Forum Search:
RSD No Spam
rec.sport.disc without the spam


Home » RSD » RSD Posts » South Mixed Regionals Seeding Discussion
South Mixed Regionals Seeding Discussion [message #42] Mon, 22 September 2008 07:33 Go to next message
McCargo
Messages: 119
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
1. Bucket
2. Chewbacca Defense
3. Rival
4. Deliverance
5. Taint
6. Guillermo Y Compania
7. Covert
8. Flash Flood
9. Southside United
10. Disc-Connected
11. Category 5 Ultimate
12. Austin Cougars
13. Tlacuache
14. Jacks on Jill
15. Rec League All-Stars
16. ?

<Smack Talk>
....
Re: South Mixed Regionals Seeding Discussion [message #57 is a reply to message #42] Mon, 22 September 2008 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
byronthicks
Messages: 94
Registered: September 2008
Member
On Sep 22, 8:33 am, McCargo <mcca...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1.      Bucket
> 2.      Chewbacca Defense
> 3.      Rival
> 4.      Deliverance
> 5.      Taint
> 6.      Guillermo Y Compania
> 7.      Covert
> 8.      Flash Flood
> 9.      Southside United
> 10.     Disc-Connected
> 11.     Category 5 Ultimate
> 12.     Austin Cougars
> 13.     Tlacuache
> 14.     Jacks on Jill
> 15.     Rec League All-Stars
> 16.     ?
>
> <Smack Talk>
> ...

Covert finished higher than Taint. I think that pushes both of them
down.
Re: South Mixed Regionals Seeding Discussion [message #62 is a reply to message #57] Mon, 22 September 2008 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
caseyboy24
Messages: 23
Registered: September 2008
Junior Member
Really, you put Cat 5 at 11... you're retarded.... i know they only
played and beat us at sectionals (Home Wreckers) but you have to put a
number 1 seed of a section higher than that... (same deal with Disc-
Connected)... but then again it's Mixed so why am i wasting my
breath... throwing to women is impossible anyways!!!

It's like they're under water or something... oh shit i better stop
saying this stuff, king Karl Doege once wisely told me that "THE FISH
HATE IT WHEN YOU TAP ON THE TANK"

Casey Boy

..... I'm counting on plenty of those teams not showing up for
Regionals and many more texas teams getting in.
Re: South Mixed Regionals Seeding Discussion [message #72 is a reply to message #42] Mon, 22 September 2008 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
byronthicks
Messages: 94
Registered: September 2008
Member
On Sep 22, 8:33 am, McCargo <mcca...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1.      Bucket
> 2.      Chewbacca Defense
> 3.      Rival
> 4.      Deliverance
> 5.      Taint
> 6.      Guillermo Y Compania
> 7.      Covert
> 8.      Flash Flood
> 9.      Southside United
> 10.     Disc-Connected
> 11.     Category 5 Ultimate
> 12.     Austin Cougars
> 13.     Tlacuache
> 14.     Jacks on Jill
> 15.     Rec League All-Stars
> 16.     ?
>
> <Smack Talk>
> ...

I think Chewbacca should be seeded ahead of Bucket. Their records
against common opponents is a push but Chewy has also beaten other
national contenders from the NW and they were a nationals team last
year.
Re: South Mixed Regionals Seeding Discussion [message #103 is a reply to message #72] Mon, 22 September 2008 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grant
Messages: 166
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
On Sep 22, 1:01 pm, byronthi...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sep 22, 8:33 am, McCargo <mcca...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > 1. Bucket
> > 2. Chewbacca Defense
> > 3. Rival
> > 4. Deliverance
> > 5. Taint
> > 6. Guillermo Y Compania
> > 7. Covert
> > 8. Flash Flood
> > 9. Southside United
> > 10. Disc-Connected
> > 11. Category 5 Ultimate
> > 12. Austin Cougars
> > 13. Tlacuache
> > 14. Jacks on Jill
> > 15. Rec League All-Stars
> > 16. ?
>
> > <Smack Talk>
> > ...
>
> I think Chewbacca should be seeded ahead of Bucket. Their records
> against common opponents is a push but Chewy has also beaten other
> national contenders from the NW and they were a nationals team last
> year.

