Forum Search:
RSD No Spam
rec.sport.disc without the spam


Home » RSD » RSD Posts » Let's start talking Northeast Regionals!
Let's start talking Northeast Regionals! [message #892] Mon, 29 September 2008 15:11 Go to next message
rob.h.stone
Messages: 25
Registered: September 2008
Junior Member
Open:

Is anyone going to score more that 7 points on Ironside? My guess is
no. At sectionals they warmed up for Bodhi by playing two hand touch
football and won the game 15-2. GOAT? PoNY? yeah those guys are
pretty good, but are they good enough to face a boat with only ONE
iron side? I think that the best way to come at these guys is to go
for the wood side, something that USS Constitution supposedly didn't
have!

Speaking of PoNY, is it their year yet? Out west they beat the
Condors, Rhino, Voodoo, Ironside, Double Wide and took Sockeye to
universe. Then on the East they lost to Bodhi, Truck Stop (Glory
Hole), and GOAT. I'm guessing it's the air, because those guys are
ballers. Maybe if they all moved west they'd make naties every year.

Speaking of BODHI, the search is over. The sweetest Jersey's on the
planet have been found. The Red Tide jersey's that Bodhi is sporting
are redder than anything Red Tide has and more badass than anything
else out there! Nice work Breakmark!

Mixed:

Slow White, Tandem, and Bashing went last year. Looks like Slow White
is in good shape, but Tandem has a loss to Quiet, and Bashing lost to
Puppet. I think the bottom line for the Nationals is that everyone
wants Bashing there? How many fewer stories will there be without
them?

Also, there is that new team Magoozy which is essentially a couple
ballers from Ithaca College and some other people that kinda matter
from Cornell. They've been pulling a Furious all year, so let's see
how they do with a full squad.

Chinstrap got some key pick-ups, but will it be enough to make a
push? Their marquee strategy at the moment seems to be blowing 3rd
quarter leads, hope they can turn that around!

Womens:

I don't really know that much about the women's game. What I do know
is that missCONNduct and Molasses Disaster have the best names so I'm
rooting for them!
Re: Let's start talking Northeast Regionals! [message #933 is a reply to message #892] Mon, 29 September 2008 19:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bbuck
Messages: 6
Registered: September 2008
Junior Member
> "Chinstrap got some key pick-ups, but will it be enough to make a
> push?  Their marquee strategy at the moment seems to be blowing 3rd
> quarter leads, hope they can turn that around!"

We are so god damn good at that.

Bbuck
Chinstrap # (we'll get back to you on that if we go to nationals)
Re: Let's start talking Northeast Regionals! [message #1016 is a reply to message #892] Tue, 30 September 2008 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.Doughan
Messages: 1
Registered: September 2008
Junior Member
> Mixed:
>
> Slow White, Tandem, and Bashing went last year.  Looks like Slow White
> is in good shape, but Tandem has a loss to Quiet, and Bashing lost to
> Puppet.  I think the bottom line for the Nationals is that everyone
> wants Bashing there?  How many fewer stories will there be without
> them?
>
> Also, there is that new team Magoozy which is essentially a couple
> ballers from Ithaca College and some other people that kinda matter
> from Cornell.  They've been pulling a Furious all year, so let's see
> how they do with a full squad.
>
> Chinstrap got some key pick-ups, but will it be enough to make a
> push?  Their marquee strategy at the moment seems to be blowing 3rd
> quarter leads, hope they can turn that around!

This is a fun division to call. I have not seen Magoozy or
Denoinet. Having said that at least 7 teams can compete . .. Slow
White, Tandem, Chinstrap, Quiet, Bashing, Mogwai and Puppet. Yes,
Slow White is the favorite - I am assuming they will get a spot.
After that it is up for grabs. On any given game any team could
win. No team is dominate.
Re: Let's start talking Northeast Regionals! [message #1029 is a reply to message #892] Tue, 30 September 2008 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sam Tobin-Hochstadt
Messages: 56
Registered: September 2008
Member
On Sep 29, 6:11 pm, rob.h.st...@gmail.com wrote:
> Open:

4 bids = craziness. Some thoughts on seeds:

