Forum Search:
RSD No Spam
rec.sport.disc without the spam


Home » RSD » RSD Posts » 2011 Open Seedings
2011 Open Seedings [message #105071] Sun, 09 October 2011 18:49 Go to next message
Andrew Dikeman
Messages: 2
Registered: October 2011
Junior Member
First Pass...

1. Revolver
2. Chain
3. Ironside
4. Furious
5. Doublewide
6. Ring Of Fire
7. Goat
8. Truckstop
9. Johnny Bravo
10. Sub Zero
11. Machine
12. Oakland
13. Madison
14. Southpaw
15. Tanasi
16. Condors

Maybe switch the Condors and Tanasi to avoid regional rematches.
Re: 2011 Open Seedings [message #105081 is a reply to message #105071] Sun, 09 October 2011 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BJones
Messages: 253
Registered: April 2009
Senior Member
Not a bad first pass, I'll have something on it tomorrow. That 6-9 is
a tough one to reconcile.

On Oct 9, 6:49 pm, Andrew Dikeman <andrew.dike...@gmail.com> wrote:
> First Pass...
>
> 1. Revolver
> 2. Chain
> 3. Ironside
> 4. Furious
> 5. Doublewide
> 6. Ring Of Fire
> 7. Goat
> 8. Truckstop
> 9. Johnny Bravo
> 10. Sub Zero
> 11. Machine
> 12. Oakland
> 13. Madison
> 14. Southpaw
> 15. Tanasi
> 16.  Condors
>
> Maybe switch the Condors and Tanasi to avoid regional rematches.
Re: 2011 Open Seedings [message #105085 is a reply to message #105081] Mon, 10 October 2011 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
T H
Messages: 1142
Registered: July 2009
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Senior Member
What's the format? I know it's pool play then bracket.
Re: 2011 Open Seedings [message #105088 is a reply to message #105085] Mon, 10 October 2011 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aden
Messages: 59
Registered: August 2009
Member
Its pool play on thursday, followed by new pools (power and non power) on friday. Then bracket on Saturday then finals on sunday.
Re: 2011 Open Seedings [message #105089 is a reply to message #105088] Mon, 10 October 2011 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
T H
Messages: 1142
Registered: July 2009
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Senior Member
Aden wrote on Mon, 10 October 2011 09:58
Its pool play on thursday, followed by new pools (power and non power) on friday. Then bracket on Saturday then finals on sunday.


Yeah, I knew that much. Was hoping for the actual format.
Re: 2011 Open Seedings [message #105090 is a reply to message #105089] Mon, 10 October 2011 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bulb
Messages: 1093
Registered: September 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Senior Member
Format will be identical to last year:

http://scores.usaultimate.org/scores2010/#open/tournament/74 90
Re: 2011 Open Seedings [message #105108 is a reply to message #105090] Mon, 10 October 2011 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aghesquiere
Messages: 36
Registered: October 2008
Member
A differnt take for seedings, with some justifications:

1.) Revolver
2.) Ironside (only one loss all year (not counting NexGen and some May tournament) and last year's runners-up, this gives them the nod over Chain & Furious)
3.) Furious (head to head wins over Chain and DW)
4.) Chain
5.) Doublewide (shame to have them in the 4/5 slot, but with Furious getting the head-to-head edge, there's no alternative? DW over Ring based on RRI)
6.) Ring
7.) Truckstop (head-to-head over Bravo)
8.) Bravo (head-to-head over GOAT)
9.) GOAT
10.) SubZero (over Machine, losses to )
11.) Machine
12.) Madison (over Oakland based on RRI)
13.) Oakland
14.) Southpaw (highest RRI left, has to be below Oakland)
15.) Tanasi (based on RRI over Condors)
16.) Condors
Re: 2011 Open Seedings [message #105111 is a reply to message #105108] Mon, 10 October 2011 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnAllen
Messages: 68
Registered: March 2011
Member
seedings should be reactive to what happened this year, and this year alone. its really, really unfair to judge a team by its performance last year. a higher seed yields an easier tournament. a team does not deserve an easier nationals next year based on their result this year. the same logic applies to this year.
Re: 2011 Open Seedings [message #105118 is a reply to message #105111] Mon, 10 October 2011 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aghesquiere
Messages: 36
Registered: October 2008
Member
Dont know if that was just intended as a statement of opinion, but the fact of the series guideline is this:

1) Seeding for Sectionals, Regionals, and the USAU Championships will be done by the coordinator using the following information: input solicited from all the captains of participating teams, results prior to the Series (e.g. head to head, common opponents, tournament finish), results of last year's Series, and other applicable information (e.g. team composition, conditions). The coordinator has the authority to adjust rankings according to the best information available
Re: 2011 Open Seedings [message #105121 is a reply to message #105118] Mon, 10 October 2011 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Knappy
Messages: 830
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
>>seedings should be reactive to what happened this year, and this year alone.

I disagree, and so do the guidelines. It should be primarily based upon this year's results, but history matters. This is why NW #1 should always be given the benefit of the doubt unless you have rock solid evidence to seed some other team ahead of them. (e.g., a head to head win at a late season tournament & an equally impressive season from a team outside NW.)

>>its really, really unfair to judge a team by its performance last year.

It's really unfair to seed a team based upon the transitive theory, too. Team A beats team B at a tournament in June. Team C lost to team B at regionals, therefore gets seeded below team A even when Team C had a better season than team A & never lost to them H2H.

Lots of things in life are unfair, get used to it.

>>a higher seed yields an easier tournament.

Not necessarily. You need go no further back to college nationals in the spring to see a #1 team upset on day one in pool play & then exit in the quarterfinals.

Re: 2011 Open Seedings [message #105202 is a reply to message #105121] Tue, 11 October 2011 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnAllen
Messages: 68
Registered: March 2011
Member
this was a statement of opinion. as soon as usau gets serious about making non-series mean anything, you know, like every other sport does, these guidelines should quickly disappear. till then, f it, coordinators just put who you think is going to win #1, who you think will get 2nd at #2, and down the line.

a #1 seed failing to win is most certainly not evidence against the statement that higher seedings give an easier tournament. with your standard 16 team snake, save your indifference between the 4-5, 8-9, and 12-13, it always benefits you to have a higher seed.

Re: 2011 Open Seedings [message #105204 is a reply to message #105202] Tue, 11 October 2011 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alex Morrone
Messages: 113
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
On Oct 11, 1:00 pm, HateTrain <johnallen95...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> this was a statement of opinion.  as soon as usau gets
> serious about making non-series mean anything, you know,
> like every other sport does, these guidelines should quickly
> disappear.  till then, f it, coordinators just put who you
> think is going to win #1, who you think will get 2nd at #2,
> and down the line.  
>
> a #1 seed failing to win is most certainly not evidence
> against the statement that higher seedings give an easier
> tournament.  with your standard 16 team snake, save your
> indifference between the 4-5, 8-9, and 12-13, it always
> benefits you to have a higher seed.  
>
> --
> Posted fromhttp://www.rsdnospam.com

I like how you put the burden on USAU to force a serious regular
season when we aren't paid professionals and everything comes out of
pocket. Keep up the blame game, in the mean time you can go brush up
on your statistics because in just about every sport there is a direct
correlation between a teams prior years performance and their current
years strength.
Re: 2011 Open Seedings [message #105205 is a reply to message #105204] Tue, 11 October 2011 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnAllen
Messages: 68
Registered: March 2011
Member
that brings up the question of what seeding is for:

if seeds are used to predict the winner, then yes, you're absolutely right - wins are probably highly correlated with past year's performance, so that should probably be weighted heavier than any other factor. conveniently, this is self-reinforcing.

if seeds are meant to reward regular season performance by way of providing easier paths, than last year's results should have no part of it.
Re: 2011 Open Seedings [message #105208 is a reply to message #105205] Tue, 11 October 2011 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alex Morrone
Messages: 113
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
I have no idea what the formal definition on this is but I am pretty
confident that seeding is done to make each pool/path equally as
difficult as the next. That is why there is a reverse snake and there
are power pools to make sure every team that deserves to be in the
quarter finals has a chance.