Yea, the nod usually goes to established teams vs. first year teams.
Guillermo's spot could be switched with the 5 spot. I don't know,
that's a toss up.
Re: South Mixed Regionals Seeding Discussion [message #109 is a reply to message #103] Mon, 22 September 2008 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kyle Weisbrod
Messages: 195
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
On Sep 22, 3:05 pm, Grant <gdfarring...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 22, 1:01 pm, byronthi...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>
>
> > On Sep 22, 8:33 am, McCargo <mcca...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > 1.      Bucket
> > > 2.      Chewbacca Defense
> > > 3.      Rival
> > > 4.      Deliverance
> > > 5.      Taint
> > > 6.      Guillermo Y Compania
> > > 7.      Covert
> > > 8.      Flash Flood
> > > 9.      Southside United
> > > 10.     Disc-Connected
> > > 11.     Category 5 Ultimate
> > > 12.     Austin Cougars
> > > 13.     Tlacuache
> > > 14.     Jacks on Jill
> > > 15.     Rec League All-Stars
> > > 16.     ?
>
> > > <Smack Talk>
> > > ...
>
> > I think Chewbacca should be seeded ahead of Bucket. Their records
> > against common opponents is a push but Chewy has also beaten other
> > national contenders from the NW and they were a nationals team last
> > year.
>
> Yea, the nod usually goes to established teams vs. first year teams.
> Guillermo's spot could be switched with the 5 spot.  I don't know,
> that's a toss up.

Well if we're going to on previous years I guess Rival has an argument
to be seeded above Chewbacca seeing as they finished higher at 2007
Regionals and Champies than Chewbacca. And Deliverance has an
argument to be seeded higher than Chewbacca based on current year RRI
and common opponents.

I agree that, in isolation, the Bucket and Chewbacca results are
similar and the tiebreaker should be previous years, but you can't
talk about Bucket vs. Chewbacca without talking about Rival/
Deliverance vs. Chewbacca as well.

Considering that, I think McCargo's original top four seedings are
justified. I might put Rival above Chewbacca as well.

-Kyle
(Bucket)
Re: South Mixed Regionals Seeding Discussion [message #124 is a reply to message #109] Mon, 22 September 2008 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
McCargo
Messages: 119
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
It's a toss up for 1 and 2. I gave the knod to Bucket due to
navigating the much MUCH tougher EC section. If we (Rival) would have
won the section we would have been #1 due to this fact and last years
nationals standings. After thinking about it Guillermo has wins over
Bucket and Deliverance. Moved them up.

Updated seeds:

1. Bucket
2. Chewbacca Defense
3. Rival
4. Deliverance
5. Guillermo Y Compania
6. Covert
7. Taint
8. Flash Flood
9. Southside United
10. Disc-Connected
11. Category 5 Ultimate
12. Austin Cougars
13. Tlacuache
14. Jacks on Jill
15. Rec League All-Stars
16. ?
Re: South Mixed Regionals Seeding Discussion [message #128 is a reply to message #124] Mon, 22 September 2008 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
byronthicks
Messages: 94
Registered: September 2008
Member
On Sep 22, 2:19 pm, McCargo <mcca...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's a toss up for 1 and 2. I gave the knod to Bucket due to
> navigating the much MUCH tougher EC section. If we (Rival) would have
> won the section we would have been #1 due to this fact and last years
> nationals standings. After thinking about it Guillermo has wins over
> Bucket and Deliverance. Moved them up.
>
> Updated seeds:
>
> 1.      Bucket
> 2.      Chewbacca Defense
> 3.      Rival
> 4.      Deliverance
> 5.      Guillermo Y Compania
> 6.      Covert
> 7.      Taint
> 8.      Flash Flood
> 9.      Southside United
> 10.     Disc-Connected
> 11.     Category 5 Ultimate
> 12.     Austin Cougars
> 13.     Tlacuache
> 14.     Jacks on Jill
> 15.     Rec League All-Stars
> 16.     ?

