it mimmo!
Re: Stanford Score Updates [message #14717 is a reply to message #14708] Thu, 05 March 2009 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mimmo
Messages: 587
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
On Mar 5, 8:36 pm, kenmcwi...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Mar 5, 10:12 pm, Mimmo <michaelalfan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I posted this on another thread, but I wanted to make sure people saw
> > this, I know I don't always check out the side threads...
>
> > I'm going to be getting down there (Ripon) somewhere between rounds 2
> > and 3,
> > I'll be watching Florida mainly (because i like playing grab-ass with
> > Windham), but I'll definitely walk around and try to get as many
> > scores as I can and text them like a fiend...check 'em out at
> > (stealing a page from Pittsburgh's playbook)http://twitter.com/mimmoalfano
>
> > what games do people want to see updates on the most?  I don't know if
> > the women's side and men's side will be right near each other, i'll
> > try to get womens scores too.
>
> > Schedule:http://csulbultimate.com/media/SI09_captPack.pdf
>
> evo vs uga do it mimmo!

ken, i think you mean EGO...

get some Advantage

<3 Mimmo
Re: Stanford Score Updates [message #14726 is a reply to message #14700] Fri, 06 March 2009 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agerics20
Messages: 8115
Registered: October 2008
Senior Member
> I'll be watching Florida mainly (because i like playing grab-ass with
> Windham),
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

????boner????check?????

i don't know what that means.......but it seems like a florida thing
from what i have read.
is this a proper time for checking????

i don't know what it means....
Re: Stanford Score Updates [message #14733 is a reply to message #14726] Fri, 06 March 2009 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
al3x
Messages: 116
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
On Mar 6, 11:58 am, ageric...@yahoo.com wrote:
> > I'll be watching Florida mainly (because i like playing grab-ass with
> > Windham),
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> ????boner????check?????
>
> i don't know what that means.......but it seems like a florida thing
> from what i have read.
> is this a proper time for checking????
>
> i don't know what it means....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA mike g you are welcome in gainesville ANYTIME just for
this. Not that you weren't I guess. And for the record-- yes. This is
a perfect opportunity for a boner check.

So....
BONER CHECK
ah
Re: Stanford Score Updates [message #14827 is a reply to message #14700] Sat, 07 March 2009 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seamus
Messages: 32
Registered: October 2008
Member
Round one
EGO 13-8 TUFF
Colorado and Cal tied at 11s
Re: Stanford Score Updates [message #14845 is a reply to message #14827] Sat, 07 March 2009 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matt.Pasienski
Messages: 77
Registered: October 2008
Member
Cultimate is now the ultimate, obv. I was at their press conference,
and I simply asked why they couldn't post scores online. This was
their response: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP2ZA1JLzmo&NR=1 .
Re: Stanford Score Updates [message #14846 is a reply to message #14827] Sat, 07 March 2009 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seamus
Messages: 32
Registered: October 2008
Member
Ego with 9 pulling to Stanford with 8.
Re: Stanford Score Updates [message #14848 is a reply to message #14846] Sat, 07 March 2009 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seamus
Messages: 32
Registered: October 2008
Member
Final score: EGO 13-12 Stanford


On Mar 7, 3:21 pm, shane <shane.ama...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ego with 9 pulling to Stanford with 8.
Re: Stanford Score Updates [message #14859 is a reply to message #14848] Sat, 07 March 2009 18:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aghesquiere
Messages: 36
Registered: October 2008
Member
On Mar 7, 4:00 pm, shane <shane.ama...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Final score: EGO 13-12 Stanford
>
> On Mar 7, 3:21 pm, shane <shane.ama...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Ego with 9 pulling to Stanford with 8.

I'll post the Cal I know since I'm at home, dont know the Stanford -
Cal score yet.