Sure the 1v8 games is easier to win than the 4v5 game but the 4v12 and
4v13 game are surely easier games than the 1v9 game. The system works
because you assume correct seeding by strength of teams. If you start
rewarding certain teams for playing more tournaments and ignore actual
strength and you seed XYZ in the bottom of the pack when they deserve
to be middle/top then you are inherently screwing up the format by
making a the 12 seed* stronger than the 8 seed* and the pools become
imbalanced and the paths are less fair for everyone else in the
tournament.

*Made up these seeds, not trying to pick on particular teams

Anyways, enough rambling. Seed teams based on strength.
Re: 2011 Open Seedings [message #105700 is a reply to message #105108] Tue, 18 October 2011 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barrett
Messages: 30
Registered: November 2008
Member
http://www.usaultimate.org/news/2011-club-championships-seed ing-and-schedules-set/

Looks like Dutchy had, ahem, a good read on the seedings, going 16 for
16.

Not sure anything stands out as a Pool of Death, though pool D does
feature a rare regionals rematch between Chain and DW. Looking quickly
back through history, the 4/5 seeding inside a region has only
happened 1 other time in Open since 1994 (2001 with Portland's Bonzi
at 4 and Furious at 5).

In the 18 years since 1994, there have been 5 regional seeding
rematches between teams seeded in the top 8. Two others were 1/8 and
there was one 3/6. (caveat, pre-1999 and 16 teams with power pools,
the initial pool set-ups were different than they have been since.)
Re: 2011 Open Seedings [message #105704 is a reply to message #105700] Tue, 18 October 2011 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seanc
Messages: 322
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
On Oct 18, 5:38 am, Barrett <rob.barr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.usaultimate.org/news/2011-club-championships-seed ing-and-s...
>
> Looks like Dutchy had, ahem, a good read on the seedings, going 16 for
> 16.
>
> Not sure anything stands out as a Pool of Death, though pool D does
> feature a rare regionals rematch between Chain and DW. Looking quickly
> back through history, the 4/5 seeding inside a region has only
> happened 1 other time in Open since 1994 (2001 with Portland's Bonzi
> at 4 and Furious at 5).
>
> In the 18 years since 1994, there have been 5 regional seeding
> rematches between teams seeded in the top 8. Two others were 1/8 and
> there was one 3/6. (caveat, pre-1999 and 16 teams with power pools,
> the initial pool set-ups were different than they have been since.)

also, regionals rematch in pool a, johnny bravo vs condors (8 vs 16).
Re: 2011 Open Seedings [message #105729 is a reply to message #105704] Tue, 18 October 2011 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Douglas T Lilley
Messages: 674
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
On Oct 18, 9:30 am, seanc <discj...@yahoo.com> wrote:
-and-s...
>
> > Looks like Dutchy had, ahem, a good read on the seedings, going 16 for
> > 16.
>
> > Not sure anything stands out as a Pool of Death, though pool D does
> > feature a rare regionals rematch between Chain and DW. Looking quickly
> > back through history, the 4/5 seeding inside a region has only
> > happened 1 other time in Open since 1994 (2001 with Portland's Bonzi
> > at 4 and Furious at 5).
>
> > In the 18 years since 1994, there have been 5 regional seeding
> > rematches between teams seeded in the top 8. Two others were 1/8 and
> > there was one 3/6. (caveat, pre-1999 and 16 teams with power pools,
> > the initial pool set-ups were different than they have been since.)
>
> also, regionals rematch in pool a, johnny bravo vs condors (8 vs 16).