1. Boston
2. GOAT
3. Bodhi (2-0 vs PoNY)
4. PoNY
5. Phoenix (wins over Colt 45, Red Tide, SoL, Chuck Wagon)
6/7/8 Chuckwagon/Red Tide/Sons of Liberty
Chuckwagon finished highest at CHC, which they all attended. SoL lost
to Tide at Sectionals.
9 Montreal (beat RSRD, but could be anywhere - who's on this team?)
10/11 RSRD/Colt 45 (1-1 in the season series, RSRD has wins over DoG
and SoL, Colt has better RRI)
12 Red Circus (finished ahead of Militia)
13 Militia (preference given to club teams in the absence of data)
14 ARHS
15 Double Dragon
16 UVM (over/under on time of play again Ironsides: 28 minutes)

sam th
RSRD 19
Re: Let's start talking Northeast Regionals! [message #1031 is a reply to message #933] Tue, 30 September 2008 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Handy
Messages: 79
Registered: September 2008
Member
On Sep 29, 7:31 pm, Bbuck <walrusultim...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > "Chinstrap got some key pick-ups, but will it be enough to make a
> > push?  Their marquee strategy at the moment seems to be blowing 3rd
> > quarter leads, hope they can turn that around!"
>
> We are so god damn good at that.
>
> Bbuck
> Chinstrap # (we'll get back to you on that if we go to nationals)

Buck,
Your ability to not actually make it through a game/night is only
comparable to my inability at making it through a season without an
injury.

Love,
Handy
Re: Let's start talking Northeast Regionals! [message #1079 is a reply to message #1016] Tue, 30 September 2008 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brando1232
Messages: 2
Registered: September 2008
Junior Member
On Sep 30, 11:49 am, David.Doug...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Mixed:
>
> > Slow White, Tandem, and Bashing went last year.  Looks like Slow White
> > is in good shape, but Tandem has a loss to Quiet, and Bashing lost to
> > Puppet.  I think the bottom line for the Nationals is that everyone
> > wants Bashing there?  How many fewer stories will there be without
> > them?
>
> > Also, there is that new team Magoozy which is essentially a couple
> > ballers from Ithaca College and some other people that kinda matter
> > from Cornell.  They've been pulling a Furious all year, so let's see
> > how they do with a full squad.
>
> > Chinstrap got some key pick-ups, but will it be enough to make a
> > push?  Their marquee strategy at the moment seems to be blowing 3rd
> > quarter leads, hope they can turn that around!
>
> This is a fun division to call.    I have not seen Magoozy or
> Denoinet.  Having said that at least 7 teams can compete  . .. Slow
> White, Tandem, Chinstrap, Quiet, Bashing, Mogwai and Puppet.  Yes,
> Slow White is the favorite - I am assuming they will get a spot.
> After that it is up for grabs.  On any given game any team could
> win.    No team is dominate.

After playing Slow, Tandem, Puppet, and Bashing, I would say that no
one beats Puppet. Slow White has been playing better more recently
which is always a good sign but I still think Puppet takes it. I also
see Bashing, playing there unorthodox style of ultimate, making a run
for it. Those guys and girls, always make you nervous because they are
so athletic. Played Tandem at Chesapeake and they looked pretty good.
I would say Puppet wins against Slow, with Bashing taking the 3rd and
Tandem 4th.


Brando
#13 Amp
Re: Let's start talking Northeast Regionals! [message #1097 is a reply to message #1079] Tue, 30 September 2008 18:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob.h.stone
Messages: 25
Registered: September 2008
Junior Member
On Sep 30, 6:35 pm, brando1...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sep 30, 11:49 am, David.Doug...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>
>
> > > Mixed:
>
> > > Slow White, Tandem, and Bashing went last year.  Looks like Slow White
> > > is in good shape, but Tandem has a loss to Quiet, and Bashing lost to
> > > Puppet.  I think the bottom line for the Nationals is that everyone
> > > wants Bashing there?  How many fewer stories will there be without
> > > them?
>
> > > Also, there is that new team Magoozy which is essentially a couple
> > > ballers from Ithaca College and some other people that kinda matter
> > > from Cornell.  They've been pulling a Furious all year, so let's see
> > > how they do with a full squad.
>
> > > Chinstrap got some key pick-ups, but will it be enough to make a
> > > push?  Their marquee strategy at the moment seems to be blowing 3rd
> > > quarter leads, hope they can turn that around!
>
> > This is a fun division to call.    I have not seen Magoozy or
> > Denoinet.  Having said that at least 7 teams can compete  . .. Slow
> > White, Tandem, Chinstrap, Quiet, Bashing, Mogwai and Puppet.  Yes,
> > Slow White is the favorite - I am assuming they will get a spot.
> > After that it is up for grabs.  On any given game any team could
> > win.    No team is dominate.
>
> After playing Slow, Tandem, Puppet, and Bashing, I would say that no
> one beats Puppet. Slow White has been playing better more recently
> which is always a good sign but I still think Puppet takes it. I also
> see Bashing, playing there unorthodox style of ultimate, making a run
> for it. Those guys and girls, always make you nervous because they are
> so athletic. Played Tandem at Chesapeake and they looked pretty good.
> I would say Puppet wins against Slow, with Bashing taking the 3rd and
> Tandem 4th.
>
> Brando
> #13 Amp