Cal 14-Colorado 13
Cal 11-Georgia 10
Florida 13 - Cal 6
Re: Stanford Score Updates [message #14861 is a reply to message #14859] Sat, 07 March 2009 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ryan Thompson
Messages: 364
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
On Mar 7, 6:32 pm, Dutchy <aghesqui...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 7, 4:00 pm, shane <shane.ama...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Final score: EGO 13-12 Stanford
>
> > On Mar 7, 3:21 pm, shane <shane.ama...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Ego with 9 pulling to Stanford with 8.
>
> I'll post the Cal I know since I'm at home, dont know the Stanford -
> Cal score yet.
>
> Cal 14-Colorado 13
> Cal 11-Georgia 10
> Florida 13 - Cal 6

Stanford 13- Cal 7

Stanford goes 3-1, over Oregon St (13-9) UCSB (13-6) and Cal, losing
to Oregon 12-13 pulling on DGP (turns by both teams)
Re: Stanford Score Updates [message #14862 is a reply to message #14859] Sat, 07 March 2009 18:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ryan Thompson
Messages: 364
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
Carleton 4-0, 14-12 over Washington
Oregon 4-0, 13-10 over UGA
Florida 4-0, 13-7, 13-6, 13-6, 13-7
Stanford-BX 4-0

Wisco 3-1
Stanford 3-1
Colorado 3-1
UCSD 3-1 (loss to UW)
Washington 3-1

Georgia 0-4
UCSC 0-4
Re: Stanford Score Updates [message #14866 is a reply to message #14862] Sat, 07 March 2009 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mimmo
Messages: 587
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
On Mar 7, 6:50 pm, Ryan Thompson <thomp...@stanford.edu> wrote:
> Carleton 4-0, 14-12 over Washington
> Oregon 4-0, 13-10 over UGA
> Florida 4-0, 13-7, 13-6, 13-6, 13-7
> Stanford-BX 4-0
>
> Wisco 3-1
> Stanford 3-1
> Colorado 3-1
> UCSD 3-1 (loss to UW)
> Washington 3-1
>
> Georgia 0-4
> UCSC 0-4

I'll be out there earlier tomorrow, and have more scores going.

So if those four 4-0 teams win out they will pick the best two based
on:

1. Head to Head (not applicable, all undefeated)
2. Original Tier Placement (Knocks out Stanford-BX because they were
tier 2 and three others were tier 1)
3. Overall Point differential (which i'm pretty sure right now is CUT
and Florida)

Cut plays UGA in round 3 tomorrow, and I'd be willing to bet that UGA
is fiery after going winless today...upset possibility (although CUT
looked very intense and focus during their game against Wisconsin)

Didn't see Oregon play much due to my late arrival. Florida is, as
advertised, very willing to jack it down field to fast/tall
people...and Brodie very boastfully claimed they compeleted close to
80% of their hucks today. I was watching their game against Texas and
they missed on 2 out of many, both because they were out of bounds by
a couple yards.

I think the observers were making active calls on Travels and
something else, i only remember one or two travel calls so either kids
weren't traveling as much, or fake travels weren't being called.

Either way i didn't really notice much.

Using text messages to report scores is a pain in the ass

Also, I wish I could grow facial hair like Dusty Becker.
Re: Stanford Score Updates [message #14871 is a reply to message #14845] Sun, 08 March 2009 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agerics20
Messages: 8115
Registered: October 2008
Senior Member
> Cultimate is now the ultimate, obv. I was at their press conference,
> and I simply asked why they couldn't post scores online.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

---what is an 'obv.'.....if they are the ultimate obv?
Re: Stanford Score Updates [message #14879 is a reply to message #14861] Sun, 08 March 2009 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam Dyer
Messages: 54
Registered: October 2008
Member
On Mar 7, 10:47 pm, Ryan Thompson <thomp...@stanford.edu> wrote:
> On Mar 7, 6:32 pm, Dutchy <aghesqui...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Mar 7, 4:00 pm, shane <shane.ama...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Final score: EGO 13-12 Stanford
>
> > > On Mar 7, 3:21 pm, shane <shane.ama...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > Ego with 9 pulling to Stanford with 8.
>
> > I'll post the Cal I know since I'm at home, dont know the Stanford -
> > Cal score yet.
>
> > Cal 14-Colorado 13
> > Cal 11-Georgia 10
> > Florida 13 - Cal 6
>
> Stanford 13- Cal 7
>
> Stanford goes 3-1, over Oregon St (13-9) UCSB (13-6) and Cal, losing
> to Oregon 12-13 pulling on DGP (turns by both teams)

Stanford over Cal that big is very surprising, given Cal's performance
against them so far. Is their any sort of insight by those out there?
Re: Stanford Score Updates [message #14898 is a reply to message #14879] Sun, 08 March 2009 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheWerbler
Messages: 30
Registered: October 2008
Member
> Stanford over Cal that big is very surprising, given Cal's performance
> against them so far.  Is their any sort of insight by those out there?