Can anyone shed some light on Oakland? First year team? Any
distinguished players from other teams on the squad?
Re: 2011 Open Seedings [message #105732 is a reply to message #105729] Tue, 18 October 2011 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
T H
Messages: 1142
Registered: July 2009
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Senior Member
Their roster can be seen here.
Quote:
# Name Height Age
1 Pat Earles 6'2" 18
2 Chris Brenenborg 6'0" 23
3 David Vatz 5'9" 26
4 Zach Kauffman 5'11" 20
5 Colin Conner 5'10" 21
6 Jesten Gula 5'11" 25
7 Julian Hausman 6'2" 22
8 Josh Suskin 6'0" 26
9 Jason Kunsa 5'11" 21
10 Andrej Ababovic 6'3" 22
11 Nick Kaczmarek 6'1" 25
12 Danny Augenbraun 5'8" 20
13 Jay Huerbin 5'11" 24
16 Michael Brenner 6'0" 21
19 Isaac Saul 5'10" 20
21 Alex Thorne 5'8" 21
22 David Lionetti 5'9" 40
23 Max Thorne 5'8" 18
28 Ethan Beardsley 6'5" 20
31 Pat Every 5'8" 21
41 Pat Hammonds 6'2" 24
42 Marcus Ranii-Dropcho 6'2" 19
47 Michael Van Ness 6'2" 20
59 Aaron Watson 6'0" 19
66 Kyle Baynes 5'7" 24
81 Tyler Degirolamo 6'3" 22
99 Geoff Zettel 5'11" 24


looks like a bunch of kids (all under 27) and someones grandfather.
Re: 2011 Open Seedings [message #105745 is a reply to message #105732] Tue, 18 October 2011 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tonercheck
Messages: 97
Registered: March 2009
Member
Oakland is made of a bunch of current and former Pitt/Swagger U kids.
Tyler Degirolamo and Julian Hausman are very dangerous cutters, while
Chris Brenenborg and Isaac Saul do great jobs distributing the disc.
Their elite college experience gives them a certain degree of depth
(heck, they had to make Nationals somehow), and if they are together
mentally, I wouldn't put it past them to take out Madison Club or some
other lower-half teams on Friday. That's a big if, though. I really
hope they can keep it together and make some noise, because they're
the closest thing to a college club team today.

If you want to read about who can come out on top when all is said and
done, head over to Inside Breaks and check out our latest post. We
want to hear your feedback and we're interested to know what the rest
of the ultimate community thinks of these teams.
http://skydmagazine.com/2011/10/great-debate-2011-club-open- champion/

/End shameless plug
Re: 2011 Open Seedings [message #105752 is a reply to message #105071] Tue, 18 October 2011 18:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
knice
Messages: 79
Registered: October 2010
Member
Does anyone know if john norris will be playing for furious? He wasn't at regionals.
Re: 2011 Open Seedings [message #105754 is a reply to message #105752] Tue, 18 October 2011 19:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EuhNGroups
Messages: 1020
Registered: August 2011
Senior Member
knice wrote on Tue, 18 October 2011 18:08
Does anyone know if john norris will be playing for furious? He wasn't at regionals.


he will be there
Re: 2011 Open Seedings [message #105762 is a reply to message #105745] Wed, 19 October 2011 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arijoe
Messages: 61
Registered: September 2010
Member
Juuuust a few quick notes on Oakland, for the curious.

- Chris and Tyler are cutters, Julian and Isaac are handlers... at least they start there at the beginning of points. And pretty much everyone in Pittsburgh agrees that neither Julian or Isaac, including Julian and Isaac, is the team's best handler.

- David "Weasel" Lionetti is a player/coach.

- The team is entirely Pitt current players or alums, with the addition of cutter-destroying defender Jesten Gula.

- If you see him in Sarasota, tell Isaac the last Pitt guy to wear his number was far more handsome.
Re: 2011 Open Seedings [message #105771 is a reply to message #105762] Wed, 19 October 2011 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tonercheck
Messages: 97
Registered: March 2009
Member
> - Chris and Tyler are cutters, Julian and Isaac are
> handlers... at least they start there at the beginning of
> points.  And pretty much everyone in Pittsburgh agrees that
> neither Julian or Isaac, including Julian and Isaac, is the
> team's best handler.