In the one tournament they both attended Rival placed 8th and
Chewbacca placed third. I don't think Rival has a claim to be placed
above Chewbacca.
Re: South Mixed Regionals Seeding Discussion [message #133 is a reply to message #128] Mon, 22 September 2008 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matthewlarn
Messages: 3
Registered: September 2008
Junior Member
On Sep 22, 3:35 pm, byronthi...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sep 22, 2:19 pm, McCargo <mcca...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > It's a toss up for 1 and 2. I gave the knod to Bucket due to
> > navigating the much MUCH tougher EC section. If we (Rival) would have
> > won the section we would have been #1 due to this fact and last years
> > nationals standings. After thinking about it Guillermo has wins over
> > Bucket and Deliverance. Moved them up.
>
> > Updated seeds:
>
> > 1.      Bucket
> > 2.      Chewbacca Defense
> > 3.      Rival
> > 4.      Deliverance
> > 5.      Guillermo Y Compania
> > 6.      Covert
> > 7.      Taint
> > 8.      Flash Flood
> > 9.      Southside United
> > 10.     Disc-Connected
> > 11.     Category 5 Ultimate
> > 12.     Austin Cougars
> > 13.     Tlacuache
> > 14.     Jacks on Jill
> > 15.     Rec League All-Stars
> > 16.     ?
>
> In the one tournament they both attended Rival placed 8th and
> Chewbacca placed third. I don't think Rival has a claim to be placed
> above Chewbacca.

I'm in the Texas Section, but I want to make an argument for Southside
United. They were a good team last year and have supposedly gotten
better. I think they will do well at Regionals and I want this to be
in writing so that when it happens, I can say "See? I told you they
should've been seeded higher"
Re: South Mixed Regionals Seeding Discussion [message #151 is a reply to message #133] Mon, 22 September 2008 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
christopher.church
Messages: 4
Registered: September 2008
Junior Member
I agree that Southside United seems low - they are a solid team, but
maybe this is just a sign that our region is getting terribly strong.
Chewy should be ranked above Rival, no question. That being said,
regionals is going to be a fight - I can't wait to see who takes the
two spots to Sarasota. I'm hoping one of them is Rival, but whether
we get to go to the big show again this year, we have no business
being seeded any higher than third at regionals.

-church

On Sep 22, 2:13 pm, "matthewl...@gmail.com" <matthewl...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Sep 22, 3:35 pm, byronthi...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > On Sep 22, 2:19 pm, McCargo <mcca...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > It's a toss up for 1 and 2. I gave the knod to Bucket due to
> > > navigating the much MUCH tougher EC section. If we (Rival) would have
> > > won the section we would have been #1 due to this fact and last years
> > > nationals standings. After thinking about it Guillermo has wins over
> > > Bucket and Deliverance. Moved them up.
>
> > > Updated seeds:
>
> > > 1.      Bucket
> > > 2.      Chewbacca Defense
> > > 3.      Rival
> > > 4.      Deliverance
> > > 5.      Guillermo Y Compania
> > > 6.      Covert
> > > 7.      Taint
> > > 8.      Flash Flood
> > > 9.      Southside United
> > > 10.     Disc-Connected
> > > 11.     Category 5 Ultimate
> > > 12.     Austin Cougars
> > > 13.     Tlacuache
> > > 14.     Jacks on Jill
> > > 15.     Rec League All-Stars
> > > 16.     ?
>
> > In the one tournament they both attended Rival placed 8th and
> > Chewbacca placed third. I don't think Rival has a claim to be placed
> > above Chewbacca.
>
> I'm in the Texas Section, but I want to make an argument for Southside
> United. They were a good team last year and have supposedly gotten
> better. I think they will do well at Regionals and I want this to be
> in writing so that when it happens, I can say "See? I told you they
> should've been seeded higher"- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -
Re: South Mixed Regionals Seeding Discussion [message #189 is a reply to message #151] Mon, 22 September 2008 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Knappy
Messages: 830
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
As someone from outside the region, who has seen Rival/Chewbacca/
Bucket, I would say that Chewbacca deserves the #1 seed over Bucket.