I agree that Mixed in the Northeast is ridiculous. It seems like
Tandem and Slow got slightly worse while Bashing and Puppet got
slightly better, new arrival Magoozy and Revamped Chinstraps and
Mogwai creates some insane Parity. There is a very strong case for
Puppet taking the region. I still think that Slow will take it,
Puppet getting second. Bashing third and then a crazy fight for 4th,
eventually won by a Chinstrap that figures themselves out. Without
Mahoney or some of their other super studs, I just can't see Tandem
making as big a splash as last year, despite the high level of talent.

Seriously though fellas. Watch out for Magoozy. If you let them
surprise you, you might not be able to come back in the second half!
Re: Let's start talking Northeast Regionals! [message #1128 is a reply to message #1029] Wed, 01 October 2008 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jxxjones
Messages: 2
Registered: October 2008
Junior Member
Should a high school team really be seeded above Double Dragon, a well
established club team?

> 13 Militia (preference given to club teams in the absence of data)
> 14 ARHS
> 15 Double Dragon
> 16 UVM (over/under on time of play again Ironsides: 28 minutes)
Re: Let's start talking Northeast Regionals! [message #1133 is a reply to message #1128] Wed, 01 October 2008 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alex Peters
Messages: 287
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
They beat Double Dragon at sectionals smart guy.

On Oct 1, 9:41 am, jxxjones <jxxjo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Should a high school team really be seeded above Double Dragon, a well
> established club team?
Re: Let's start talking Northeast Regionals! [message #1137 is a reply to message #1029] Wed, 01 October 2008 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jon Rayner
Messages: 6
Registered: October 2008
Junior Member
On Sep 30, 12:45 pm, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt <sam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 4 bids = craziness. Some thoughts on seeds:
>
> 9 Montreal (beat RSRD, but could be anywhere - who's on this team?)
>
> sam th
> RSRD 19

This is just an educated guess, but I would think Montreal is
basically Mephisto minus any studs that play GOAT in Fall. So that
would likely be Eric St. Amant (played with Canada at Worlds) and Mark
Zimmerl (Shaggy). Maybe one or two more guys. Both St. Amant and
Shaggy played with GOAT in the series last year.

So difficult to peg Montreal. Had they entered as Mephisto (and lost
no one to GOAT), they'd have a good argument for being seeded ahead of
Phoenix. And Mephisto beat Bohdi back in spring, although I'd imagine
Bohdi is now much more put together. Mephisto also had wins over Truck
Stop and Burgh. And made finals at Canadian Nats. So the Montreal guys
have done well this year. They could surprise.
Re: Let's start talking Northeast Regionals! [message #1142 is a reply to message #1137] Wed, 01 October 2008 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sam Tobin-Hochstadt
Messages: 56
Registered: September 2008
Member
On Oct 1, 10:35 am, Jon Rayner <jon.ray...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 30, 12:45 pm, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt <sam...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > 4 bids = craziness.  Some thoughts on seeds:
>
> > 9 Montreal (beat RSRD, but could be anywhere - who's on this team?)
>
> > sam th
> > RSRD 19
>
> This is just an educated guess, but I would think Montreal is
> basically Mephisto minus any studs that play GOAT in Fall. So that
> would likely be Eric St. Amant (played with Canada at Worlds) and Mark
> Zimmerl (Shaggy). Maybe one or two more guys. Both St. Amant and
> Shaggy played with GOAT in the series last year.
>
> So difficult to peg Montreal. Had they entered as Mephisto (and lost
> no one to GOAT), they'd have a good argument for being seeded ahead of
> Phoenix. And Mephisto beat Bohdi back in spring, although I'd imagine
> Bohdi is now much more put together. Mephisto also had wins over Truck
> Stop and Burgh. And made finals at Canadian Nats. So the Montreal guys
> have done well this year. They could surprise.