Yes, Brenenborg usually starts as an isolated cutter and then falls
back into the handler set for one big throw or a few throws. I
described those players that way because that's what I saw them doing
most when I played against and watched them at NY Invite & Regionals
(Hausman went deep on us from the horizontal stack a number of times
at Regionals). I'm sorry to whomever you think I'm slighting by not
noting that person as Oakland's best handler. Would you care to share
who that person would be, or do you want to keep up the Crypt Keeper
routine and just keep that information to yourself? I know I didn't
mention Alex Thorne, but I've always thought of him as a hybrid player.
Re: 2011 Open Seedings [message #105775 is a reply to message #105771] Wed, 19 October 2011 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arijoe
Messages: 61
Registered: September 2010
Member
Tonercheck wrote on Wed, 19 October 2011 06:31

I'm sorry to whomever you think I'm slighting by not noting that person as Oakland's best handler. Would you care to share who that person would be, or do you want to keep up the Crypt Keeper
routine and just keep that information to yourself?


Responses to the sentences in order of appearance:
1- Don't worry about it, I honestly don't think you're slighting anyone.
2- Yes.
Re: 2011 Open Seedings [message #105777 is a reply to message #105071] Wed, 19 October 2011 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jayhuerbin
Messages: 24
Registered: April 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Junior Member
#hatehatehate
Re: 2011 Open Seedings [message #105778 is a reply to message #105775] Wed, 19 October 2011 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jayhuerbin
Messages: 24
Registered: April 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Junior Member
#hatehatehate
Re: 2011 Open Seedings [message #105799 is a reply to message #105771] Wed, 19 October 2011 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Douglas T Lilley
Messages: 674
Registered: September 2008
Senior Member
On Oct 19, 9:31 am, "itone...@gmail.com" <itone...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Yes, Brenenborg usually starts as an isolated cutter and then falls
> back into the handler set for one big throw or a few throws.  I
> described those players that way because that's what I saw them doing
> most when I played against and watched them at NY Invite & Regionals
> (Hausman went deep on us from the horizontal stack a number of times
> at Regionals).  I'm sorry to whomever you think I'm slighting by not
> noting that person as Oakland's best handler.  Would you care to share
> who that person would be, or do you want to keep up the Crypt Keeper
> routine and just keep that information to yourself?  I know I didn't
> mention Alex Thorne, but I've always thought of him as a hybrid player.

Thanks for the info on Oakland guys, much appreciated. Pretty
impressive for them to get a 12 seed in the nationals right out of the
gate like that.
Re: 2011 Open Seedings [message #105800 is a reply to message #105204] Wed, 19 October 2011 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Handy
Messages: 79
Registered: September 2008
Member
Gotta agree with AM on this one. Additionally, our sport has a huge amount of roster fluctuation in the "regular season." Last year's nationals is a better predictor than a June tournament with a bunch of recruits on the field. If you want to set a much earlier roster date (not really possible for many parts of the country, particular the northeast) then you can take the non-series time more seriously, but otherwise, this way is much more effective.

Can you point to particular times where including last year's results were extremely deleterious to the subsequent year's seedings?

Re: 2011 Open Seedings [message #105943 is a reply to message #105732] Sat, 22 October 2011 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oaklandultimate
Messages: 3
Registered: October 2011
Junior Member
T H wrote on Tue, 18 October 2011 14:45
Their roster can be seen here.
Quote:
# Name Height Age
1 Pat Earles 6'2" 18
2 Chris Brenenborg 6'0" 23
3 David Vatz 5'9" 26
4 Zach Kauffman 5'11" 20
5 Colin Conner 5'10" 21
6 Jesten Gula 5'11" 25
7 Julian Hausman 6'2" 22
8 Josh Suskin 6'0" 26
9 Jason Kunsa 5'11" 21
10 Andrej Ababovic 6'3" 22
11 Nick Kaczmarek 6'1" 25
12 Danny Augenbraun 5'8" 20
13 Jay Huerbin 5'11" 24
16 Michael Brenner 6'0" 21
19 Isaac Saul 5'10" 20
21 Alex Thorne 5'8" 21
22 David Lionetti 5'9" 40
23 Max Thorne 5'8" 18
28 Ethan Beardsley 6'5" 20
31 Pat Every 5'8" 21
41 Pat Hammonds 6'2" 24
42 Marcus Ranii-Dropcho 6'2" 19
47 Michael Van Ness 6'2" 20
59 Aaron Watson 6'0" 19
66 Kyle Baynes 5'7" 24
81 Tyler Degirolamo 6'3" 22
99 Geoff Zettel 5'11" 24


looks like a bunch of kids (all under 27) and someones grandfather.