Two reasons:

1) Stanford has been running a great on field system for the past 5+
years. Even though their team is full of fresh faces this year, their
system has a very quick learning curve, allowing their newbies to
become ballers in very fast.

2) Historically, Stanford has always played their best with home field
advantage. I am not surprised to see that their strength at home
stretches all the way out to Ripon.

Now, does anyone have any news about today?
Re: Stanford Score Updates [message #14899 is a reply to message #14866] Sun, 08 March 2009 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ray Illian
Messages: 32
Registered: October 2008
Member
Washington over Colorado 13-6
Washington over Oregon 15-13

I believe this puts Carleton and Florida as front runners for the 1-2
game, assuming they went undefeated today.
Re: Stanford Score Updates [message #14900 is a reply to message #14898] Sun, 08 March 2009 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seamus
Messages: 32
Registered: October 2008
Member
EGO beats Michigan then goes down to UW 15-13.
Florida v carleton in finals, Stanford v Claremont for an arbitrary
third place game.


> Two reasons:
>
> 1) Stanford has been running a great on field system for the past 5+
> years.  Even though their team is full of fresh faces this year, their
> system has a very quick learning curve, allowing their newbies to
> become ballers in very fast.
>
> 2) Historically, Stanford has always played their best with home field
> advantage.  I am not surprised to see that their strength at home
> stretches all the way out to Ripon.
>
> Now, does anyone have any news about today?
Re: Stanford Score Updates [message #14901 is a reply to message #14900] Sun, 08 March 2009 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheWerbler
Messages: 30
Registered: October 2008
Member
Thanks for the updates Ray and Shane. It's crazy how the NW Region is
wide open this year, and that any team can make a run at it.

Any word from the ladies side?
Re: Stanford Score Updates [message #14903 is a reply to message #14900] Sun, 08 March 2009 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ray Illian
Messages: 32
Registered: October 2008
Member
Washington vs Wisconsin in the 5/6 game
Oregon vs UCSD in the 7/8 game

I guess I just have to remember that this format is about games of
parity, not about team placement. I find it surprising that Claremont
can make the 3/4 game given the field they played, which only included
2 teams from tier 1 (5th and 6th seeds). This is not a knock on
Claremont, they did everything right (congrats!), just surprising I
guess.
Re: Stanford Score Updates [message #14909 is a reply to message #14903] Sun, 08 March 2009 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ray Illian
Messages: 32
Registered: October 2008
Member
3/4 Stanford over Claremont 15-8
5/6 Wisconsin over Washington 15-10
7/8 Oregon over UCSD 15-13
Re: Stanford Score Updates [message #14918 is a reply to message #14909] Sun, 08 March 2009 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shy
Messages: 16
Registered: October 2008
Junior Member
On Mar 8, 3:32 pm, rayb...@gmail.com wrote:
> 3/4 Stanford over Claremont 15-8
> 5/6 Wisconsin over Washington 15-10
> 7/8 Oregon over UCSD 15-13

As a Claremont Alum...I'm just as surprised. Does anyone have any
light to shed upon this development? Who did they beat to get to the
3/4 game? How did the grouping work that way? Point differential? Dumb
luck? Anyone?
Re: Stanford Score Updates [message #14923 is a reply to message #14918] Sun, 08 March 2009 17:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
grushk
Messages: 29
Registered: December 2008
Junior Member
Florida beat Carleton in the final 15-13
Re: Stanford Score Updates [message #14932 is a reply to message #14918] Sun, 08 March 2009 19:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
purple.leisure
Messages: 103
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
>
> As a Claremont Alum...I'm just as surprised. Does anyone have any
> light to shed upon this development? Who did they beat to get to the
> 3/4 game? How did the grouping work that way? Point differential? Dumb
> luck? Anyone?