I played again "Montreal Open" at Log Jam, and they beat us pretty
handily, so I know they're a good team. They didn't look much like
Mephisto, though. It looked like about half of their guys were
wearing Denoiret jerseys, including a bunch of their studs. Also, I
assume that if they were mostly Mephisto, they'd call themselves that
- Mephisto has played in the series before.

Personally, I think we should judge teams based on how they play
during the year under their name. So I don't think they should be
seeded higher than their two tournament performances indicate. But it
sure would be nice to know more about them.

sam th
RSRD #19
Re: Let's start talking Northeast Regionals! [message #1147 is a reply to message #1142] Wed, 01 October 2008 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jon Rayner
Messages: 6
Registered: October 2008
Junior Member
On Oct 1, 11:14 am, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt <sam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 1, 10:35 am, Jon Rayner <jon.ray...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > On Sep 30, 12:45 pm, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt <sam...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > 4 bids = craziness. Some thoughts on seeds:
>
> > > 9 Montreal (beat RSRD, but could be anywhere - who's on this team?)
>
> > > sam th
> > > RSRD 19
>
> > This is just an educated guess, but I would think Montreal is
> > basically Mephisto minus any studs that play GOAT in Fall. So that
> > would likely be Eric St. Amant (played with Canada at Worlds) and Mark
> > Zimmerl (Shaggy). Maybe one or two more guys. Both St. Amant and
> > Shaggy played with GOAT in the series last year.
>
> > So difficult to peg Montreal. Had they entered as Mephisto (and lost
> > no one to GOAT), they'd have a good argument for being seeded ahead of
> > Phoenix. And Mephisto beat Bohdi back in spring, although I'd imagine
> > Bohdi is now much more put together. Mephisto also had wins over Truck
> > Stop and Burgh. And made finals at Canadian Nats. So the Montreal guys
> > have done well this year. They could surprise.
>
> I played again "Montreal Open" at Log Jam, and they beat us pretty
> handily, so I know they're a good team. They didn't look much like
> Mephisto, though. It looked like about half of their guys were
> wearing Denoiret jerseys, including a bunch of their studs. Also, I
> assume that if they were mostly Mephisto, they'd call themselves that
> - Mephisto has played in the series before.
>
> Personally, I think we should judge teams based on how they play
> during the year under their name. So I don't think they should be
> seeded higher than their two tournament performances indicate. But it
> sure would be nice to know more about them.
>
> sam th
> RSRD #19

Totally agree Sam. I think you've got them roughly in the right slot.
And they may be weaker (than at Log Jam) if they've also lost some
good players to Denoiret.

It's not surprising (to me) for them to not play as Mephisto though
(even if mostly Mephisto). You lose a few guys off the top end and
teams aren't always comfortable carrying the name.
Re: Let's start talking Northeast Regionals! [message #1964 is a reply to message #892] Wed, 08 October 2008 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ostridae
Messages: 5
Registered: October 2008
Junior Member
On Sep 29, 6:11 pm, rob.h.st...@gmail.com wrote:
> Open:
>
> Is anyone going to score more that 7 points on Ironside?  My guess is
> no.  At sectionals they warmed up for Bodhi by playing two hand touch
> football and won the game 15-2.  GOAT? PoNY? yeah those guys are
> pretty good, but are they good enough to face a boat with only ONE
> iron side?  I think that the best way to come at these guys is to go
> for the wood side, something that USS Constitution supposedly didn't
> have!
>
> Speaking of PoNY, is it their year yet?  Out west they beat the
> Condors, Rhino, Voodoo, Ironside, Double Wide and took Sockeye to
> universe.  Then on the East they lost to Bodhi, Truck Stop (Glory
> Hole), and GOAT.  I'm guessing it's the air, because those guys are
> ballers.  Maybe if they all moved west they'd make naties every year.
>
> Speaking of BODHI, the search is over.  The sweetest Jersey's on the
> planet have been found.  The Red Tide jersey's that Bodhi is sporting
> are redder than anything Red Tide has and more badass than anything
> else out there!  Nice work Breakmark!

Rob! I appreciate the start of a solid discussion and you have laid
it out well but I don't feel like you went out on much of a limb with
any predictions.