Both teams won their section, but Chewbacca has higher RRI, 2007
Nationals exp, semifinalist at Philly invite, finalist at labor day.
Bucket: was a quarterfinalist at Chesapeake, semifinalist @ Shawn
Adams.




On Sep 22, 7:02 pm, christopher.chu...@gmail.com wrote:
> I agree that Southside United seems low - they are a solid team, but
> maybe this is just a sign that our region is getting terribly strong.
> Chewy should be ranked above Rival, no question.  That being said,
> regionals is going to be a fight - I can't wait to see who takes the
> two spots to Sarasota.  I'm hoping one of them is Rival, but whether
> we get to go to the big show again this year, we have no business
> being seeded any higher than third at regionals.
>
> -church
>
> On Sep 22, 2:13 pm, "matthewl...@gmail.com" <matthewl...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On Sep 22, 3:35 pm, byronthi...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > > On Sep 22, 2:19 pm, McCargo <mcca...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > It's a toss up for 1 and 2. I gave the knod to Bucket due to
> > > > navigating the much MUCH tougher EC section. If we (Rival) would have
> > > > won the section we would have been #1 due to this fact and last years
> > > > nationals standings. After thinking about it Guillermo has wins over
> > > > Bucket and Deliverance. Moved them up.
>
> > > > Updated seeds:
>
> > > > 1.      Bucket
> > > > 2.      Chewbacca Defense
> > > > 3.      Rival
> > > > 4.      Deliverance
> > > > 5.      Guillermo Y Compania
> > > > 6.      Covert
> > > > 7.      Taint
> > > > 8.      Flash Flood
> > > > 9.      Southside United
> > > > 10.     Disc-Connected
> > > > 11.     Category 5 Ultimate
> > > > 12.     Austin Cougars
> > > > 13.     Tlacuache
> > > > 14.     Jacks on Jill
> > > > 15.     Rec League All-Stars
> > > > 16.     ?
>
> > > In the one tournament they both attended Rival placed 8th and
> > > Chewbacca placed third. I don't think Rival has a claim to be placed
> > > above Chewbacca.
>
> > I'm in the Texas Section, but I want to make an argument for Southside
> > United. They were a good team last year and have supposedly gotten
> > better. I think they will do well at Regionals and I want this to be
> > in writing so that when it happens, I can say "See? I told you they
> > should've been seeded higher"- Hide quoted text -
>
> > - Show quoted text -
Re: South Mixed Regionals Seeding Discussion [message #191 is a reply to message #42] Mon, 22 September 2008 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shane.seal
Messages: 1
Registered: September 2008
Junior Member
Both HomeWreckers and Cat 5 asked to play in the Texas seeding to get
a more accurate placement within the regionals bid sequence. They were
willing to take their bid for the Gulf Coast Section and add it to the
Texas sectionals and fight it out with the teams there. I don't
understand how you can seed them 11th when you will not allow them an
opportunity to compete against teams from the other sections. I think
using seedings from non-roster tournaments are not accurate as many
teams don't have the same players (pickups, students out of town,
etc.) now that they did earlier in the year.

The argument that allowing the two teams from the Gulf Coast Section
to compete in the Texas Sectionals is counter to growth in the Gulf
Coast Sections just doesn't make sense. How does forcing two teams to
travel 6 hours to compete in one game for 1 bid encourage growth? What
has the UPA done in the Gulf Section to promote Mixed Ultimate? You
are penalizing teams that are playing Ultimate because of others not
playing in the Gulf Section? Then you seed the winner 11th? Hmmm,
maybe someone doesn't care if Ultimate grows in the south.