All of the seeding was really dumb. Some teams had very hard schedules
and others had easiers. It was an easier road for the Braineaters than
other teams. That is the reason why. Alot of teams were complaining as
the TD's were deciding who were playing in the ranking games. UW got
screwed.
Re: Stanford Score Updates [message #14940 is a reply to message #14932] Sun, 08 March 2009 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mimmo
Messages: 587
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
On Mar 8, 7:04 pm, "purple.leisure" <purple.leis...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > As a Claremont Alum...I'm just as surprised. Does anyone have any
> > light to shed upon this development? Who did they beat to get to the
> > 3/4 game? How did the grouping work that way? Point differential? Dumb
> > luck? Anyone?
>
> All of the seeding was really dumb. Some teams had very hard schedules
> and others had easiers. It was an easier road for the Braineaters than
> other teams. That is the reason why. Alot of teams were complaining as
> the TD's were deciding who were playing in the ranking games. UW got
> screwed.

By the same token you could say that Oregon got screwed. They beat
Stanford, and yet because they had a head to head over stanford, but
washington had beaten them they get bumped down to the 7th place game
Re: Stanford Score Updates [message #14943 is a reply to message #14932] Sun, 08 March 2009 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ryan Thompson
Messages: 364
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
On Mar 8, 7:04 pm, "purple.leisure" <purple.leis...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > As a Claremont Alum...I'm just as surprised. Does anyone have any
> > light to shed upon this development? Who did they beat to get to the
> > 3/4 game? How did the grouping work that way? Point differential? Dumb
> > luck? Anyone?
>
> All of the seeding was really dumb. Some teams had very hard schedules
> and others had easiers. It was an easier road for the Braineaters than
> other teams. That is the reason why. Alot of teams were complaining as
> the TD's were deciding who were playing in the ranking games. UW got
> screwed.

Florida, Carleton, and by poor scheduling, Claremont, all went 6-0.
Florida and Carleton play in the finals, Claremont is bumped to the
3rd place game.

5 Tier 1 teams (Stanford, Washington, Wisconsin, UCSD, Oregon) all
finished 5-1 and were ranked by point diff in that order. So Stanford
played Claremont for 3rd, UW played Wisco for 5th, and UCSD played
Oregon for 7th.

Obviously the main issue is that teams played schedules of vastly
different strengths. Vegas, by virtue of weather, being early season,
small fields, whatever yielded some vastly different results than
Invite. But that was the main tournament to rank teams on.
Re: Stanford Score Updates [message #14970 is a reply to message #14932] Mon, 09 March 2009 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pat.d.mccarthy
Messages: 20
Registered: March 2009
Junior Member
> Alot of teams were complaining as the TD's were deciding who were playing in the ranking games. UW got
> screwed.

To be clear, this is not the opinion of the UW team and this person
does not represent us. We all knew the format going in, and knew it
was likely that only undefeated teams would make it into the finals.
In every tournament some team has an easier road, you have to take the
one that you're given and do your best. We had a blast this weekend
playing many of the top teams around the country. As far as which
seeding game we played in... what's it matter? If you think getting
"screwed" is a shot at the defending champs then I dunno what to
say... See y'all down in Centex.

Pat McCarthy
Sundogers Coach
Re: Stanford Score Updates [message #15036 is a reply to message #14862] Mon, 09 March 2009 21:49 Go to previous message
tyler c
Messages: 42
Registered: October 2008
Member
On Mar 7, 10:50 pm, Ryan Thompson <thomp...@stanford.edu> wrote:

> Georgia 0-4
> UCSC 0-4

Anyone know what happened to Georgia? 15-1 in their first two
tournaments, winning
queen city, then going 0-7?
Previous Topic:Tybee Island March 15-20
Next Topic:tally classic showcase game
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Mar 28 21:51:35 PDT 2020
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.0RC2.
Copyright ©2001-2009 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software