That being said......assuming games are to 15pts

Yes I feel that Ironside will be pushed, I feel they will be back
against the wall but win the Region in a tighter game 15-12 against
GOAT.

GOAT has made some huge advancements in the past years but they are
still in second place when it comes to the Northeast. They have some
strong players but some big gaps being filled masters on one end and
in experienced players on the other. Thankfully their leadership is
tight and this team will be returning to Florida as a huge threat.
They will come up short against Ironside however dominate in the any
game there after and will not give up more than 6 pts

PONY is rolling in in Third. They have now tasted some big wins on
the west coast and despite a mixed record on the eat coast they have
tweaked their game, adjusted all the weapons and fine tuned their
defense...i say they upset Bodhi and roll into a 3rd place finish
15-11 win. This team can represent well in FL they have been
rebuidling for a few years and its their time

The fourth place will be hard fought and I am going to say the biggest
upset of the tourney is Bodhi having to go back to the drawing board
as Phoenix...an often overlooked and underestimated team makes a run
for it! Rumor has it this isn't the team that is always chasing the
Montreal summer team and falling well behind GOAT. With strong
players these Canadians are going to serve up a surprise at Regionals
and have to buy their last second tickets to FL after winning the 4th
spot 15-13

4 seeds is well deserved NE! Good job

BOT
Re: Let's start talking Northeast Regionals! [message #2015 is a reply to message #1964] Wed, 08 October 2008 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sam Tobin-Hochstadt
Messages: 56
Registered: September 2008
Member
On Oct 8, 11:17 am, ostri...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sep 29, 6:11 pm, rob.h.st...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>
>
> > Open:
>
> > Is anyone going to score more that 7 points on Ironside?  My guess is
> > no.  At sectionals they warmed up for Bodhi by playing two hand touch
> > football and won the game 15-2.  GOAT? PoNY? yeah those guys are
> > pretty good, but are they good enough to face a boat with only ONE
> > iron side?  I think that the best way to come at these guys is to go
> > for the wood side, something that USS Constitution supposedly didn't
> > have!
>
> > Speaking of PoNY, is it their year yet?  Out west they beat the
> > Condors, Rhino, Voodoo, Ironside, Double Wide and took Sockeye to
> > universe.  Then on the East they lost to Bodhi, Truck Stop (Glory
> > Hole), and GOAT.  I'm guessing it's the air, because those guys are
> > ballers.  Maybe if they all moved west they'd make naties every year.
>
> > Speaking of BODHI, the search is over.  The sweetest Jersey's on the
> > planet have been found.  The Red Tide jersey's that Bodhi is sporting
> > are redder than anything Red Tide has and more badass than anything
> > else out there!  Nice work Breakmark!
>
> Rob!  I appreciate the start of a solid discussion and you have laid
> it out well but I don't feel like you went out on much of a limb with
> any predictions.
>
> That being said......assuming games are to 15pts
>
> Yes I feel that Ironside will be pushed, I feel they will be back
> against the wall but win the Region in a tighter game 15-12 against
> GOAT.
>
> GOAT has made some huge advancements in the past years but they are
> still in second place when it comes to the Northeast.  They have some
> strong players but some big gaps being filled masters on one end and
> in experienced players on the other.  Thankfully their leadership is
> tight and this team will be returning to Florida as a huge threat.
> They will come up short against Ironside however dominate in the any
> game there after and will not give up more than 6 pts
>
> PONY is rolling in in Third.  They have now tasted some big wins on
> the west coast and despite a mixed record on the eat coast they have
> tweaked their game, adjusted all the weapons and fine tuned their
> defense...i say they upset Bodhi and roll into a 3rd place finish
> 15-11 win.  This team can represent well in FL they have been
> rebuidling for a few years and its their time
>
> The fourth place will be hard fought and I am going to say the biggest
> upset of the tourney is Bodhi having to go back to the drawing board
> as Phoenix...an often overlooked and underestimated team makes a run
> for it!  Rumor has it this isn't the team that is always chasing the
> Montreal summer team and falling well behind GOAT.  With strong
> players these Canadians are going to serve up a surprise at Regionals
> and have to buy their last second tickets to FL after winning the 4th
> spot 15-13

Your predictions are interesting, but impossible. The format has the
loser of the 2nd place game getting 3rd, and so you'd have to
restructure your brackets a little.