1 Pat "P-Money" Earles... high score or no score.
2 Chris "Danger Cat" Brenenborg... his friends call him whiskers because he's curious like a cat.
3 David "Hacksaw" Vatz... plays with all the grace and finesse of a 10-pound hammer
4 Zach "Ape Index" Kauffman... or "Zeek," or "2nd team FOTY," Z.K. just looks like a monkey when he has his throwing face on.
5 Colin "The Coroner" Conner... Colin would kill people if it were legal.
6 Jesten "Quetzalcoatl" Gula... moves like a feathered serpent.
7 Julian "Freakshow" Hausman... limbs like eels, fingers like daggers, more skills than will ever be useful.
8 Josh "Badlands" Suskin... a cowboy of the old school, does not apologize for anything.
9 Jason "The Wolfman" Kunsa... a mild-mannered young man turns into a mild-mannered killer in a flurry of hair and fur.
10 Andrej "Bronze Bosnian" Ababovic... when he moves it looks like small animals are wrestling inside of his arms.
11 Nick "Kills" Kaczmarek... the only person I've ever met whose intellect can be described as 'aggressive.'
12 Danny "Hammerhead" Augenbraun... partway through his transformation into a titanium-skulled mutant, set for completion in 2012.
13 Jay "Jack of Clubs" Huerbin... you win with heart, but you defend with the club.
16 Michael "Butch Cassidy" Brenner... a grinning softie.
19 Isaac "Jew-Hand Luke" Saul... quick on the draw, an accurate shot, but with his chatterbox jaw not quite the master of stealth.
21 Alex "Hornet" Thorne... float like a hornet, sting like a rose, and anagram like a granma.
22 David "Weasel" Lionetti... you have to be crafty to father an entire team.
23 Max "The Mexican" Thorne... a wild north-American white-thorned rose cross-pollinated with agave azul.
28 Ethan "Birdman" Beardsley... baby bird grow'd up. He is a bird who is also a man. Pretty simple, really.
31 Pat "The Sundance Kid" Every... a scowling softie.
41 Pat "Pork" Hammonds... POOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRKKKK
42 Marcus "Rain Drops" Ranii-Dropcho... Marcus has perhaps the best of all hyphenated lastnames for first-syllable shortening.
47 Michael "Redbeard" Van Ness... Transitioning from "Mick", or "worst nickname in ultimate," Van Mess is taking pirate form.
59 Aaron "Doc" Watson... the doctor cannot cure what ails you.
66 Kyle "Loki" Baynes... "Show me the truth, and I'll show you the lie within it."
81 Tyler "Hiroshima" DeGirolamo... radiating heat, doling out 3rd degree burns like candy, setting the very air on fire.
99 Geoff "Honey Badger" Zettel... honey badger takes what it wants.
Re: 2011 Open Seedings [message #106027 is a reply to message #105943] Mon, 24 October 2011 13:46 Go to previous message
dusty
Messages: 159
Registered: November 2008
Senior Member
On Oct 22, 9:02 am, Haiders <oaklandultim...@gmail.com> wrote:
> T H wrote on Tue, 18 October 2011 14:45
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > Their roster can be seen here.
> > Quote:
> > #  Name    Height  Age
> > 1  Pat Earles      6'2"       18
> > 2  Chris Brenenborg        6'0"       23
> > 3  David Vatz      5'9"       26
> > 4  Zach Kauffman   5'11"      20
> > 5  Colin Conner    5'10"      21
> > 6  Jesten Gula     5'11"      25
> > 7  Julian Hausman  6'2"       22
> > 8  Josh Suskin     6'0"       26
> > 9  Jason Kunsa     5'11"      21
> > 10 Andrej Ababovic 6'3"       22
> > 11 Nick Kaczmarek  6'1"       25
> > 12 Danny Augenbraun        5'8"       20
> > 13 Jay Huerbin     5'11"      24
> > 16 Michael Brenner 6'0"       21
> > 19 Isaac Saul      5'10"      20
> > 21 Alex Thorne     5'8"       21
> > 22 David Lionetti  5'9"       40
> > 23 Max Thorne      5'8"       18
> > 28 Ethan Beardsley 6'5"       20