Shane
Re: South Mixed Regionals Seeding Discussion [message #234 is a reply to message #124] Tue, 23 September 2008 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MC
Messages: 19
Registered: September 2008
Junior Member
It IS a toss up for 1 and 2. The EC is stronger and I think Bucket
gets a slight nod for that. However, based on other results over THIS
year, Chewy should be ahead. As Byron said, the common opponents is a
wash and can't be used. But as far as finishing at tourneys, Chewy is
higher up on the list. And as Knappy pointed out, it's been Semis at
Philly and Finals at Labor Day. I think Chesapeake is a good tourney,
and Shawn Adams featured many of the EC section teams (where the
results were crazy). But in the end, Chewy has finished higher in
arguably higher level tourneys (even if they are the same level
tourneys, you still have higher finishes).

There is absolutely no way Rival can be seeded ahead of Chewy. I'm
not trying to underseed them(I know how good they are and their
ability to play when it counts), but seeding is based on results and
this year's results cannot have Rival at a 2 spot. I think they are
good in the 3 spot. Here are the top 7 seeds. I can't do the others
because I have no idea how they all compare because some of these
teams have barely played.

1. Chewy
2. Bucket
3. Rival
4. Deliverance
5. Guillermo
6. Covert
7. Southside

I agree with Church here. The region is set to be insane. I think
there is a lot of parity between the top teams. I'm sure you will see
battles from Day 1. I would also imagine that every quarterfinals
game is going to be hotly contested.

-mc
Chewy D
Re: South Mixed Regionals Seeding Discussion [message #247 is a reply to message #234] Tue, 23 September 2008 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HD
Messages: 19
Registered: September 2008
Junior Member
On Sep 23, 10:58 am, MC <imattcl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It IS a toss up for 1 and 2.  The EC is stronger and I think Bucket
> gets a slight nod for that.  However, based on other results over THIS
> year, Chewy should be ahead.  As Byron said, the common opponents is a
> wash and can't be used.  But as far as finishing at tourneys, Chewy is
> higher up on the list.  And as Knappy pointed out, it's been Semis at
> Philly and Finals at Labor Day.  I think Chesapeake is a good tourney,
> and Shawn Adams featured many of the EC section teams (where the
> results were crazy).  But in the end, Chewy has finished higher in
> arguably higher level tourneys (even if they are the same level
> tourneys, you still have higher finishes).
>
> There is absolutely no way Rival can be seeded ahead of Chewy.  I'm
> not trying to underseed them(I know how good they are and their
> ability to play when it counts), but seeding is based on results and
> this year's results cannot have Rival at a 2 spot.  I think they are
> good in the 3 spot.  Here are the top 7 seeds.  I can't do the others
> because I have no idea how they all compare because some of these
> teams have barely played.
>
> 1. Chewy
> 2. Bucket
> 3. Rival
> 4. Deliverance
> 5. Guillermo
> 6. Covert
> 7. Southside
>
> I agree with Church here.  The region is set to be insane.  I think
> there is a lot of parity between the top teams.  I'm sure you will see
> battles from Day 1.  I would also imagine that every quarterfinals
> game is going to be hotly contested.
>
> -mc
> Chewy D

Teams confirmed to attend (unseeded, but listed in order of finish at
respective Sectionals events):
EC
- Bucket
- Rival
- Deliverance
- Guillermo Y Compania
- Southside United
TX
- Chewbacca Defense
- Covert
- Taint
- Flash Flood
- Austin Cougars
- Tlacuache
- Burning
GC
- Category 5 Ultimate
FL
- Disc-Connected
- Jacks on Jill
- Rec League All-Stars

Keep up the discussion. Love to hear the feedback.

Hugh
South Mixed RC
Re: South Mixed Regionals Seeding Discussion [message #264 is a reply to message #247] Tue, 23 September 2008 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
McCargo
Messages: 119
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
MC, strong points and I can totally see Chewy being the one seed now.

Shane, I really do not like the argument that THIS seasons games
should not count do to not having your complete roster. The fact is
that your team lost to Austin and Taint. I have updated the seeds with
you just below Austin as it was a close game.

Southside beat Disc-Connected on DGP so I like where they end up.

Hugh, what snake format will we use for pool play. Or are we going to
go straight to bracket?