sam th
Re: Let's start talking Northeast Regionals! [message #2020 is a reply to message #2015] Wed, 08 October 2008 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ostridae
Messages: 5
Registered: October 2008
Junior Member
On Oct 8, 3:48 pm, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt <sam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 8, 11:17 am, ostri...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > On Sep 29, 6:11 pm, rob.h.st...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > > Open:
>
> > > Is anyone going to score more that 7 points on Ironside?  My guess is
> > > no.  At sectionals they warmed up for Bodhi by playing two hand touch
> > > football and won the game 15-2.  GOAT? PoNY? yeah those guys are
> > > pretty good, but are they good enough to face a boat with only ONE
> > > iron side?  I think that the best way to come at these guys is to go
> > > for the wood side, something that USS Constitution supposedly didn't
> > > have!
>
> > > Speaking of PoNY, is it their year yet?  Out west they beat the
> > > Condors, Rhino, Voodoo, Ironside, Double Wide and took Sockeye to
> > > universe.  Then on the East they lost to Bodhi, Truck Stop (Glory
> > > Hole), and GOAT.  I'm guessing it's the air, because those guys are
> > > ballers.  Maybe if they all moved west they'd make naties every year.
>
> > > Speaking of BODHI, the search is over.  The sweetest Jersey's on the
> > > planet have been found.  The Red Tide jersey's that Bodhi is sporting
> > > are redder than anything Red Tide has and more badass than anything
> > > else out there!  Nice work Breakmark!
>
> > Rob!  I appreciate the start of a solid discussion and you have laid
> > it out well but I don't feel like you went out on much of a limb with
> > any predictions.
>
> > That being said......assuming games are to 15pts
>
> > Yes I feel that Ironside will be pushed, I feel they will be back
> > against the wall but win the Region in a tighter game 15-12 against
> > GOAT.
>
> > GOAT has made some huge advancements in the past years but they are
> > still in second place when it comes to the Northeast.  They have some
> > strong players but some big gaps being filled masters on one end and
> > in experienced players on the other.  Thankfully their leadership is
> > tight and this team will be returning to Florida as a huge threat.
> > They will come up short against Ironside however dominate in the any
> > game there after and will not give up more than 6 pts
>
> > PONY is rolling in in Third.  They have now tasted some big wins on
> > the west coast and despite a mixed record on the eat coast they have
> > tweaked their game, adjusted all the weapons and fine tuned their
> > defense...i say they upset Bodhi and roll into a 3rd place finish
> > 15-11 win.  This team can represent well in FL they have been
> > rebuidling for a few years and its their time
>
> > The fourth place will be hard fought and I am going to say the biggest
> > upset of the tourney is Bodhi having to go back to the drawing board
> > as Phoenix...an often overlooked and underestimated team makes a run
> > for it!  Rumor has it this isn't the team that is always chasing the
> > Montreal summer team and falling well behind GOAT.  With strong
> > players these Canadians are going to serve up a surprise at Regionals
> > and have to buy their last second tickets to FL after winning the 4th
> > spot 15-13
>
> Your predictions are interesting, but impossible.  The format has the
> loser of the 2nd place game getting 3rd, and so you'd have to
> restructure your brackets a little.
>
Sam,

good call I didn't look into the details of it too deeply
No one else seems to be actually making a call so I will throw out a
few forecasts

If I read the scheduel correctly

Championship bracket
Ironside over GOAT 15-12

2nd Place Bracket
GOAT over PONY 15-9

4TH Place Bracket
Phoenix over Bodhi 15-13
Re: Let's start talking Northeast Regionals! [message #2066 is a reply to message #2020] Thu, 09 October 2008 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pkaposta
Messages: 99
Registered: October 2008
Member
Lets GET SERIOUS-
Bodhi is going to Nationals folks. Barring some absurdly poor turnout
by their college/ recent college graduate studs, Bodhi crushes
Phoenix. I would say they will have a shot at the three seed coming
out of Regionals. They already beat Pony twice this season and have
had all summer to gel and get ready for this. Micah and Andrew are
going to have the boys ready to rumble with anyone in the Region, but
I cannot see them taking out Ironside... GOAT- if Bodhi plays a
perfect game they got a good shot. Can you really say no to a Micah
and Andrew lead squad filled with Junior Worlds players, studs from
Mixed, and some ARHS ballers whom are used to playing under pressure?