> > 31 Pat Every       5'8"       21
> > 41 Pat Hammonds    6'2"       24
> > 42 Marcus Ranii-Dropcho    6'2"       19
> > 47 Michael Van Ness        6'2"       20
> > 59 Aaron Watson    6'0"       19
> > 66 Kyle Baynes     5'7"       24
> > 81 Tyler Degirolamo        6'3"       22
> > 99 Geoff Zettel    5'11"      24
>
> > looks like a bunch of kids (all under 27) and someones
> > grandfather.
>
> 1       Pat "P-Money" Earles... high score or no score.
> 2 Chris "Danger Cat" Brenenborg... his friends call him
> whiskers because he's curious like a cat.
> 3       David "Hacksaw" Vatz... plays with all the grace and
> finesse of a 10-pound hammer
> 4       Zach "Ape Index" Kauffman... or "Zeek," or "2nd team
> FOTY," Z.K. just looks like a monkey when he has his
> throwing face on.
> 5       Colin "The Coroner" Conner... Colin would kill people if
> it were legal.
> 6       Jesten "Quetzalcoatl" Gula... moves like a feathered
> serpent.
> 7       Julian "Freakshow" Hausman... limbs like eels, fingers
> like daggers, more skills than will ever be useful.
> 8       Josh "Badlands" Suskin... a cowboy of the old school, does
> not apologize for anything.
> 9       Jason "The Wolfman" Kunsa... a mild-mannered young man
> turns into a mild-mannered killer in a flurry of hair and
> fur.
> 10      Andrej "Bronze Bosnian" Ababovic... when he moves it
> looks like small animals are wrestling inside of his arms.
> 11      Nick "Kills" Kaczmarek... the only person I've ever met
> whose intellect can be described as 'aggressive.'
> 12      Danny "Hammerhead" Augenbraun... partway through his
> transformation into a titanium-skulled mutant, set for
> completion in 2012.
> 13      Jay "Jack of Clubs" Huerbin... you win with heart, but
> you defend with the club.
> 16      Michael "Butch Cassidy" Brenner... a grinning softie.
> 19      Isaac "Jew-Hand Luke" Saul... quick on the draw, an
> accurate shot, but with his chatterbox jaw not quite the
> master of stealth.
> 21      Alex "Hornet" Thorne... float like a hornet, sting like a
> rose, and anagram like a granma.
> 22      David "Weasel" Lionetti... you have to be crafty to
> father an entire team.
> 23      Max "The Mexican" Thorne... a wild north-American
> white-thorned rose cross-pollinated with agave azul.
> 28      Ethan "Birdman" Beardsley... baby bird grow'd up.  He is
> a bird who is also a man.  Pretty simple, really.
> 31      Pat "The Sundance Kid" Every... a scowling softie.
> 41      Pat "Pork" Hammonds... POOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRKKKK
> 42      Marcus "Rain Drops" Ranii-Dropcho... Marcus has perhaps
> the best of all hyphenated lastnames for first-syllable
> shortening.
> 47      Michael "Redbeard" Van Ness... Transitioning from "Mick",
> or "worst nickname in ultimate," Van Mess is taking pirate
> form.
> 59      Aaron "Doc" Watson... the doctor cannot cure what ails
> you.
> 66      Kyle "Loki" Baynes... "Show me the truth, and I'll show
> you the lie within it."
> 81      Tyler "Hiroshima" DeGirolamo... radiating heat, doling
> out 3rd degree burns like candy, setting the very air on
> fire.
> 99      Geoff "Honey Badger" Zettel... honey badger takes what it
> wants.

Most entertaining internet presence?
@oaklandultimate

music on tap: jans lekman, night falls over kortedala

dusty.rhodes
at gmail.com
Previous Topic:Looking for Ride to Miami after Nationals
Next Topic:Wake Forest: Machine Baby Tournament
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Apr 1 13:22:43 PDT 2020
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.0RC2.
Copyright ©2001-2009 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software