1. Chewbacca Defense
2. Bucket
3. Rival
4. Deliverance
5. Guillermo Y Compania
6. Covert
7. Taint
8. Southside United
9. Disc-Connected
10. Flash Flood
11. Austin Cougars
12. Category 5 Ultimate
13. Jacks on Jill
14. Tlacuache
15. Rec League All-Stars
16. Burning
Re: South Mixed Regionals Seeding Discussion [message #270 is a reply to message #264] Tue, 23 September 2008 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Disco14
Messages: 2
Registered: September 2008
Junior Member
On Sep 23, 2:07 pm, McCargo <mcca...@gmail.com> wrote:
> MC, strong points and I can totally see Chewy being the one seed now.
>
> Shane, I really do not like the argument that THIS seasons games
> should not count do to not having your complete roster. The fact is
> that your team lost to Austin and Taint. I have updated the seeds with
> you just below Austin as it was a close game.
>
> Southside beat Disc-Connected on DGP so I like where they end up.
>
> Hugh, what snake format will we use for pool play. Or are we going to
> go straight to bracket?
>
> 1.      Chewbacca Defense
> 2.      Bucket
> 3.      Rival
> 4.      Deliverance
> 5.      Guillermo Y Compania
> 6.      Covert
> 7.      Taint
> 8.      Southside United
> 9.      Disc-Connected
> 10.     Flash Flood
> 11.     Austin Cougars
> 12.     Category 5 Ultimate
> 13.     Jacks on Jill
> 14.     Tlacuache
> 15.     Rec League All-Stars
> 16.     Burning

This is Andres from Disc-Connected.. we have only played EC teams and
FL teams this year. I don't know how strong are the TX teams other
than Chewbacca D. Based on the strength of the Region, we would be
fine between 6-9. I think 10 would be low for a team that won their
Section and that lost to South Side on Universe point at Shawn Adams
(where South Side beat Bucket and lost to Deliverance in the finals).

Just my two cents. Either way, we are loking forward to a very
competitive ultimate weekend. In terms of the top 3, I agree it
should be Chewbacca D, Bucket and Rival.

Good luck everyone.

Andres
Disco #14.
Re: South Mixed Regionals Seeding Discussion [message #273 is a reply to message #42] Tue, 23 September 2008 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
benwater08
Messages: 48
Registered: September 2008
Member
On Sep 22, 10:33 am, McCargo <mcca...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1.      Bucket
> 2.      Chewbacca Defense
> 3.      Rival
> 4.      Deliverance
> 5.      Taint
> 6.      Guillermo Y Compania
> 7.      Covert
> 8.      Flash Flood
> 9.      Southside United
> 10.     Disc-Connected
> 11.     Category 5 Ultimate
> 12.     Austin Cougars
> 13.     Tlacuache
> 14.     Jacks on Jill
> 15.     Rec League All-Stars
> 16.     ?
>
> <Smack Talk>
> ...

where's ah fudge?
Re: South Mixed Regionals Seeding Discussion [message #276 is a reply to message #270] Tue, 23 September 2008 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Boe
Messages: 5
Registered: September 2008
Junior Member
One more stab at this:
1. Chewbacca Defense (Chewy over Bucket giving weight to '07
Natties and similar 08 experiences)
2. Bucket
3. Rival
4. Deliverance
5. Guillermo Y Compania
6. Southside United (highest remaining RRI, win over Bucket at
Shawn Adams, no losses to lower teams)
7. Disc-Connected (highest remaining RRI, travelled during
season, no losses to lower teams)
8. Covert
9. Taint
10. Flash Flood
11. Austin Cougars (head-head win over Cat 5)
12. Category 5 Ultimate
13. Jacks on Jill
14. Tlacuache
15. Rec League All-Stars
16. Burning