Ironside is going to be pushed I think because its Regionals and
everyone wants that ticket to Sarasota. 4 bids means that Ironside and
Goat can feel safe, but otherwise everyone's gotta bring their best.
PONY has been playing strong competition all season, but Bodhi has as
well and I see them duking it out for 3rd/ 4th bid. PONY has not
beaten Bodhi and Truckstop to me is not as strong as last year and
would, in my opinion, struggle to make it to nationals in this region.
Phoenix I think is a year away. Not to downplay their season- great,
athletic, defense really can take ya somewhere... but not to nationals
in the NE this year. Who knows though- we could all be wrong and RSRD
could make nationals
Re: Let's start talking Northeast Regionals! [message #2119 is a reply to message #2066] Thu, 09 October 2008 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ostridae
Messages: 5
Registered: October 2008
Junior Member
Finally someone speaking with conviction!
The Bodhi PONY battle will be interesting HOWEVER You are completely
under estimating or overlooking the young Phoenix team......I did too
at first but after a bit of digging the fact is they have one of
GOAT`s top offensive cutters Jeff Sward, they have the young and up
and coming Andy Corey who played GOAT, they have a player that is
clearly not given enough credit for his mean speed and throws Nick
Kaulbach, and amongst a long list of other strong athletes (most who I
don't know but have played against) they have a player who you have
completely left out of the mix Derek Alexander...a young player who
some credit as being a huge factor in the win at world's for Team
Canada follow the link.....

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.disc/browse_thread/ thread/10ff24723b6e1055#

All of this to say I think the one and two spots are pretty locked in
between Ironside and GOAT
The three spot is realistically going to be Bodhi or PONY....I think
the seeding for this region has been well done and the top four teams
will all be close

HOWEVER I cannot see this tournament unfolding without an upset and I
don't see it happening in the upper ranks...unless GOAT can pull off a
win on Ironside...but a 1-2 switch is not the upset I am looking
for....

I think that under the quick footed insanely talented guidance of
Derek Alexander Phoenix is going to either send PONY or Bohdi packing
and this young CDN team is going to make it a 50/50 CDN/US split
coming out of the northeast region
Re: Let's start talking Northeast Regionals! [message #2153 is a reply to message #2119] Thu, 09 October 2008 21:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pkaposta
Messages: 99
Registered: October 2008
Member
As a member of the same section that Phoenix plays in and having seen
them play some this season- yes they have some players who are flat
out ballers. Those guys you mentioned are probably them, only would
know them on site and they could probably hang with almost anybody.
However, Bodhi to me just has an it factor about them. They won't be
scared by pressure, Micah is going to really keep them zoned in, and
Miles on D is a site to behold. The kid is a f****** monster in terms
of layout d on in cuts. Oh and hes got a pretty sweet set of throws to
go with it.

Seeing a team as young as Bodhi and frankly Phoenix pushing to
nationals really makes me excited for the way the sport is going and
gives some small hope I could have an outside shot of sitting the
bench for a team like them at some point. I think that if they met
somehow, it would be one hell of a defensive battle. Sadly, I'm
initiating rookies this weekend and thus am stuck watching score
reporter and calling friends at Devins for updates.
Re: Let's start talking Northeast Regionals! [message #2175 is a reply to message #2153] Fri, 10 October 2008 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ostridae
Messages: 5
Registered: October 2008
Junior Member
Because of the tight battles that are sure to unfold in the next two
days...resulting in players' emotions running high which in turn
brings out questionable calls, massive arguments, and a lot of lame
infamous on-field-replays of what supposedly happened.........are
there going to be observers for the big games on Satruday and the
games on Sunday??!!
Re: Let's start talking Northeast Regionals! [message #2200 is a reply to message #2175] Fri, 10 October 2008 14:46 Go to previous message
Douglas T Lilley
Messages: 674
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
On Oct 10, 11:43 am, ostri...@gmail.com wrote:
> Because of the tight battles that are sure to unfold in the next two
> days...resulting in players' emotions running high which in turn
> brings out questionable calls, massive arguments, and a lot of lame
> infamous on-field-replays of what supposedly happened.........are
> there going to be observers for the big games on Satruday and the
> games on Sunday??!!


Very good question. Anyone know?
Previous Topic:UV COTD - WUGC 08 Junior Girls Final
Next Topic:MA Mixed Regionals 2nd Place game
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Feb 18 16:17:49 PST 2020
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.0RC2.
Copyright ©2001-2009 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software