Struggled with the head-heads in first round regarding Texas teams,
but could not justify bumping down Southside or Disc-Connected based
on their series results this year (which in turn moves your RRI up).
Re: South Mixed Regionals Seeding Discussion [message #288 is a reply to message #276] Tue, 23 September 2008 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Disco14
Messages: 2
Registered: September 2008
Junior Member
On Sep 23, 3:18 pm, Boe <Boe_Quisenbe...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> One more stab at this:
> 1.      Chewbacca Defense (Chewy over Bucket giving weight to '07
> Natties and similar 08 experiences)
> 2.      Bucket
> 3.      Rival
> 4.      Deliverance
> 5.      Guillermo Y Compania
> 6.      Southside United (highest remaining RRI, win over Bucket at
> Shawn Adams, no losses to lower teams)
> 7.      Disc-Connected (highest remaining RRI, travelled during
> season, no losses to lower teams)
> 8.      Covert
> 9.      Taint
> 10.     Flash Flood
> 11.     Austin Cougars (head-head win over Cat 5)
> 12.     Category 5 Ultimate
> 13.     Jacks on Jill
> 14.     Tlacuache
> 15.     Rec League All-Stars
> 16.     Burning
>
> Struggled with the head-heads in first round regarding Texas teams,
> but could not justify bumping down Southside or Disc-Connected based
> on their series results this year (which in turn moves your RRI up).

Head-to-head results and RACO (record against common opponents) sent
by Hugh yesterday. I think it is fair: http://upa.org/scores/scores.cgi?div=71&page=3&tourn =5199

Andres.
Re: South Mixed Regionals Seeding Discussion [message #461 is a reply to message #288] Thu, 25 September 2008 08:47 Go to previous message
christopher.church
Messages: 4
Registered: September 2008
Junior Member
While I realize the argument could work against me (that is, if the EC
is so strong, then Bucket should get the top spot for winning it),
there is something to be said for giving Chewy the nod when the EC
teams are going to take up the next 5 spots, in a row. I still don't
think it matters much as we are all going to be playing for that shot
at the 'game to go' at some point, and nobody's 'game to go' is going
to be any easier based on who gets the top seed, who gets second, etc.
etc. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but in this region, I'm still
convinced there is no easy way out.

Anyway, Chewy should go on top. Then the I guess all 5 EC teams in
the way that we finished at sectionals. I have no idea about the rest
of the teams, but I guess they get to play second fiddle to the entire
EC section, which may be legit, but certainly sounds a little odd. I ?
guess? even the 2nd/3rd place teams out of TX or the top seed out of
Florida (so they lost to Southside, Rival, Deliv at Adams - they
weren't exactly blowouts) should go lower than Southside, I won't be
looking past anyone at regionals this year.

looking forward to seeing everyone in Austin next weekend.
church

On Sep 23, 1:14 pm, Disco14 <Disc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 23, 3:18 pm, Boe <Boe_Quisenbe...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > One more stab at this:
> > 1.      Chewbacca Defense (Chewy over Bucket giving weight to '07
> > Natties and similar 08 experiences)
> > 2.      Bucket
> > 3.      Rival
> > 4.      Deliverance
> > 5.      Guillermo Y Compania
> > 6.      Southside United (highest remaining RRI, win over Bucket at
> > Shawn Adams, no losses to lower teams)
> > 7.      Disc-Connected (highest remaining RRI, travelled during
> > season, no losses to lower teams)
> > 8.      Covert
> > 9.      Taint
> > 10.     Flash Flood
> > 11.     Austin Cougars (head-head win over Cat 5)
> > 12.     Category 5 Ultimate
> > 13.     Jacks on Jill
> > 14.     Tlacuache
> > 15.     Rec League All-Stars
> > 16.     Burning
>
> > Struggled with the head-heads in first round regarding Texas teams,
> > but could not justify bumping down Southside or Disc-Connected based
> > on their series results this year (which in turn moves your RRI up).
>
> Head-to-head results and RACO (record against common opponents) sent
> by Hugh yesterday. I think it is fair:http://upa.org/scores/scores.cgi?div=71&page=3& tourn=5199
>
> Andres.
Previous Topic:Re: Frank Huguenard's BOD Candidate Statement
Next Topic:sCCC- accepting bids
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Apr 9 19:43:48 PDT 2020
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.0RC2.
Copyright ©2001-2009 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software